I liked the Shemarian nation book

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

I liked the Shemarian nation book

Unread post by Bood Samel »

Let me say my one bad thing about it first-

It did at times seem to say the same things repeatedly.

But....

Over all it was a fun book. I know people love the pages of new gear and weapons in every rifts book, but I was glad to see that this was kept to a reasonable minimum. I liked the varieties of new Shemarians and the distinct styles of various regional tribes. The art was cool (though sadly no Perez), in particular the Shemarian berserker ravaging the slave barge. Also the quick and efficient stat blocks on various Shemarian squads was both utilitarian and useful story wise. These new rifts books have been great (Madhaven, dinosaur swamps, etc.), gritty, fun and no power creep. I love A.R.C.H.I.E.-3 so anything on him is always good.

KS, please let these new guys keep doing these great books!
taalismn
Priest

Re: I liked the Shemarian nation book

Unread post by taalismn »

Agreed...fun and unexpected(we had a lot less advance warning on this than a lot of other more heavily trumpeted projects)... :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I'll chimne in here too. I thought the history of the Shemarians as well as the fact that they go into detail to a degree about the fact that ARCHIE and Hagan find it histerically funny that thier are puling this ruse off so relatively easily thus far.

I think more of these smaller 64-96 page books are needed. Smaller price point and definitely made to make sure there is a quality over quantity feel to it.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

I really dug the Shemarrian Nation book also. It gave a good about of imformation and helped advance the game world with out breaking anything.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Said my peice on previous threads on this subject, but I'll reiterate; good stuff, nice base for GM's to expand on.
And if a player was allowed to play a rogue Shemarrian, use the Neural Intelligence A.I. and the Robot R.C.C. (Heh :lol: ) experience table in either HU2 or the Rifts sourcebook 1
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound

Return to “Rifts®”