Bards Talk Inn.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Bards Talk Inn.

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Bards Talk...Is it just the idle tongue wagging of minstrels or is it the truth? Only your GM knows for sure.

I present to you, Bard Talk...A place to post a bunch of random game hooks that could be real or invented.
Last edited by pblackcrow on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Re: Bards Talk Inn.

"Did you here about the good Baron? He's celebrating his 85th birthday tomorrow...it's going to be a big party in the center of town. Simply everyone is going to be there to celebrate the good he has done for us over the years."
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

I've heard that the Baron went on many adventures in his youth and found a great many tresures. one such tresure i've heard he keeps locked in his keep is a Rune Book.. whatever you write in it.... comes True!
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from this tropic port
Aboard this tiny ship...
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

Eryk Stormbright wrote:I've heard that the Baron went on many adventures in his youth and found a great many tresures. one such tresure i've heard he keeps locked in his keep is a Rune Book.. whatever you write in it.... comes True!

"Rubbish! Who ever heard of a book doing something like that? Pure and utter hogwash!" *pauses a moment to take a long drink of ale* "Though you know, it might explain why he's been in power for so long... and why it's been so peaceful during his time. Makes me wonder what all he might have written in there himself..." thoughtfully rubs my chin "I wouldn't miond sneakin' a peek at what the ol' Baron's creative writing skills have done for us"
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Unread post by Blindscout »

pblackcrow wrote:Bards Talk...Is it just the ideal tongue wagging of menstrual or is it the truth? Only your GM knows for sure.

I present to you, Bard Talk...A place to post a bunch of random game hooks that could be real or invented.

I do not think this word means what you think it means. :lol:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/menstrual

Oh gods, the ideal tongue wagging of menstrual.........
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!
pblackcrow
Champion

Blindscout wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:Bards Talk...Is it just the ideal tongue wagging of menstrual or is it the truth? Only your GM knows for sure.

Finally, someone caught the play on words. Did it to see how long it would take. Okay, it's edited.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Blindscout
Adventurer

pblackcrow wrote:
Blindscout wrote:

Finally, someone caught the play on words. Did it to see how long it would take. Okay, it's edited.

Well I owe my thanks. I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair! :lol:
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

pblackcrow
Champion

"Anyway...Have any of you heard the latest on the kings condition? WHAT, DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVEN'T HEARD? He went pegasus jumping and either forgot to have his court alchemist recharge his talisman or he lost it during the fall?...I have heard both accounts. Luckily for him, he landed in the river."
Ankh, udja, seneb.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Lucky for him indeed! *laughs heartilly before looking around with a conspirtorial grin* I wonder how bad his injuries were.....
pblackcrow
Champion

JuliusCreed wrote:Lucky for him indeed! *laughs heartilly before looking around with a conspirtorial grin* I wonder how bad his injuries were.....

"I wouldn't be asking if I knew that, now would I?"
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Blindscout
Adventurer

Well, take in mind that I heard this from the friend of friend, but apparently the queen won't be "happy" for quite a while due to the injuries the king sustained. Terrible, just terrible *sad shaking of head*

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Overheard at another table...

"I had it, I actually had it in my hands, right there in my palms. Then a huge light appeared over my shoulders and I stood surrounded by militia all under his command. Well I did my time and now it's payback. Lansten Valorious is here; in town....and he has the Tristinium with him! Meet me at the southern moathouse at midnight and we'll discus the plan."
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Blindscout
Adventurer

Revan wrote:Well, it could be worse, as id rather be damaged and fixable then to lose such a valuable set of jewels. *takes a swig of Ale* Any idea if this is going to effect his party tomorrow?

I have heard that the dancing in the ballroom has been changed to a Troupe of Tumblers putting on a show, and apparently these tumblers have been trying to get work in the palace for quite some time........

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

A group of men, drinking and talking loudly, sit in the middle of the bar. They mostly keep to themselves, except when one of the young serving girls comes near them. Then they all decide to put their hands on her and harass her, but she's used to it.

After receiving their latest round of drinks, one of them starts talking loudly enough for you to hear.

I'm not sure why it's happening. Whole damned shoreline is getting torn up thanks to the rising water. Fishing's gone bad, and the beach is so gritty and rocky now you can't even dig for crabs and clams. Even boats are avoiding the cove. Weather's getting worse there too. Not sure why, but it seems only the cove and its surrounding caves are being affected...
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Blindscout wrote:
Revan wrote:Well, it could be worse, as id rather be damaged and fixable then to lose such a valuable set of jewels. *takes a swig of Ale* Any idea if this is going to effect his party tomorrow?

I have heard that the dancing in the ballroom has been changed to a Troupe of Tumblers putting on a show, and apparently these tumblers have been trying to get work in the palace for quite some time........

Aye, and the music for interludes has been changed to a bard telling a 10 part story... What was his name again, someone quite famous i hear...
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
pblackcrow
Champion

zyanitevp wrote:
Blindscout wrote:

Aye, and the music for interludes has been changed to a bard telling a 10 part story... What was his name again, someone quite famous i hear...

"If memory serves, it's called "The Masked Falcon", the story of a nobleman who earned the title adventuring and got tired of palace life, so he took it upon himself to help hunt down the criminals that were running amok in his land. And one of the knight told me it wasn't the jewels, but he landed on the water leg first, in a split, and that yanked the muscles in the groin. On the upside, the queen I hear is trained in massage. This would probably account for there being a shortage of mint at the market. But, who knows if this is true or not."
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Severus Snape
Hero

Revan wrote:"Aye, who knows truly. But what is this i've heard tell of Orcs being sighted on the kingdoms boarders? We have not seen an orc in these parts in over 200 years since that once great ruler King....what was his name again?"

"Orcs? The rumors I've heard say it's the eastern warlocks, getting ready for something. Dantel thinks they're gearing up for some war between themselves, but my gut tells me they want a bigger piece of land than what they've got..."
Blindscout
Adventurer

I've heard that it is Orcs as well, and not just Orcs, but there are Ogres and Trolls on the march with them......

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

zyanitevp
Champion

zyanitevp wrote:
Blindscout wrote:

Ah yes, the bard's name is Jase Wendryn... and I have heard that the orcs are led by a dark mage...
My Twitter
Image Image
Severus Snape
Hero

Blindscout wrote:I've heard that it is Orcs as well, and not just Orcs, but there are Ogres and Trolls on the march with them......

It's all a game, you see. They are spreading misinformation to throw us off from the real enemy. Who that is, I don't know. But I've heard they make camp near the Old City Ruins...
pblackcrow
Champion

Revan wrote:"Aye, who knows truly. But what is this i've heard tell of Orcs being sighted on the kingdoms boarders? We have not seen an orc in these parts in over 200 years since that once great ruler King....what was his name again?"

"You mean the elven the Magus-Queen Kalean and the 9 knight-lords of Raf-Chalon: Xaro, Calu, Shadow, Kelontro, Gaerith, Zyson, Fino, Kel, and Rowit and the proud men that they commanded...not the blackguard human king that had the historians make out a different history and took credit for it! I was there!" takes a moment to compose himself "Forgive me...you simply struck an old wound, as it were."

"As for the orcs, ogres, and trolls from the Old Kingdom; I dare say that it's about bloody time they attacked. Think about it...Have you ever been to the old kingdom? Well, I have; three months ago...Their farms are all but gone from years of being over used. While we get to enjoy a large deposit of silt from the river plus the benefits of the warlocks in the Tri-Arcanum. So, now is the time to either do for others or do with out. Start off by restoring the farm lands. 30 elementals and about 30 days would be all it would take to do it. That is what I hear the Tri-Arcanum have been discussing. That and doing the same to the Highback Plains."
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

"Well, what did you think of the Baron's Festival in comparison to the kings, uh, celebration? Also, did any of you hear that the lighthouse attendants to lighthouse, east of the forest of Helm's Keep (that is the one northeast of wisdom) were all found dead?"
Ankh, udja, seneb.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

The way I hear it about them orcs... and mind you this is just a rumor... but I hear the Wolfen are behind it. Someone heard the Empire sent a couple ships full of military advisors, emissaries and gold to the shores of the Old Kingdom to convince the hordes here to start marching on the borders of the Eastern Territory to give them a second front to fight on in the wars. Divide and conquer with an already established "army" of orcs, ogres and trolls, sandwich the Territories between the orcs from the east and the Empire from the north and crush the Humans between them.
Damn brilliant maneuver... if it's true, that is....
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

Smashed wrote:"Thanks for the drink, so you lot are looking for some work, well have you heard about the bounty that the Baron of West Eastdale has placed on the Orcs in the Letalim Canyon? No, well he's paying 20 gold per pair of orcish hands you can muster, and get this, 500 gold for every live orcish maiden from Letalim Canyon"

*sputters and coughs a bit in surprise, nearly spilling the rest of my ale* 500 gold a head for Orcish maidens?! What kind of sick thing is he planning with them?
tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tmikesecrist3 »

JuliusCreed wrote:
Smashed wrote:"Thanks for the drink, so you lot are looking for some work, well have you heard about the bounty that the Baron of West Eastdale has placed on the Orcs in the Letalim Canyon? No, well he's paying 20 gold per pair of orcish hands you can muster, and get this, 500 gold for every live orcish maiden from Letalim Canyon"

*sputters and coughs a bit in surprise, nearly spilling the rest of my ale* 500 gold a head for Orcish maidens?! What kind of sick thing is he planning with them?

/me blinks!

I really DON'T want to know....... Honest I don't!
"Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."
The charge of the light Brigade, By Alfred, Lord Tennyson
pblackcrow
Champion

Possibly to try to start restocking his slave population. I heard a while back that most of the orcish slaves there died of an odd sickness over the winter. They called it the great bluuck.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
zyanitevp
Champion

I have heard that the orcs are led by a tall orc, 13 feet tall, or was that a tall orc from something 13th?
My Twitter
Image Image
pblackcrow
Champion

"Has anyone here hear of the rumors about the Black Unicorn Inn in the small town of Gilliua being the headquarters of a major thieves guild? :lol: Seams like bosh to me. Have you seen the size of that Inn? It is way too small. And the people there nice. Mind you, not quite as nice as this place, however I refuse to believe that there could ever be a sizable thieves guild there."
Ankh, udja, seneb.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

pblackcrow wrote:"Has anyone here hear of the rumors about the Black Unicorn Inn in the small town of Gilliua being the headquarters of a major thieves guild? :lol: Seams like bosh to me. Have you seen the size of that Inn? It is way too small. And the people there nice. Mind you, not quite as nice as this place, however I refuse to believe that there could ever be a sizable thieves guild there."

You think so? heh. Try walking up to the bartender wearing a bright yellow scarf and asking for a bottle of Three Sheets rum. You'll find a nice little surprise glued to the bottom of the bottle in the form of a key to the apparantly never vacant Room #2 in the back. A trap door there leads to the sewers where the guild is really hiding. Just be prepared to know the right passwords, the bartender sure as Hades doesn't.
pblackcrow
Champion

JuliusCreed wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:"Has anyone here hear of the rumors about the Black Unicorn Inn in the small town of Gilliua being the headquarters of a major thieves guild? :lol: Seams like bosh to me. Have you seen the size of that Inn? It is way too small. And the people there nice. Mind you, not quite as nice as this place, however I refuse to believe that there could ever be a sizable thieves guild there."

You think so? heh. Try walking up to the bartender wearing a bright yellow scarf and asking for a bottle of Three Sheets rum. You'll find a nice little surprise glued to the bottom of the bottle in the form of a key to the apparantly never vacant Room #2 in the back. A trap door there leads to the sewers where the guild is really hiding. Just be prepared to know the right passwords, the bartender sure as Hades doesn't.

"Well, if I were to ever where a bright yellow scarf, and ask a bartender for three sheets of rum; I would expect something else to happen to me...now wouldn't I? :-)"
Ankh, udja, seneb.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.

pblackcrow wrote:
JuliusCreed wrote:

"Well, if I were to ever where a bright yellow scarf, and ask a bartender for three sheets of rum; I would expect something else to happen to me...now wouldn't I? :-)"

*lifts my tankard with a grin* Aye lad, but ye may just enjoy that a bit too much I think.
pblackcrow
Champion

:lol: "Well now, that is for me to know and you to dream about. Cheers Mate."
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”