Your Villains

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Your Villains

Unread post by gaby »

Tell me the villains you have come up with to face your player characters?

How do you keep ther personalities of each one different from the other?

Do you have different levels of Villains?
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Re: Your Villains

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

I personally use media models a lot, this helps me deal with such things quickly and defines the Villian sharply without worring about huge personality detail.

Here is and Article I did for another game about using media Models
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Jeez. I have so many different villains, each one very different from the others. A master vampire who in life was a necromancer and figured out a way to increase his knowledge of death magic as an undead. A True Atlantean who came to Palladium as a mercenary and is only evil if the money is right. Problem is, most of the heroes don't trust him for this fact, so he is most often working for the bad guys. A High Orc Savage Warrior (barbarian) who is immortal (a special sub-class I created, loosely based off of the immortals in Highlander, very loosely) Then there's the God of the Shadow Realm, held in an alternate reality prison where he was placed by the Gods of Light, released by one of his avatars, accidentally awakened by the heroes. Those are just some of the more memorable ones. There are truly dozens of others, each one pretty unique. Not sure how I manage to keep each one individual, but it works out that way. Mostly it's their motivations, I guess.
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
bradshaw
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Gin and Tonic

Unread post by bradshaw »

I've used Wash Darb from the Dyval book in more then one game. They never really now if he is on their side or not. The fun thing about using a NPC like that is Deevils fit in perfect on the Palladium world but if pressed too far Wash will pull out a gun and shoot the place up.
Dames, Droids, Drinking and Damnnation
Suicycho
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Suicycho »

One of my greatest Villains of all time was Nogrustru, the wolfen on the cover of the Northern wilderness book. The blurb about the art print gives some hint as to his powers and I just used it and expanded from there. He was literally a major, recurring villian for several years.

I also like scarecrows.
Suicycho-the only Sound Off poster to get a thread locked for flaming himself.

"And that's why I call you Cracker you cracker." -Daniel Stoker

"IM perfectly willing to accept whatever Suicycho say's as GOd GIven Truth." -Sir Spirit
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I also have Nogrustro as a villain.

He's is the son of a Wolfen PC and Rabdos the Strnagler. As a demi god of hades he stole the PC's Crystal skull he found in the Enry and Axel's Island pyramid (it was in two parts) and used it to link to the Splugorth whilst at the haeds pyramid. He is now using its power to entice his father to join him "and we will rule the megaverse as father and son."
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

Personally, I tend to go with the "best" (depending on your view...) villians were once the good guys. Something happened, that switch got flipped, and now, he's out to control/destroy the world.

My FAVORITE, was a priest of Thoth (level 4) wizard (level 15). He had started life as a wiz, devout worshipper of Thoth, and eventually became a priest.

Then, his entire party got wiped out in a blink of an eye. (IOW, The GM decided to remind us that there is ALWAYS someone bigger, badder, and a LOT more powerful out there!).

Being the student of magic that he was, he began studying all the evil he could find, starting with the bigger stuff, then slowly working into the "basics" of evil. Yes, that meant he started targetting the lowly thief, the con man, etc etc, and tried to find the "center" of their evil- literally. Brains, hearts, blood.. he searched everywhere to see if he could find what made a person evil.

Of course, this eventually caught the eye of some "do-gooders", who had to hunt him down....
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

bradshaw wrote:I've used Wash Darb from the Dyval book in more then one game. They never really now if he is on their side or not. The fun thing about using a NPC like that is Deevils fit in perfect on the Palladium world but if pressed too far Wash will pull out a gun and shoot the place up.

Yes, I bet you have. ;)
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Soldier of Od wrote:
bradshaw wrote:I've used Wash Darb from the Dyval book in more then one game. They never really now if he is on their side or not. The fun thing about using a NPC like that is Deevils fit in perfect on the Palladium world but if pressed too far Wash will pull out a gun and shoot the place up.

Yes, I bet you have. ;)

Youre too quick, I hadnt even noticed.

Doogyrev!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

1) I randomly generate them so I don't get stuck in ruts and it produces unique characters
2) I know what the know and what they don't. I know what they want, love fear etc. Knowing who they are lets me know how and where they might make mistakes, or where they might be vulnerable. Whether or not the PCs are ever able to discover this or take advantage of it is immaterial.
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well to me ther different level of Villains my player group face,lowest are bandits.

I have my PCg face a Night Stalker,the Dragon was a Gambler he made a bet,with the leader of the group,if he wins he gets to eat all of them,if the leader wins he joins the group,he lost.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

My favorite was and elf witch name Malekithe, who through this followers gave my players hell for over a year or two. He was biabolical, and pure evil.

However I've had other ones too, including a PC gladiator's mother (The PCs back story was he was a good for nothing lazy kid, so his mother threatend to sell him if he didn't shape up. He didn't so she sold him to a roving gladiatoral band.) who got ahold of a magical item that granted her magical power. It's best when they never see it comming, the look on their faces... :bandit:

My latest one was an ex-General from some forces they defeated years ago in a campaign arc... Cause and effect, power vacuums, greed, it's great for setting up more villany. Some 'villans' are actually more like good guys, depending on your point of view, in my past campaign as well. Like pirates sinking Timiro ships and freeing slaves, or wolfen protecting hunting grounds from poachers...
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

Well Villains in my game is a ill suited term (plenty of times players are selfish or evil themselves, so their antagonists might be paladins or simily rivals without a real morality indicator in the game).

But some of my more memorable right now come from my primary play test game (At this point, the characters are rather nutsy powered, thus the bad guys are similarly in quasi-godlike stature). Among my personal favorites is the now dead Berserker (actual name no longer used), the former leading member of the top assassins guild, who a decade ago found the remains of a being known as an Aryan (think Chaos Lord General, each old one has 4, most imprisoned due to their qusi-immortal status, this particular one, Sebathia, ended up dead due to a twist of fate), found its remains, and (being a necromancer) bonded himself with the remains, already evil mind corrupting further and just becoming a blood thirsty, gleeful killing machine, at best able to restrain himself between assassinations, and strong enough to murder an entire guard town (His degrading metal stability led to his imprisonment by the remainder of the council, let loose only for high profile targets demanding direct fights).

Another is De-Theed, an Aryan from the same game, The Brothers of Darkness and the First Minatur, it's a split soul occupying two bodies, but only one can be in reality at any given time (and one must be in). They basically phase in and out of reality in close proximity of each other, taking 5-10 second turns in the physical realm, but share much of their mind and stay aware of the other surroundings and actions while they're out. In combat they share a single rune axe, and phase between grabbing and hefting it around (when someone takes a swing, they phase out, causing the attack to miss, the other phasing in behind the aggressor, snatching the axe and countering). In time the party befriended him, and though his particular old one is awake, he has taken up the cause to help the mortal races (and his chosen people, the Good Minatuar found in Baalgor Wastelands (found and pulled from the desert by the players).

The last is Lictalon (It's a bit of a personal spin on the character), at the moment frustrated and displeased with the players (In my take, he was the 3rd Aryan of Xy, after Kym-Nark-Mar and Lokum, and the first of the Elven race). His attempts to use the player party ended in their negative response (they're not exactly bad guys or anything, but there's been a lot of conspiracy against both them and Lictalon that ended them on very bad terms, like one mistakenly awakening Agu, and one intetinally awakening Aryans of Netosa, eventually awakening him), He had since ordered them to submit, and allow his reformed Army of Light to absorb the forces they tirelessly collected, and angered when they refused, is now launching an attack against them to get through to the Chaos Lord Holdings in the Citadel. While not a 'bad guy' per si, he's a fun frustrated straight man to pit against the often drunkard, emotionally unstable and semi-self centered personalities of the party (but undeniably powerful).
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”