How would YOU .. beat the CS military ?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

How would YOU .. beat the CS military ?

Unread post by Lenwen »

How would you beat the CS military ?
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Re: How would YOU .. beat the CS military ?

Unread post by Anthar »

I'd overthrow the gods of plot-immunity and then the fooling mortals of the Coalition States would suffer my wrath, MwuA-HA-HAA!
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Lenwen wrote:How would you beat the CS military ?

I know Kung Fu.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Killer Cyborg wrote:

I know Kung Fu.

Whoa... :shock:
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Please clarify what you're asking for. "The CS military" is open to a lot of interpretation.
--Beat a Battalion?
--Beat an army in the field (a couple of Divisions)?
--Defeat Chi-Town and all it's forces?
--Defeat every member of the CS military, including cadets and traniees?
--Defeat all of the CS?

The question needs a better defined scope.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Kalidor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kalidor »

I can't beat them. So I would join them.
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

As a GM... simple... I wave my hand and tell my players the CS just spontaneously exploded... like... the entire states... just exploded. There is now a huge hole in the Earth where the CS territory was, exactly on the state lines... well maybe one little pillar still standing... that can be Kingsdale.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

I would beat the CS military by using the combined forces of the New Navy, Japan, and Australia.
The reason being that Japan and Australia have the manufacturing power to be able to help upgrade the New Navy and supply equipment to troops. I would also secure a non-agression pact w/ Northern Gun as they are one of the largest tech manufacturers in NA next to the Coalition.
Using the forces I described I would first secure the American West coast for joint colonial purposes as well as extra resources. This allows me the beachhead I need to work on securing everything else West of the Rockies (Yes this includes bringing in the Indian enclaves) I would also allow D-bees into our forces on a case by case basis (starting w/the more humanoid ones then adding the others as time goes on) as well as securing the abilities of rogue Dog Boys and other Mutant animals to further help secure our ranks. I'd do this by offering them FULL citizenship and land of their own to settle and live on.
I would also make a point of securing any examples of CS tech that I can so I can adapt it to my use as well as being willing to purchase Naruni gear too (I would be having my best Psi-techs working on copying that stuff w/out disassembling it, if possible).
With the forces of the New Navy I can secure the coastal and inland waterways from the CS thus making them strictly land bound. Then w/a large force of humans, D-bees, mutants, etc. (many using new power armor designs from Japan, Australia and Northern Gun) I can fight the CS ground forces on more equal (if not superior) footing.
Last edited by keir451 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Personallyt I think a combined force of The New Navy, Northern Gun/Manistique Imperium, Merc town, Lazlo, MAYBE Quebec if they decded it better to fight along side the enemy you know and can bid farewell after you are done than the sleeping viper that is the CS, and GAW could be enough tto take the CS. Triax would likely side against the CS in such aw ar since the CS is very much something that may Remind the Germansof a history they really prefer not to remeber but have to deal with them for thier own survival for the time being.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Number one on my list is Impervious to Energy. While the CS has plenty of railguns, grenades and missiles, their primary weapon in most cases is an energy weapon. Just using this spell would drop the CS' offensive output by half to three-quarters.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Mallak's Place
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mallak's Place »

With a stick while they were sleeping.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

I'd show them that their resources can't support their troops, and that their troops have, in fact, been reduced to cannibalism in many instances (both in terms of personnel and equipment).
Especially the plattoon that actually survived in the Hivelands under Holmes' command.
Canon be damned when it comes to the CS, or any other nation/ group just completely getting script immunity.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Mack wrote:

Please clarify what you're asking for. "The CS military" is open to a lot of interpretation.
--Beat a Battalion?
--Defeat all of the CS?

Easy answer ..

What ever they throw at you ..
MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

Lenwen wrote:Easy answer ..

No, that's an easy cop out.

Defeating a CS squad is VERY different than defeating a CS Army, or the entire CS as an organization.

CS Squad: Draw them into an ambush by using their very predictable hatred of magic using D-bees, and use a combination of carpet of Adhesion and heavy weapons and explosives to take them out. Make sure the bait has the ability to teleport out, and make sure that if they have a nullifier, he/she is the first taken out - by the use of heavy weapons, not magic.

CS Army: Draw them into a conflict in an area that is rich enough in PPE to open a Rift, and using a variety of magic and psionics, force them into an open rift to somewhere inhospitable. Some may escape, but if its done right, you can manage it with acceptable losses. Keeping your rift openers safe is going to be a task though.

Entire CS: Conduct a media war with high powered transmitters, using magic to relocate them when they are discovered. The media war should target the younger prozek, and not the older one, and make him look like a hooligan pretending at his father's greatness. Start fabricating (and uncovering) enough stuff that even the elder prozek begins to wonder - despite the fact that he knows better. Also, find and expose as many of Lone Star's dirty secrets as possible. Public opinion will bring it down. Basically out master, the masters of public opinion.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
johnkretzer
Adventurer
Comment: Power gaming in Rifts is NOT hard or challenging. If you want to impress people with you power gaming skills try Toon

Unread post by johnkretzer »

From with in....the high command wopuld be very easy to corrupt....and the lower elchaons would be very easy to rally.
Fyrpower
Explorer

Unread post by Fyrpower »

Propaganda. just like they are doing with magic users and d-bees. Fight fire with fire etc. Having some super duper communications and broadcasting equipment, possibly some experimental pre-rifts broadcasting technology would help things a bit (I bet Archie-3 would have a few tricks up his sleeve like that if you could find him, not get killed and persuade him).
"Arrogance is a poor man's confidence"

"Only when I lose myself with someone else, that I find I myself"

"You eat to live, not live to eat!"
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

1. Kidnap several Coalition Soldiers on patrol, some time in the winter.
  2. Render them all unconscious.
  3. Infect them with the Contagion Entity from Rifts: Madhaven while they're unconscious, don't know what I'm doing, and can't save vs. magic as readily.
  4. Make a Ransom Demand known to the Coalition States, then "make foolish mistakes" and leave behind clues that will allow the CS Army to find out where we've 'hidden' them.
  5. Allow them to be found, rescued, and returned to the Coalition States in that small window of days before their incubation period is over and their symptoms become noticeable.
  6. Sit back and watch as what will normally be mistaken for normal, winter colds becomes something much, much, much worse before anybody catches on....inside a sealed city.
  7. Lather, rinse, and repeat multiple times with different 'unconscious infection' scenarios across multiple CS States -the Contagion Entity, itself, will be only too HAPPY to cooperate with me as I lay out the plan for wholesale death and destruction. (Nobody's fool, I will also inoculate myself beforehand by physical and magical means. Yes, I'm going to imprison him for an extended period of time, and eventually kill him after his magical Plague has run its course to my satisfaction...but he doesn't know that :twisted: .)

By the way: Will my Palladium alignment change from :angel: to :twisted: if I pull this plan off?
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

With doughnuts! No seriously. Start giving the younger generation free video games and junk food and by the time the can join the military, there will be less healthy recruits that can pass muster. Eventually, this will wear down the CS War Machine and make it weak from the inside. What do you guys think?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Mack
Supreme Being

Unread post by Mack »

TOPIC MODERATED. Non-Rifts posts removed.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

With the D-Bee equivalent to Minmei and a large sound system.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Here is the way(and Tolkeen SHOULD have done this-if they had, Tokeen would have won):
Step 1) LOTS and LOTS of Mages-especially Shifters-spread out to loosely surround the CS regions just before a Solstice or Equonox.
Step 2) Calling up ALL the Power they can, Ritual Cast "Dimension Portal" to Rift away the whole CS.
Step 3) Mop-up any long range patrols/strike teams that were outside the area of effect.
Step 4) Party!
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Can do it in two steps.

1. Collect large sum of money.
2. Bribe Kevin to have them defeated in next worldbook. :P

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Shawn Merrow wrote:Can do it in two steps.

Genius.
:-D
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Shawn Merrow wrote:Can do it in two steps.

*fight bell rings* "We have a WINNER!!!"
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

RGG wrote:The CS are really just Nazi clones.... That being said a world alliance could be the best route. Reference to world war histories might be a clue on how to do this in a game setting.... Not sure if supporting aliens to stand against humans is the best answer though.... traitors to your own species for equality of mutants and aliens.

Another weird concept.

I sort of posted something akin to an alliance of nations of sorts earlier in the thread.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Can you kill them with kindness? :shock:
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

SkyeFyre wrote:As a GM... simple... I wave my hand and tell my players the CS just spontaneously exploded... like... the entire states... just exploded. There is now a huge hole in the Earth where the CS territory was, exactly on the state lines... well maybe one little pillar still standing... that can be Kingsdale.

Got one better. I tell my players that even though Tolkeen was destroyed the CS was crippled and all of there propaganda saying they are fine is just like the Iraq PR guy saying that America is not in the country and are not currently breaching all of their defenses and are not taking Bagdad.

Yeah well the way you beat the CS is march in with your 100 person unit and take it and don't forget to wave at the camera behind Joseph Prosek II as he's telling everyone that the CS is still standing strong.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
SkyeFyre wrote:As a GM... simple... I wave my hand and tell my players the CS just spontaneously exploded... like... the entire states... just exploded. There is now a huge hole in the Earth where the CS territory was, exactly on the state lines... well maybe one little pillar still standing... that can be Kingsdale.

Got one better. I tell my players that even though Tolkeen was destroyed the CS was crippled and all of there propaganda saying they are fine is just like the Iraq PR guy saying that America is not in the country and are not currently breaching all of their defenses and are not taking Bagdad.

Yeah well the way you beat the CS is march in with your 100 person unit and take it and don't forget to wave at the camera behind Joseph Prosek II as he's telling everyone that the CS is still standing strong.

no, i kinda like skyefyre's method. it has an element of "ok, this absurdity has gone on long enough and now the megaverse itself is turning on the coalition states as punishment for abusing reality". like, for example, coming out of the war with more fully trained soldiers than it went in with. or having 3 *million* suits of SAMAS armor in storage from out of nowhere. or suddenly, without *anyone* around suspecting anything at all, developing an entire new set of equipment for every role in the army. sooner or later, the megaverse just says "nope, this is getting too stupid" and just removes the offending portion of itself from existence. not just rifted away, mind you, but rendered nonexistent.
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

back in the early days of these boards, before CWC and its ilk of books came out. it was generally thought that an alliance between Lazlo, NG and MI would be able to defeat CS. Lazlo being the fulcrum - any other two rifts N.A. nations allied to Lazlo would be able to defeat CS. NG and MI were assumed to be Lazlo's best/natural allies

SOT books mean that CS "aura of invincibility" established by CWC and its sister books has been erased and with the CS civil war a possibility as some on these boards have stated during/after SOT books came out, then the CS are already finished as they presently are in the books

CS states is already splitting - FQ leaving but the CS can't be beat mentality has meant that it was brought back under Emp Prosek's hands. Our group has assumed that without FQ - CS can't defeat lazlo

LS is supposed to be wanting to go its own way and its locale from Chi-town means, even if it doesn't go its own way, CS enemies may well be able to cut it off from Chi-town.

On these boards many people stated that without LS - CS tech falls back by 15/20 years

New Kenora wants a piece of Iron Heart, and by know should have made a move against IH (IMO) - whether it would be able to do anything against IH isn't that important, but its actions may well keep IH from fully helping Chitown if emp prosek needs assistance............
Last edited by DBX on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
dragonfett
Knight

That is cruel and unusual, I like it!
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Couldn't you just go with the Cerebral bore from Turok 2? It kills them instantly by making their heads explode.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Anthar wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

I know Kung Fu.

Whoa... :shock:

:lol:
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Mack
Supreme Being

Unread post by Mack »

Lenwen wrote:
Mack wrote:

--Beat a Battalion?
--Defeat all of the CS?

Easy answer ..

In that case, the CS is defended by a single, malfunctioning Skelebot.

I distract it with a titanium cookie.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Oh, that's easy.

Step 1) Collect underpants

Step 2) ????????????????

Step 3) Profit!!! (i.e., CS now defeated) :P
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

Really any engagement against the CS that has even a remote chance of success is going to be magical in nature. That being said, I have a feeling you'd need just about every anti-cs, and neutral-cs power from Ohio to Quebec to destroy them and you're looking at a long, bloody war.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I would beat the CS military by making them want to quit or not fight me at all. Isn't that essentially what Free Quebec did? That's all beating is; getting what you want by making the enemy not want to fight, or not want to fight anymore.

A more interesting question would be, how would you seek to protect humanity under the CS without sacrificing humanity under the CS?
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
dragonfett
Knight

Ooohhh, a trick question!
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

Hotrod wrote:I would beat the CS military by making them want to quit or not fight me at all. Isn't that essentially what Free Quebec did? That's all beating is; getting what you want by making the enemy not want to fight, or not want to fight anymore.

I destroy my enemy when I make him my friend.
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
Johnathan
Adventurer

Unread post by Johnathan »

Simple: Go back in time to the very beginnings of the CS and shoot the ancestors of some of the great movers and shakers in the heads. Good bye Prosek family, Generals and Desmond Bradford. :3
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

I would defeat the CS by not using magic. The CS is used to fighting a magical/psionic/supernatural foe and have made their TTP's to reflect that. Fight them using technology and guerrilla warfare. Before firing the first shot, begin a campaign in the area your're fighting them to demonize the CS. Your men will be less likely to hesitate under fire if they're killing a monster instead of someone's son or daughter. At the same time, you need to have a solid network of logistics. You need beans, bullets, and band aids coming in from multiple sources if you're going to wage this campaign.

Keep the CS on their bases. Control everything "outside the wire." Logistically, you need to let the CS military support your army. Focus your military campaign on raids of CS supply lines and random attacks. CS equipment (and unexploded ordnance) can be used against the CS. Be paitent and don't let the CS choose where you want to fight; moreover, don't commit to a stand and fight battle. David didn't kill Goliath by squaring off and challenging him to a boxing match. Hit and run in ideal terrain...Basically what I'm saying is follow the principles of the Viet Cong, Mujahadeen, Provisional IRA, etc.
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
dragonfett
Knight

What does TTP mean?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

dragonfett wrote:What does TTP mean?

Tactics, Techniques & Procedures

or

Training, Tactics & Procedures
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

I've stayed outta this discussion fer a while now cuz I figured someone woulda said something so stupendiously awsome an answer that people woulda stopped posting, but cool beans it's still alive.

Answer: Create a weaker Variant version of the "Annihilation" spell...
One w/o the ultra powerful sheild and arch the Anti-Protons fly.
CS is beat in groovy Plank-Time... Yeah baby! Yeah.

Option two, pull a Californication move and convince the CS to legalize pot... In five to ten years they'll have moved on to legalizing harder drugs so as to get a better fix, drug cartels will own the Joint (pun)... Then the CS will be so high that they'll sell their collective souls for the next better high which will come in the form of 'Magical Peyote' which is sold Only by the Native Americans who, in an Ironic twist of fate, then trade them the junk fer "Mystical" hippy beads and the deeds to their lands.

Option three: Pose as a New even more Right-wing thinker than Prosek, get elected based on Proseks damaging of the economy with a questionable amount of the vote, set it up so that some Lazlin Terrorists fly some Nuke filled explosive wing-boards into two of the Missouri Arcos taking them down and thus starting a war with those Erin Tarn dorks, Convince the peeps to go to war on two fronts with the FoM because they're an equal threat, spend all of the budget on the war and ignor issues at home. Destroy the CS's moral structure by claiming to be it's staunchest supporter of it all the while over doing it with those morals far to often by enforcing 'Purity Laws' which gets the ever more hardliner rightwingers to think what I'm doing is cool. At the same time help support the selfrightious leftists in the CS that "Only they can fix things" by being arm chair protestors and b!tching all day every day about how bad a job I'm doing.

Then when the economy Tanks, I will lose in a re-election against my own secretly created, Genetically augmented ½Human ½D-bee Superhuman hybreed whos father was from Lazlo and that is a limited vocabulary apologest who talks allot and brings little to debates other than chessy one liners like "It's time for Newness to the CS of America" and "Yes we should". He'll run on a platform of "Newness" and awe the easily pleased Low IQ & ME masses of people I wheel into town halls with his Divine Aura Super power that I gave him.
And since he's only ½Human he'll be seen in a sympathetic light by other nations since all humans are, of course, evil... or so says the ever growing lib-movement in the CS and lazlo...
He'll make dozens of rediculous promises that he could possibly keep but the people will love him cuz he's "Not that Other guy"-(AKA he's not me).
Once elected he'll "Barrow" a trillion credits from Atlantis who, of course will Never secretly ask for anything back in return other than Just the money. He'll get awards from Lazlo and the NGR for bringing "Newness" and betterment to all peoples of the world in Just his first months in office, even though he's not done anything along those lines. He'll speek of bridging gaps yet do things which he knows will get those on the 'Otherside' of issues pissed, just so as to look the nice guy, which will bring class wars to an all time high. In 20years he'll be running the planet and the CS will be left for dead since he never Really made true lasting fixes to it's economy, And all the while I will control him from behind the sceens.
KILL TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE...
Destroy the CS And become defacto leader of the earth.
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

Steeler49er wrote:

I've stayed outta this discussion fer a while now cuz I figured someone woulda said something so stupendiously awsome an answer that people woulda stopped posting, but cool beans it's still alive.

Answer: Create a weaker Variant version of the "Annihilation" spell...
One w/o the ultra powerful sheild and arch the Anti-Protons fly.
CS is beat in groovy Plank-Time... Yeah baby! Yeah.

Option two, pull a Californication move and convince the CS to legalize pot... In five to ten years they'll have moved on to legalizing harder drugs so as to get a better fix, drug cartels will own the Joint (pun)... Then the CS will be so high that they'll sell their collective souls for the next better high which will come in the form of 'Magical Peyote' which is sold Only by the Native Americans who, in an Ironic twist of fate, then trade them the junk fer "Mystical" hippy beads and the deeds to their lands.

Option three: Pose as a New even more Right-wing thinker than Prosek, get elected based on Proseks damaging of the economy with a questionable amount of the vote, set it up so that some Lazlin Terrorists fly some Nuke filled explosive wing-boards into two of the Missouri Arcos taking them down and thus starting a war with those Erin Tarn dorks, Convince the peeps to go to war on two fronts with the FoM because they're an equal threat, spend all of the budget on the war and ignor issues at home. Destroy the CS's moral structure by claiming to be it's staunchest supporter of it all the while over doing it with those morals far to often by enforcing 'Purity Laws' which gets the ever more hardliner rightwingers to think what I'm doing is cool. At the same time help support the selfrightious leftists in the CS that "Only they can fix things" by being arm chair protestors and b!tching all day every day about how bad a job I'm doing.

Then when the economy Tanks, I will lose in a re-election against my own secretly created, Genetically augmented ½Human ½D-bee Superhuman hybreed whos father was from Lazlo and that is a limited vocabulary apologest who talks allot and brings little to debates other than chessy one liners like "It's time for Newness to the CS of America" and "Yes we should". He'll run on a platform of "Newness" and awe the easily pleased Low IQ & ME masses of people I wheel into town halls with his Divine Aura Super power that I gave him.
And since he's only ½Human he'll be seen in a sympathetic light by other nations since all humans are, of course, evil... or so says the ever growing lib-movement in the CS and lazlo...
He'll make dozens of rediculous promises that he could possibly keep but the people will love him cuz he's "Not that Other guy"-(AKA he's not me).
Once elected he'll "Barrow" a trillion credits from Atlantis who, of course will Never secretly ask for anything back in return other than Just the money. He'll get awards from Lazlo and the NGR for bringing "Newness" and betterment to all peoples of the world in Just his first months in office, even though he's not done anything along those lines. He'll speek of bridging gaps yet do things which he knows will get those on the 'Otherside' of issues pissed, just so as to look the nice guy, which will bring class wars to an all time high. In 20years he'll be running the planet and the CS will be left for dead since he never Really made true lasting fixes to it's economy, And all the while I will control him from behind the sceens.
KILL TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE...
Destroy the CS And become defacto leader of the earth.

That last option seems kind of...you into conspiracy theories much?
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Aaryq wrote:.....Basically what I'm saying is follow the principles of the Viet Cong, Mujahadeen, Provisional IRA, etc.

You forgot the Taliban and Al-Qaeda.

Lets just hope the politicians who run the CS are afraid of the political ramifications that go along with the whole sale slaughter of the civilian populace that the guerrilla use to hide behind. Further more if the CS simple executes every insurgent they catch...well you'd run out of people stupid enough to join 'the cause'.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

Ditch CS favoring handwavium and play them like the idiots they are.
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Aaryq wrote:That last option seems kind of...you into conspiracy theories much?
Heh heh heh...

Gotcha!

As to conspiracy theorys, I believe no more so than other wisened soul. A theory (no matter How great, realistic sounding, or even factually based) is still just a theory. This is one of thousands I've seen played out but, I'd be a complete Fool to state a complete falsehood that Conspiracies do not happen or take place, since I'm not one to believe blindly in my fellow humans. Especially when science and thousands of years of human history screams that it is, in fact according to biology and all known physics, impossible for conspiracies to not exist. I do not foolishly assume that humans are ever trust worthy simply because they tell you that they are, especially considering that it would never be in their best biological or phylosophical reason to be so.
"Son, A wise king considers all of his options, and then makes his choice (Even if he never intend to act on them)"-Macbeth

It should be pointed out that calling something that someone says "a conspiracy theory" is these days equivalent to baseless dismissiviseness. So I never rule-out such logical possibilities simply because such consepts may make others feel "uncomfortable" or "scared" and is playing to someones phobia of the moniker "conspiracy theorist"...

Still, what I posted above was pure political sarcasm and should NOT be taken as real, as should be noted by how Ridiculously long and inefficient an idea it is... :P

Now the First idea about anti-matter, now THAT has some good merit and is the Real rout that I would suggest taking. The CS is simply put, too dangerious and needs to be put down. More over they are Not the best hope for humanity. Look historically at all of the stuff the US has gone thru with slavery and land ownership in regards to natives. The US was by no means the worst country (or even close) to exist or have existed and yet because of those events and ones like them, whites in the US will never be seen in a good light, regardless of how much they choose to prostrate themselves by bending over forwards of other races. Even though whites of today are not their ancestors they'll Never be forgiven for the sin of their forefathers by other races...
I short, no matter what whites do (short of sucking ****) they'll always be the white devil. MLK's dream is simply not possible for that reason.

NOW, imagine what the human descendants of the CS would have to go through 200 years from now knowing what their forefathers did. Nazi-Germany and the Old USA have nothing on that kind of history. That is so evil that is on the level of communists nations and groups like the former USSR, China, Sendero Luminoso, or the Khmer Rouge have done. Those children will have the blood of hundreds of millions on their hands for their anscestors crimes.

That is why I sided with Tolkeen in the books and now that they are gone, the New Navy is likely the next best hope for humanity.
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Aaryq wrote:I would defeat the CS by not using magic. The CS is used to fighting a magical/psionic/supernatural foe and have made their TTP's to reflect that. Fight them using technology and guerrilla warfare. Before firing the first shot, begin a campaign in the area your're fighting them to demonize the CS. Your men will be less likely to hesitate under fire if they're killing a monster instead of someone's son or daughter. At the same time, you need to have a solid network of logistics. You need beans, bullets, and band aids coming in from multiple sources if you're going to wage this campaign.

Keep the CS on their bases. Control everything "outside the wire." Logistically, you need to let the CS military support your army. Focus your military campaign on raids of CS supply lines and random attacks. CS equipment (and unexploded ordnance) can be used against the CS. Be paitent and don't let the CS choose where you want to fight; moreover, don't commit to a stand and fight battle. David didn't kill Goliath by squaring off and challenging him to a boxing match. Hit and run in ideal terrain...Basically what I'm saying is follow the principles of the Viet Cong, Mujahadeen, Provisional IRA, etc.
There's one BIG problem with guerrilla warfare:

MOST NATIONS IN HISTORY (REAL AND RIFTS EARTH) HAVE BEEN TYPICALLY HESITANT TO USE FULL KILLING FORCE ON THE INSURGENCY.
THE COALITION DOESN'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM.

That's why even the insane Dunscon doesn't (yet) try to do more than what he is now, and those attacks aren't effective by any stretch of the imagination.

Please note that for any nation willing to do so, Indiscriminate Mass Killing DOES work as a counterinsurgency tool -it makes any would-be confederates of the guerrilla forces more afraid of crossing you than working with them. The country in question simply has to have the will -and firepower -to carry out such an act.

Anybody here think that the CS doesn't have the stones to kill 100,000 people or more for every casualty it suffers in a sufficiently massive terrorist attack?
(NOTE: We haven't even taken the Golden Age City Killer Nukes into the equation -hurt the CS badly enough, and it WILL simply obliterate everyone in your home state and worry about problems with fallout later.)
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Simple; remove their script immunity.
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound

Return to “Rifts®”