Beyond supersonic speed?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Beyond supersonic speed?

Unread post by NMI »

Several speed enhancement powers here
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The only "speed" powers that go faster then the sonic speed and sonic flight, are the Space flight powers in the Galaxy Guide.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Unless your GM lets you use a combo of Vibration and Sonic Speed and Blur, thereby doubling your speed and running through objects.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

don't forget Rocket Charge from PU3; it starts out at about mach 2, and goes up by 100 mph per level. not as bonus-heavy as sonic speed, but faster and harder hitting.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

There is an NPC in one book,Century Station I believe,that has Sonic Speed twice.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Captain Shiva wrote:There is an NPC in one book,Century Station I believe,that has Sonic Speed twice.

Ahhhh. Bill Coffin. I Loved your prose, I just hated your statistics. I will Miss thee.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Mephisto wrote:
Iczer wrote:
Captain Shiva wrote:There is an NPC in one book,Century Station I believe,that has Sonic Speed twice.

Ahhhh. Bill Coffin. I Loved your prose, I just hated your statistics. I will Miss thee.

Batts

Out of curiosity, was there any NPC that really got you annoyed, or was it that all of the characters had physical stats in the high 20s (Bodyshots, I'm looking at you), or did his settings seem to have too much going on, where there was no sense of mundane anymore?

I have to put this on the record. I liked Bill Coffin's prose. It was really..evocotive and relevant to the genre (RPG supplements have to, by nature, reveal quickly and don't need traditional beginning-middle-end structure).

But almost everything he wrote was power creep. seriously. a city of megaheroes? and the non-megas having implausable attribute runs. not to mention wonky stats and rules violoations (i understad he wanted to push an envelope, but IMHO he busted the envelope wide open in the preceding pages).

Ahem. In short, i have laways regarded Heroes Unlimited (and by it's extension HU2) to be a 'thinking mans game' rather than a power festival. I own products that do that job better, but don't fufill in other respects. I'm a confessed anti-power gamer and I'm allergic to munchkinism (as well as the Munchkin semantics defence) They make me break out in in Rants.

So setting good. characters bad.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Julian_the_first wrote:Beleive me I have thought about all of this but I am tryin to figure out flash level speed which is fast enough to dodge lightning as if it was moving at 30mph to some one with sonic speed. Yeah with stacking you can get close but not really, I know I should expect to get everything that the different speedesters of the comics can do and they really don't get enough bonuses for how fast they are able to react and see things. I'm not asking for FTL on foot but I would like help trying to figure out something for speedesters with powers at near light speeds.

In Rifter 12,there is a power called Teleportational Speed,which does go up to light speed.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”