Robot OCCs in the 3G's

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Robot OCCs in the 3G's

Unread post by Pox »

Just wondering how anyone would/does tweak the rules set up in Sourcebook 1: Revised.

There is one thing that I'd change and that is the inclusion/replacement of nuclear with the anti-matter powerplant the three galaxies use.

Also...I guess I would expand the language program selections to include/replace the use of the main nine languages. There is also the thought of integrating the multi-tool into a robot's systems.

anyone else have thoughts on this?
we forgive you pox - Lord Cherico
You mah main Damie, Pox - el magico -- darklorddc
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: Robot OCCs in the 3G's

Unread post by jaymz »

I'd say that woudl pretty much cover it. Whatever is available on rifts earth is available in the 3G. Also any 3G bionics could be allowed for the Bot as well.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Might wanna come up with additional skill programs too, to cover various functions.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

For my personal games, I dropped the cost of everything by a factor of ten, assuming that it's far easier to buy and build robots in the the Phase World setting, than it is on Rifts Earth.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

Braden Campbell wrote:For my personal games, I dropped the cost of everything by a factor of ten, assuming that it's far easier to buy and build robots in the the Phase World setting, than it is on Rifts Earth.

I like that idea, but any changes to MDC or performance?

The idea behind this is to build a staff for a CAF scientist NPC (who specializes in robotics/bionics/Cybernetics) that I'm centering some ideas around. There will be assistant, bodyguard, and search & retrieval models.
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Hi there!

Pox wrote:I like that idea, but any changes to MDC or performance?

The idea behind this is to build a staff for a CAF scientist NPC (who specializes in robotics/bionics/Cybernetics) that I'm centering some ideas around. There will be assistant, bodyguard, and search & retrieval models.

One can raise the upper limit of MDC, performance, etc. As long as the result is not clearly superior to a Repo-bot,
it seems OK to me.

However, keep in mind, that in the 3 Galaxies, where against Machine People several wars were launched, attempting to
wipe them out... So, robots might not be welcome at all, or regulated, outlawed, etc.

Adios
KLM
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

KLM wrote:Hi there!

Pox wrote:I like that idea, but any changes to MDC or performance?

One can raise the upper limit of MDC, performance, etc. As long as the result is not clearly superior to a Repo-bot,
it seems OK to me.

However, keep in mind, that in the 3 Galaxies, where against Machine People several wars were launched, attempting to
wipe them out... So, robots might not be welcome at all, or regulated, outlawed, etc.

Adios
KLM

Could always go Asimov on them and produce "Humaniform" Robots, Say hello to R. Daneel Olivaw (R stands for Robot in the novels, just in case anyone HASN'T read them :P :D ).
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

remember to check the Rifts Bionics Sourcebooks too for features. A few in there might be useful.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Pox wrote:Just wondering how anyone would/does tweak the rules set up in Sourcebook 1: Revised.

There is one thing that I'd change and that is the inclusion/replacement of nuclear with the anti-matter power plant the three galaxies use.

Also...I guess I would expand the language program selections to include/replace the use of the main nine languages. There is also the thought of integrating the multi-tool into a robot's systems.

anyone else have thoughts on this?

I would not 'Tweak' the rules any.
While I personally not include any anti-matter power source. If someone did, I would expect it to cost at least twice as much as the nuke power source.
But an AM power source comes with a refueling problem. Most governments would closely keep controls the AM supply, more then they would fissionable.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Why not have a Quantum Singularity Power Source too. :D
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

TechnoGothic wrote:Why not have a Quantum Singularity Power Source too. :D

cuz everybody in the 3G's knows that you need a bot at least 15' tall for that and I'm trying to keep them human-sized...duh. :lol:
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

Pox wrote:
Braden Campbell wrote:For my personal games, I dropped the cost of everything by a factor of ten, assuming that it's far easier to buy and build robots in the the Phase World setting, than it is on Rifts Earth.

I like that idea, but any changes to MDC or performance?

Don't forget the sexre.. er seCREtary bot.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

well...my first model is done and I came in alot more under-budget than I had planned for which is always nice.

With all the features I could pack into her 5'6", 270 lbs. frame(I reduced her size as well by 10% from the stock 6', 300 lbs.) she added up to 13,126,770 (or 14,585,300).

Now to go figure out which pic (I go to DeviantArt.com and get inspiration from art there), I'm going to flesh out next.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”