Sell me on Dead Reign

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Re: Sell me on Dead Reign

Unread post by azazel1024 »

I think the game has a few flaws, but nothing a couple of minor house rules can't quick fix. On the whole though it is great! A lot of fun, especially if you are in to zombies. Great background information on how everything happened and what the world today is like. Great adventure ideas, etc.

I am looking forward to the latest sourcebook, Dark Places. Curious what the heck is in it since Kevin has been rather cryptic about its content (probably because he hasn't finished writting it yet).
-Matt
azazel1024
Champion

My thoughts exactly.

But, then again no game system would be perfect for me unless I created it myself and frankly I am to lazy for that, so until then PB is the closest possible thing with great rich stories and wonderful worlds to adventure in.
-Matt
Lord Death
Explorer

Unread post by Lord Death »

oooh man the zombies r great i've us them in my RIFTS Chaos Earth and my players cannot get enough of the zombies in the ZOMBIES WARS. :D
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

Why should you buy DR? It has my art in it. :twisted:
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Granpafishy
D-Bee

Unread post by Granpafishy »

TrumbachD wrote:Speaking of specific rules differences: does Dead Reign use normal "Fixed" ISP/PPE rules or the "it changes with the threat you're currently facing" thing from BtS? :roll:
I ask because DR seems to touch on many of the themes of BtS, so I was wondering wich way they went with this game. :?

As for P.P.E., it uses a fixed amount, but doesn't have any particular O.C.C. that makes use of it other than feeding zombies.
There are no psionics or I.S.P. in the base game.

Tad
"The only Sane people in the world are those that are iNsAnE, and know it."
Teltum
D-Bee

Unread post by Teltum »

This is not your normal D&D 2 hit kill at first level zombies.

It is intense and action oriented.

Great story opportunities for heroic action.

I hate to say it but the book is just a great read. It is worth the price of admission even as a bathroom reader. I just finished up a game yesterday. I really enjoyed the game a lot but the other players really took the shine off a great game. So as a gamer of 8 years and over a dozen different systems it is worth every cent and get the source book as well, lots of great stuff.
Sorry, just to note, "Napalm" is a cop-out. It has always been and always will be the second coolest method of killing zombies. Right behind the chainsaw.
Wōdwulf Seaxaning
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Wōdwulf Seaxaning »

Cool. I've been debating on getting this but put it off. I just checked our local shop I go to & they are sold out!!! Even their online store & warehouses seem to be out. Damn! I'll have to check the other shops.
Better Dead than Red!
F**k AntiFa! F**k Nazis! F**k Communists!
azazel1024
Champion

I've been hoping at some point a future book touches on police, guard, reserve, military stuff.

Example random tables for raiding a police station, county jail, national guard armory, etc. Also some more of the type of equipment you'd find in them (as well as maybe ideas on some of the basic police vehicles, military vehicles, equipment, weapons, etc). I know some of that you can pull from the Compendium of contemporary weapons...but other then that there isn't really a good resource anywhere for anything else (and never been a good resource anywhere for military vehicles, even the humble jeep or HMMWV, let alone a 4 ton truck, M113, etc).

Most people are just survivors, but there is the apocolyptic soldier and there are tons of national guard armories and reserve armories scattered throughout the country in rural areas. They aren't going to have the kind of stuff and actual military base has (which most/all seem to be crawling with zombies, which makes some sense)...but they are going to have things (likely) like basic equipment, weapons, HMMWVs, 4 ton trucks, possibly artillery, light armored vehicles, bulldozers, etc.
-Matt
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Unread post by Sir Neil »

azazel1024 wrote:Example random tables for raiding a ... national guard armory...

Unless you're a superhero who can punch through several inches of steel, forget about it. :) The zombies would hear you and break in well before you could get into the arms room.
As seen in Rifter 20
Called "disturbing" by Therumancer.
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Sir Neil wrote:
azazel1024 wrote:Example random tables for raiding a ... national guard armory...

Unless you're a superhero who can punch through several inches of steel, forget about it. :) The zombies would hear you and break in well before you could get into the arms room.

Unless the place was maybe evacuated in a hurry and some doors were left useable but ajar?? :)
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)

Return to “Dead Reign™”