Wolfen: Natural AR or not?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Wolfen: Natural AR or not?

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

that's a good question, i've looked through the books as well, even my first ed. book and they have no AR their either. as far as I can tell, the Only place they have AR is in M&A book. I think it's just one of many oversights made in the Palladium books. so all I can say is use what works best for your game, that or PM Kev and ask him which it should be. lol can't get much more final than that! :D
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Go with whatever you think makes the most sense.

I'd tend to rule out the M&A bit as a typo or something, though, since it's the only one that goes that direction, and (IIRC) some of the other descriptions are newer.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

we may have "newer" desciptions, but as we all know.. Palladium are masters at the cut & paste for their books.
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

As with most questions here, the best answer is use "Use whatever works for you and your group".
Personally, I could see letting Wolfen have a NAR of 6. Either that, or let your players have a choice between either the higher NAR or the +20 SDC bonus Wolfen get. Or whatever else you want to do with it. Overall it really isn't too big an issue in my mind cause a NAR of 4 vs a NAR of 6 is no real huge advantage. This, of course, is where all the number crunchers are probably going to chime in with their whole analysis of a NAR of 4 having only a 20% chance of taking damage from any strike while the NAR of 6 gets a whopping 30% chance of taking no damage and rant at how huge a 10% difference between the two is, thus allowing the Wolfen race to have yet another totally unfair advantage over all the lowly humans. :puke:
Like I said dude, if you and the other players and GM's agree that it makes sense and is acceptable, go with it. Otherwise, ignore it. Remember the first rule of the game; There are no rules, only guidelines.
Good luck and great gaming!
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”