Which do you find more difficult?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jedrious
Adventurer

Re: Which do you find more difficult?

Unread post by Jedrious »

Daniel2112 wrote:Which do you find more difficult, properly role-playing an I.Q. of 20+ or an M.A. of 20+? Both should be fiendishly difficult, I think, as they're really quite rare in real life.

I actually find it more challenging to roleplay at 12-
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

I don't generally have trouble with either (had a GM once praise my running a character with Reed Richards level genius), once in character I can manage both just fine.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

MA is harder. Playing Smart is easier than playing an effective communicator.
Poocho
Wanderer

Unread post by Poocho »

I always tend to find playing dumb or socially inept characters difficult. It's hard when you can figure things out while your character has to keep a blank stare, and then when you want to point things out to your team mates but can't...that can be hard. Also, when your character isn't good with people and you have to be rude, or mumble, or stutter, or whatever when your dealing with a certain person is mission critical. Taking a dive for the sake of staying in character can be tough.

On the other hand, playing a character who's smarter than I am can be a feat when I'm often tired and trying to stay alert through the session. Then trying to act as charming and eloquent as your character can be tough when I'm not much of a Lando Calrissian in real life. :) Usually I just have to ham it up and laugh along with my friends.
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Interpersonal interaction has quite a bit of non-verbal components. A gesture, a look, a touch would be important to someone with a high MA . . . Its something that is much more difficult to portray in a roleplaying game
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

I have a very high IQ, doesn't mean I don't do stupid stuff.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Probably the M.A. I have experience being relatively intelligent (though by no means am I always so), but there's a huge difference between being affable and oozing charm like someone with an M.A. attribute of 20+ would. That said, I've been told I do at least a halfway decent job... it's just more difficult.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”