had a ponder

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

had a ponder

Unread post by shiiv-a »

do offensive mutany abilities do MDC if being shifts to rifts?

thinking of Body Weapon.
the one that allows you to shift fingers or arm into edged weapon

apoligies if this has been answered
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Re: had a ponder

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

The general rule from the conversion book is yes. I am not sure about the specific power you cited.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

gmapprentice wrote:i'm not sure what "THE correct answer" is. if i were you i'd make the decision based on the individual powers, and be sure to make it fair. for example, Supernatural Strength would most likely do Mega-Damage, but would Extraordinary Strength? and what about the Energy Expulsion powers, most of which allow you to regulate the damage once the superbeing gains a few levels?

also, defensive powers need to be converted too. like, would Mega-Damage Capacity from PU3 convert directly into the same number of MDC, or would the number be reduced a bit?

Supernatural PS in HU2 is supernatural strength in Rifts,as well. Superhuman PS is equivalent to Robotic PS in Rifts,which also deals Mega-Damage.Extraordinary PS,if I remember correctly,can only do MD on a power punch.Defensive powers like force fields,generally convert SDC to MDC on a one to one basis.APS powers get MDC only in altered form. And I looked it up,and according to the conversion in Skrayers, Body Weapons only do MDC if the super has MD strength as well,in which case the damage is usually 1 or 2d6 MD plus the punch damage.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

hmm bakc from long hiatus and I foudn right an interesting question. I think the porblem is that not all superpowers got a conversion. Hell even those alreayd converted are not that good conversion
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

The Baron of chaos wrote:hmm bakc from long hiatus and I foudn right an interesting question. I think the porblem is that not all superpowers got a conversion. Hell even those alreayd converted are not that good conversion

This is because they are too vague with conversion rules. The MDC to SDC conversion is always a bit off. Some is equivalent damage, others you have to multiply MDC damage numbers times 10 to get equivalent SDC damage. Nothing seems to be standardized.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
The Baron of chaos wrote:hmm bakc from long hiatus and I foudn right an interesting question. I think the porblem is that not all superpowers got a conversion. Hell even those alreayd converted are not that good conversion

This is because they are too vague with conversion rules. The MDC to SDC conversion is always a bit off. Some is equivalent damage, others you have to multiply MDC damage numbers times 10 to get equivalent SDC damage. Nothing seems to be standardized.

Yes, and if you look at NPC(official ones), is even more confusing.
Silveressa
Explorer

Unread post by Silveressa »

As far as conversion goes I would also ask the question "Compared to which books power level?"

The "power level" of stuff in the basic rifts book is far weaker then stuff found in bk 11 war campaigns, which is weaker then stuff found in later books etc..

So depending on the power level of your campaign, multiplying the damage by x2 or more might be necessary to keep the ability useful and not just a "parlor trick" that is dwarfed by other weapons/abilities.
"Lesbian Gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

go check out Skraypers. It has a recent SDC to MDC conversion for a chunk of the main book's powers, and some comprehensive notes for other conversions. They specifically address supernatural, superhuman and extraordinary PS.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

There are many discrepencies in trying to convert, which is why I simply avoid using MDC as much as possible. I think the only place I convert MDC to SDC is from the Rifts Book of Magic.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

shiiv-a wrote:do offensive mutany abilities do MDC if being shifts to rifts?

thinking of Body Weapon.

apologies if this has been answered

No, they do not do MDC.

Most of the time the Normal Damage the powers do is converted to MD.

According to Scrapers the Body weapons char would need to have SNPS or invulnerability to do MD.
SNPS damage +1d6 or if only Inv. 1d6 MD for small or blunt body weapons weapons, or 2d6 MD for large body weapons.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
shiiv-a wrote:do offensive mutany abilities do MDC if being shifts to rifts?

thinking of Body Weapon.

apologies if this has been answered

No, they do not do MDC.

Most of the time the Normal Damage the powers do is converted to MD.

According to Scrapers the Body weapons char would need to have SNPS or invulnerability to do MD.
SNPS damage +1d6 or if only Inv. 1d6 MD for small or blunt body weapons weapons, or 2d6 MD for large body weapons.

To make it clearer, is pretty muhc the same as any attack in MDC world. Physical HTH attacsk, as natural body weapons does, do Megadamage only if a) are made with robotic/supernatural MDC stregth -please please do not ask me if SN strength damage cumulate with weapon damage...in case of natural body wepaon is yes, in other case WHOTHEFU**KNOW!!- and b) if they are made of VERY dense MDC material(like kisentite) or magical.
Now let's see a Minor power like Claws. The Claws "magicallY" grows from the arm/hand of the mutant. Is safe to assume that they are megadamage, as they are not given any SDC of sort and are supposed to parry pretty muhc anythign you wish to parry(in my personal envision I even given them a Penetration Value...after all they have already abonus to strike). These claws if MDC won't by the way make the same damag ethey did as SDC weapons, but more likelt just like kisentite just one third their normal damage. If Megadamage PS is possessed the claws will do their full damage plus PS damage bonus.
In case one care , I coudl give my conversion of any PU power if required.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

You know what? Even if no one asked me to I'll post them anyway. It will raise my mood, so excuse me if I sound annoying with this post.
Abnormal Energy Sense: seriously DO we need to convert it? It is the same a Psy-hound and Psy-stalker power
Adrenaline Surge: Not many conversion needed, remeber that SH PS should do Megadamage in MDC setting and SN PS is well supernatural PS, in case you are a MDC being you receive a MDC bonus of 1d4x10+10 in case of an adrenaline surge, instead of doubling MDC(we don't want even too absurde MDC value than we alreayd have don't we?)
APS of Limb: All Limbs get turned into MDC structures, with the exception of Tentacles that are MDC only if you already are an MDC being, with an MDC equal to their SDC less 25%(so 60 SDC become 45 MDC , 40 beocme 30 and 120 become 90 and so on). The MDC limb could parry Megadamage attacks, and inflict Megadamage on power punch if very hard (generally half of the damage listed under their description, so a 2d6 become become 1d6 megadamage, 3d6 become 1d6+3 megadamage and so on. If megadamage PS is possessed these damage are cumulative with SN PS damage and do not rquire power punch anymore. Oh yeahof course Wood inflict double damage to vampires
Anatomical Independence: In high magical MDC universe increase the rance by 100ft(is easier mantain a psychic connection), also even if not MDC this power allow to survive Megadamage, simply adopting the "lizard tactic" sacrificing a piece of their body to save the rest.(consider it a gruesom form of roll with punch..success meant you detached the part of your body in time). If one is an MDC being, you enjoy a bonus of +15 MDC
Animal Brother: Only one note the Animal brother could include also MDC animals,the non supernatural ones(except flying horses like pegasus, because damni those are flying horses!!), like a dinosaur , but nothing bigger than a bear.
Antennae: While in SDC universe for some reason no Antennae of any type has an SDC value, in an Megadamage Universe if the heroes is a MDC being in rifts, then the antennae has 15 MDC each. The Antennae can regrow but take 72 hours per antenna
Battle Rage: This is apparently complycated but not that much. The rage grant in a MDC universe a temporary Megamage bonys of 30 but any damage suffered by this is carried on the SDC of the mutant if he is not an MDC being8in that case work normally). So if you endured 10 point of megadamage you suffer 10 SDC damage when your rage wear off. this to reflect the fact that megadamage is tad mor eintense than normal damage. The damage bonus is megadamage if any form of megadamage is available, included handheld melee weapons, like a vibro axe or giant kisentite sword. No energy melee weapons, as they have no mass.
Beast Master: same history as Animal Brother, but can control one MDC animal each 3 level of experience starting with level 3
Blur: it does no grant any megadamage bonus
Bookworm: can translate/transcribe spells from scrolls at 60%+5% per level but can't cast them, still this guy will find lot of work amongst mage guilds, for sure. Personal Modification: can make any piece of written paper a MDC structre with 1d4 MDC +1 per level as long as he hold it
Bubble Glue: the bubble have just 5 MDC per level, but keep track of their invulnerabilities
Charge Object wiht explosive energy: Megadamage is 1d4, 1d6 or 1d6+2 as character desire, or could supercharge a large object doing 4d6 Megadamage for a two melee action supercharge or 1d4x10 for a full melee round supercharge(but don't forget the hit point/megadamage cost)
Claws: already covered see above
Color Manipulation: not many changes, but you won't need to put weak glass in your MDC vehicles anymore
Conduct electricity: Ion blast are, as far as I know, electricity...so is pretty much immune to them provided he can prry them, much as magical lighting, Electrical bolt does 2d6 megadamage, the redirect electrical attacks is awesome, great combo to do with the help of a fellow mage, as it does 4d6+1d6 per level damage. Stop electrical device face most of limits with Energy disruption when dealing with high tech, like robotics or bionic
Criminal Intuition: no change, except tha tin place like rifts will know exactly if the crime in question involve supernatural evil menace, like vampires or demons or cultist, no matter how well disguised the trace are.
Danger Sense: no change
Density walking: no change, but at fifth level can walk on ectoplasm too, while at seventh can walk on ley lines and energy flux!!!
Detonation/Explosive Power: Megadamage is 1d6 per level, but being explosion everyone and everything in radius suffer damage, explsive fistcuff does 2d6 megadamage, but no PS bonus. Explosions and heavy impacts inflict hald damage if an MDC being, or full SDC damage is an SDC being(so an explosion that does 35 MDC will do only 35 SDC if he is an SDC being.)
Disintegration: inflict 3d6 megadamage against living megadamage beings, and 1d4x10 against inanimate MDC beings. Life force somehow make one immune. Vampires and undead in general are considered inanimate, so yes this is one of few powers that actually can kill them for good. Leave absolutely nothing worth of regenerating. But due being undead(no alive nor dead) there is still the risk fo dangerous feedback. So do not be too cocky.
Doorway: no change
Earth Empowerment: Casting Rock/stone does 1d4+1 Megamage + 1 per level, all the rest hardened earth, dirt, mud are unchanged, and remain SDC. The Earth Platform has 80 MDC per 20ft of length. When in direct contact of earth PS is increased by 10 points and considered augmented in term of damage and lifting(so MD on power punch if enough high) and has +1d6+2 MDC, but only as long as he is in contact with earth
Energy Claws: megadamage point by point
EE: Cold: 1d6 +1d6 per level
EE: Directed Sound: megadamage point by point is like getting kicked by a rhinobuffalo.
EE: Energy Aura: does 1d6 point of Megadamage to anyone enetering in contact with it. Is possible to engage in HtH combat with the aura on, but you automatically lose the initiative as you keep it on in addition of using one melee action per round
EE: EMP: no change
EE: Flame Ring: Megadamage 3d6+2 to pass through the ring
EE: Force: 1d6 Megadamage+1d6 at level 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15
EE: Force Blast: inflict 2d6 SDC to SDC beings and 2d4 MDC to MDC beings and structure
EE: Icy Mist: MDC beings usfer only 1d4+2 cold damage(MDc being tend to be more resistant to it anyway)
EE: Plasma: guess what Megadamage point by point
EE: Ultrasonic Screech: does not do Megadamage but penalties for it apply also to MDC beings, provided they do not protect their ears. Is ideal against fearl MDc beings like dinosaurs and such, as they will tend to flee away when suffering this sort of attack
Energy shield: Is indestructible and could be used to parry Megadamage attacks withtout problems
Energy Whip: damage is 2d6+2 per level per whip and no you do not apply PS bonus, is an ENERGY whip. energy weapons do not add PS damage. On side note the damage is for sheer contact, so entangling an opponent will do nasty effects
Enlarge Body Parts: Hmm well, Enlarged hands and Feet allow 1d4 megadamage on power punch/kick , 1d6 is MDC being. Enlarged Torso give a temporary 25 MDC but to the torso only. The rest is the same
Enhanced Leaping: grat a power kick that does 1d6 Megadamage(is cumulative with Megadamage PS damage bonuse if any). In case of MDC being got a bonus of +5 MDC
Exploding Spheres: Damage 1d6 megadamage per level, the speed is great in Rifts due excess of energy, Speed of 10+2d6 but only in Rifts earth and similar super charged worlds
Fabric/Cloth Material Animation: Well if is MDC depend on the material animated. No change for the rest.
Feral: if MDC being, got 4d6 MDC bonus
Flight: Energy: Is the only minor flight power that grant an MDc bonus IN FLIGHT ONLY, +10 MDC, in form of an energy aura
Flight: Hover and Flight: Insect: no change
Flying Force Disc: MDC equal to PE attribute x 10, As "projectile" weapon, they does only 1d4 megadamage at level 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 15
Frequency Absorption: No change, very useful against coalition.
Giant: If not an MDC being to start, become ones at fifth level wiht MDC equal to his SDc and Hit points added together + 2d6+4 MDC at level 7, 9, 11 and 13. If MDC to start got +1d6x10 SDC at level one + 2d8+4 MDC each growth spurt. PS is considered Augmented
Glow Bug: no change, but work as globe of daylight against vampires.
Gravitational Plane: No change
Gun Limb: Megadamage "shots" are possible but only as single shot and cost one hit point for just 4 Megadamage "bullet"
Hardened Skin: Your skin turn megadamage 1d4x10 MDC + 10 per level of experience(cumulative with EX PE and Increased Durability)
Healing Powers: can heal 2d6 Megadamage as well
Heavy Weight: PS is considered augmented but don't get the usual damage bonus, unless megadamage PS is also possessed, in that case is +1d6+4 to HtH megadamage . Is not an MDC being, unless other powers are possessed in that case add +2d8+12 to the Base MDC
Heightened Sense of: Awareness, Balance, Recall and Time: no change for these guys
Hold Breath: add a bonus of +4d6 MDC if the hero is a MDC being.
Hyperdensity: Is unbreakeble as long as he stand still
Immovability: +2d6 Megadamage if a MDC being
Immune To Magic: already covered in PU book
Immune to Psionic: no change, and is an awesome power to have against Mind Melter
Impact Resistance: immune to the first 30 point of kinetical megadamage suffered in melee round
"Impervious to" powers: they allow resistance/immunity to Megadamage depending on what they are impervious to.
Increased Durability: Become an MDC being with an MDC of 80+3d6 the bonus to save vs. coma/death is unchanged(cumulative with EX PE and other similar powers)
Indestructable Bones: Add extra damage to punch and kicks(MDC or SDC depend if you can do Megadamage with your bare hands or not). The bones can sustain megadamage, adding a + 3d6 MDC in general.
Istant Wardrobe: Ideal to carry your MDC armor always with you, +2 to parry equipping with your MDC armor instead of parry
Istant Weapon: is SWEEEEEET power.
Iron Will: For when you truly want to kick the ass of a Mind Melter
Life Sense: Dislike abnormal energy snese is not disturbed by Ley Lines.
Lifting Field: no change
Lighting Reflex: No change, can dodge energy blast and railguns at -3 instead of the usual penalty, because ya know Matrix-Like reflex
Living Anatomy: can deliver 1d6 on power punch against living MDC beings, doubled on natural 17-20
Longevity: 60% to be an MDC being with MDC equal to Hit Points (become 100% if practicioner of Magic)
Lunar Strength: At full Moon MDC being with 45 MDC and Superhuman/Robotic strength. Strength is augmented at half and three quarter moon
Mechanical Awareness: yes is the same as Cyber Knight power.
Mask-No face: no change
Motion Detection: no change
Multi-Tasking: no change
Personal Force Field: 2 MDC per PE attribute point + 10 per level
Physical Perfection: 30% chance that PS is of Augmented level
Power Weapon: Megadamage point by point, plus can be used to recharge Vibroblades
Power Bands: PS is Superhuman/robotics and not extraordinary and MDC is 20 per level of experience
Quills & Spines: The Quills and Spines are MDC structures adding an armor of 40+5 per level. but due the fact they do not cover all the body still have an AR, reflecting the unprotected areas
AR is 2d4+4, They quills do megadamage is anyone grapple , squeeze or punch with megadamage strength. Can be used as weapon but in these case do megadaamge onyl if the owner has Megadamage worth strength
Resin: Megadamage, point by point
Seismic Power: the mini earthquake does megadmage on MDC structures and normal damage to SDC structures
Sense Death and Destruction: no over useful in the charnels that are MDC worlds in general, even less in Dead Reign world, but at least you know when you see an undead
Sensory Orb: MDC is ME x2 +8 per level
Shadow Meld: no change
Shadow Shaping: the Animated shadows has 10 MDC +1d6 per level but can be damaged only by magic , light based attacks or other shadow attacks. Psionics will work on the animator
Shadow Stepping: range is greater in rifts earth, but not in other MDC worlds, 45ft per level
Sleep Dust: no change
Sleeplessness: no change
Sliding: can roll with punch against megadamage HTH attacks(is like punching a ball covered of jelly!!)
Solar Powered: during daytime become an MDC being with 45 MDC and PS is considered Augmented
Sonar: no change
Speed Tasking: no change
Stench: no change and vicious against Psy-hounds
Super Bounce: Become an MDC being with 4d6+4 MDC, bounce attack does Megamage only as power attack(to do megadamage you've to bounce more than once)
Super Burrowing: in order burrow MDC materials the tunneler(exist this word?) they need some form of Megadamage tool, like a pike or MDC claws
Super Hybernation: the stasis field is an energy cocoon with 15 MDC per level
Super Wind Blast: Only the Wind punch does MDC, 1d6 Megadamage
Supervision Powers: no change
Swing Line: the line does have only 2 MDC but is damn hard to hit Swinging Speed is equal to PP +10 MPH per level
Tentacles of Hair: the animated hair become as strong as steel MDC is 2d6 per tentacle of hair)
Special: If a EX, SH or SN PS is possessed, it is possible to make it apply only to the Tentacles of hair
Toy Control: Is very possible animate MDC toys equipped with MDC weapons, expecially Wilks laser and vibroblades
Tractor Beam: no change
Ultra Hearing: no change
Unnoteworthy: This power confuse also the tracking sense of Psy-stalker and Psy-hounds, and add a penalty of -15% to total recall psionic power
Un-Trackable: It include psionic tracks and magic screening, Object read with reveal only a shadow, and does not trigger presence sense. Sixth Sense will work, but only if he is an actual menace
Venomous Attack: the deadly poison does 4d6 Megadamage to MDC beings, all other poisons work normally
Warp Sound: no change
Wave Rider: no change
Weightlessness: Megadamage punch and collisions inflict only SDc damage to this character as he/she is so light
Whip attack: an MDC whip does Megadamage in the hands of such character
Pheew kinda long and those are just the minors form PU1 :eek:
Others will follow
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Here the second part...
Major Powers
Absorb Bio-mass: Well the power is very self explicative, You can absorb only non magical and non supernatural creatures. Thakfully most D-bees and Dinosaurs fall into this category. Note that if SN strong character are absorbed, the PS become supernatural in Rift earth or similar MDC universe
APS: Acid: MDC 240(hey APS liquid has is 200) total, the acid nature does Megadamage but only to inorganic mateiral, PS is Extraordinary, in general considered equal to Augmented PS in term of damage but Skraypers consider it low level SN PS.
APS: Crystal: MDC 300(APS Metal is 600 MDC), PS is SH, and or equal to robotic or low-average SN, the Laser Beam does 2d6 point of Megadamage.
APS: Light: MDC 100 total, All attacks does Megadamage , and say clearly that his attack are very effective against vampire, possibly being able to kill them
APS: Lava: MDC 400 , PS is considered Supenratural in Lava form(if APS stone has it why not the huge mass of volcanic magma, let's not be unfair), in addition the head of lava body add +1d6 megadamage +1d6 ever even level of experience, and this apply also to sheer touch, All Lava attack does mega damage
APS: Oil/Tar: MDC: 320 total, and PS is Extraordinary(this means Megadamage on power punch most of the time), but no Oil or Tar attack does Megadamage, unless set on fire, but regardless is awesome, is like being a living carpet of adhesion :-D .
APS: Putty: MDC: 250 +100 in hard form, PS is considered Augmented in hard form
APS: Rubber: MDC: 300, PS is considered Augmented, Take no damag eform electricity. Only god know if Ion Blasters are electricty.
APS: Sand: MDC: 280, PS is considered Extraordinary but supernatural during sand behemoth, Sand Blast does 1d4+1 megadamage per level
APS: Shadow: MDC 100 total, Shadow blast does megadamage to MDC being and structures and normal damage to SDC being
APS: Vapor or Fog: MDC: equal to PE+1d4x10
APS: Wood: MDC: 300, PS is considered Robotic, The Hammering Limb does 2d6 megadamage, double against vampires, the Arrows does Normal damage or 2d4 Megadamage, but Megadamage arrows are possible only at third level.
Amphibious: Can do 1d6+4 megadamage on power kick, the mucus is hard enough to require Megadamage toosl to remove, but does not Megadamage
Borrow Power: Dislike Mimic it does say nothing about not working on Magical and Supernatural creatures, but, I think, will work ONLY for NATURAL abilities.
Catastrophic System Failure: No change
Chemical Secretion: Inorganic MDC Acid does 4d6 Megamage per application or 1d8 megadamage as vapor, Flesh Eating Chemical does Megadamage to Megadamage beings and heal slower(similar to Depleted uranium bullet) in Supenraturla and Magical being, actually a tnormal human helaing speed.
Control Density: Reduce Density: Reduce Megadamage by 15 points per level, after the fourth level can make an MDC target into SDC(but light as feather) Increase Density: Increase MDC by 20 points per level, after the third level add +100 MDC to target(but beocme immovable as well)
Copy Animal Attributes: Added to the list, Fury Beetle: Bio Armor(Major), Battle Rage ; Velociraptor: EX Speed(legs become like Velocirapors one), Claws(on feet), Heightened sense of smell; T-Rex: Giant, Supernatural Bite(yeah giant T-Rex like mouth), Feral
Create Force Construct: Like Create force Field, Are MDC . Force Fire arms does 1d6+1d6 megamage per level, Force Melee Weapons does megadamage only if there is a Megadamage worth strength being, like the force giant limb, that by the way coudl appear as a tentacle/tendril
Dimensional Room: No change, but befare Temporal Raiders and Mages, they can try to "lockpick" your D-Room(will cost 50 PPE but must detect it first)
Distort Space: No change, except can feel Spatial Anomaly, like a Rifts in a rande of 100ft,
Also being close to a rifts increase the range of the power to 150 ft
Divine Healing: Become an MDC with MDC equal to Hit Point +1d6x10 +1d6 per level, can heal MDC as well
Energy Doppelganger: MDC of the Doppelganger is Equal to creator SDC +15 megadamage per level, Energy Bolt does 4d6 Megamage +2 per level, the Nova Explosion does Megamage point by point
Friction Control: After the third level can use increase friction to reduce railgun damage by 50%
Gateways: No change, Permanent Rifts and Atlantean Pyramids count as extra know gateway provided one had visited the location before. Can open a gateway to toher dimension but cna use it only at opened Rifts
Generate Fog and Smoke: Turning invisible in fog or smoke work also against high tech sensors , psionic and magic scanning, as is not an illusion but more a merging with the fog
Geo-Termal Energy: Power From Earth turn the hero inot MDC being wit 1d4x10 +10 at level 2, 4, 7, 10 and 13, PS is considered Supernatural. but only as long as he is in direct contact with earth. All other powers does megadamage, with the exception of sulfur blast that still does SDC damage
Liquefaction: No change
ME: Crystal: Crystal Armor MDC: 80( I strongly suggest to ingore the attirbute bonuses as they do not make much sense for ME power) , Crystal Blast: does 1d4 megadamage per level. Crystal Encasement does have 20 MDC +10 per level
ME: Metal : Meta Armor MDC: 180, Shoot Metal Blades: does megadamage point by point, The Metal weapons are MDC, but inflict Megadamage only if the hero had some form of MDC Strength. Metal Encasement have 40 MDc + 10 per level
ME: Stone: Stone Armor MDC: 135, Shoot Stone Balls: does 1d4+2 Megadamage per level, The Stone Weapons are MDC, but as metal weapon they does Megadamage only with MDC strength behind(or power weapon), Stone Encasement have MDC of 30+ 5 per level of experience
Mega Wings: The Wings, and only the wings, are Megadamage Structures, with MDC of 250 each and regenerate 1d4x10+5 MDC per hour, can parry megadamge attacks, and inflict 2d4+2 Megadamaga on slash, plus Megadamage PS bonus if any.
Mirror Mastery: Mirror Blast does megadamage
Power Touch: To Destroy 1 MDC you need two PTP, same as restore. Combat Touch: Each 20 PTP could deal a Megamadage punch of 1d6+4 instead of extra SDC damage, 40 PTP give a 2d6+8 Megadamage but that's the Maximum. Healing: Living MDC is equal to hit point in the PTP neede to heal it. Power Touch: Add a MDC bonus of 2d6x10 for 100 PTP , increase Strenght by one level(normal to augmented, Augmented to robotic, robotic to SN) fro 80 PTP
Re-channel and Expel energy: Energy based magic inflict Full Damage in SDC if the character is SDC being. But can be rechanneled back , it just hurt like hell(stinky magic!)
Reconstruction: Megadamage weapon take twice the time to build/repair.
Regeneration Ultima: while does not turn into an MDC being, the healing is so fast it could easily surive it. when hit by a megadamage attack roll with punch. If successful damge suffered is only SDC, as your body had just healed enough fast to compensate for it.
Rocket Fist: The Protective Body Field has 100 MDC and is immune to impacts. The Damage this power allow is, OBVIOUSLY, megadamage, as it simlpy turn the hero into a living Railgun bullet.
Spira/Vortex: The Vortex Blast does 1d6, 3d6 SDC damage or 2d6+6 megadamage +12 when using a water vortex
Create Tornado does Megadamage and so does Create Whirpool(check Elemental Spell of same name), Air Shield can parry Super fast bullets but deflect them rather than actually parry it, and are -3 to do so, failure means pass thorugh the Air shield)
Super-Consumption: guess waht can eath Megadamage materials, Inroganic Bite depend onf SN bite power, while Inorganic does 2d6 megadamage. Each 100 LBs of MEGADAMAGE material ingested add 1d4x10+10 MDC to the hero
Supernatural Bite/Jaws: does Megadamage point by point.
Totem Energy Aura: The energy aura Totem has 40 MDc per leve of experience, and inflci Magadamage with its natural attacks +1d6 for the energy nature of the aura
Vertigo Field: No change
Weapon Energy extension: already covered in scraypers
Weapon Melding: Seriously, since this power is VERY WELL KNOWN in Rifts, do need further conversion? And again is a power that depend on the weapons and armor to work, so Rifts Earth is paradise

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”