What fantasy stlyle Movie and TV,s series you get ideas?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What fantasy stlyle Movie and TV,s series you get ideas?

Unread post by gaby »

Tell me what Fantasy stlyle Movie and TV,s series you get ideas for the look of your Palladium fantasy,s characters and villains?
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: What fantasy stlyle Movie and TV,s series you get ideas?

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

ALL OF THEM!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I just get ideas from everything.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

You can convert stuff for use in your games, you just cannot POST conversions of copyrighted material here.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I started drawing a lot while recovering from being hit by a car and the surgeries that followed. I am severely sleep deprived and have chronic pain. So it is not just what you watch, but how warped your mind is while processing it.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

TrumbachD wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I started drawing a lot while recovering from being hit by a car and the surgeries that followed. I am severely sleep deprived and have chronic pain. So it is not just what you watch, but how warped your mind is while processing it.

WHEW!
Glad I'm not the only who gets his ideas this way!
I totally agree about how important the state of the brain is for getting inspiration.
Bouts of Hydrocephalus (water-On-The-Brain) always force me to consider the annoyingly inconvenient fact of my own mortality, Hence my fascination with characters not burdened by that particular inconvenience :lol:
Heck, Most gamers indulge in a little 'wish fullfilment' on occasion :evil:

I had a friend named Vaughn with water-on-the-brain. I respect anyone who can persevere with that kind of "inconvenience".
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

I get ideas more from books I read and pictures in magazines. I watch a lotof documentaries on TV, Discovery and History Channel.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
t0m
Adventurer
Comment: nothing left and nothing right

Unread post by t0m »

i get most of my best inspiration from metal lyrics, since i dont watch much tv or many movies. a lot of metal touches on fantasy themes, the occult and 'evil' people. there is a line in a song (morningstar rising) by a band called 'the crown', that says ' i beat my chains into a sword'. i love that metaphor and used it (and some other lyrics) to come up with a great villain backstory at one point. the album 'from wisdom to hate' by gorguts also gave me some good ideas for that character. the lyrics are filled with imagery of conquerors and ancient places/treasures. if you speak 'metal' and have a bit of imagination it can be a great resource. (if you dont speak metal, you can read the lyrics online at sites like darklyrics.com too lol)...
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Lord of the Rings, Merlin, Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, Gladiator and a myriad of others. I pretty love all the fantasy stuff that comes out, so my games are typically quite a mixture of looks! Also comics like Conan or the long lost Sojourn from crossgen are big ones for me.
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”