Cloaking super power from Heroes Unlimitd converted to Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Re: Cloaking super power from Heroes Unlimitd converted to Rifts

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

You can use the power pretty much as is,I think. It would not affect TW devices,though.Now,this is just my opinion,but full conversion borgs should still be able to see you,but they would not get any bonuses from any high tech sensors to hit you in combat.This power will be incredibly useful in Rifts.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

It needs no conversion.

And actually, no, Full Conversion borgs could not see you, nor could anyone with cybernetic or bionic eyes.

And I can think of no reason why TW would not be effected.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:It needs no conversion.

And actually, no, Full Conversion borgs could not see you, nor could anyone with cybernetic or bionic eyes.

TW is not actually technological. now if you had a TW device that provided, say, thermo vision technologically and then also provided a TW enhancement that lets you see the invisible, the thermo part wouldn't work (because it actually is technological) but the see the invisible part would work fine imo (though it wouldn't allow the thermo vision to see the cloaked character, as he's not actually invisible, merely undetectable to technological sensors; in the event the character was using an invisibility spell, the TW portion of the goggles would see through when activated)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Shark_Force wrote:

TW is not actually technological. now if you had a TW device that provided, say, thermo vision technologically and then also provided a TW enhancement that lets you see the invisible, the thermo part wouldn't work (because it actually is technological) but the see the invisible part would work fine imo (though it wouldn't allow the thermo vision to see the cloaked character, as he's not actually invisible, merely undetectable to technological sensors; in the event the character was using an invisibility spell, the TW portion of the goggles would see through when activated)

TW is both technolgical AND magical. That's why it's called TW. If it wasn't technological, then it'd be no different from other magic weapons.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

My rationale was the same one behind the idea that FCBs are affected by neither Bio-Manipulation nor the various Telemechanics powers.Since they are neither wholly organic nor wholly technological in nature,they are unaffected by some things.And since TW devices are not machines in the conventional sense,they are also not affected.These exceptions also help keep a player with Cloaking from unbalancing the game.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?

Return to “Rifts®”