Power Punches...

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GMDijarian
Explorer

Power Punches...

Unread post by GMDijarian »

So I know you can spend two actions in order to do a power punch and that it does double damage.
I may be wrong but I believe there is also a power kick which also does double damage.
Is there a power cleave?

Can you use this ablity with a weapon?
Do any of you have a house rule that applies to this, I was thinking that it may inflict too much damage if doubled but what about adding an additional die to the roll?

Just some thoughts.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Power Punches...

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

In PF, only if the class or hand to hand says you can, or if the char has SNPS.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Hmm that's a tough one. Using the combat rules of PFRPG I'd say no. However, the current
combat rules used in BtS 2nd edition, Dead Reign, and Rifts Ultimate, give Hand to Hand
Basic Power Punch, but no Power Kick. Expert, Martial Arts, Assassin, and Commando all get
Power Punch/Power Kick. This tells me these rules are now the "current" combat rules of
the Palladium Megaverse. The description only says a "haymaker of a punch/kick" that only
costs two actions. So it makes sense to me to say I want to hit it with my axe with all my
might. But the thought of trolls, ogres, wolfen, bearmen, and all non-super strength guys
power blowing all the time with their giant size weapons is rather scary. But if you want to
play it that way I'd say go ahead. But warn me before I enter one of your games. ;).
GMDijarian
Explorer

Unread post by GMDijarian »

Reagren Wright wrote:Hmm that's a tough one. Using the combat rules of PFRPG I'd say no. However, the current
combat rules used in BtS 2nd edition, Dead Reign, and Rifts Ultimate, give Hand to Hand
Basic Power Punch, but no Power Kick. Expert, Martial Arts, Assassin, and Commando all get
Power Punch/Power Kick. This tells me these rules are now the "current" combat rules of
the Palladium Megaverse. The description only says a "haymaker of a punch/kick" that only
costs two actions. So it makes sense to me to say I want to hit it with my axe with all my
might. But the thought of trolls, ogres, wolfen, bearmen, and all non-super strength guys
power blowing all the time with their giant size weapons is rather scary. But if you want to
play it that way I'd say go ahead. But warn me before I enter one of your games. ;).

I think it would make things more interesting maybe. Make room for more roleplaying and truly have to battles more realistic. Make the players role play and use their heads maybe before their swords...but its just an idea.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”