Manga, Normal or, More

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

To Manga or Not to Manga, that is the question

Poll ended at Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:21 pm

Manga - keep it this format!!!
7%
Normal Size Me Please! - yeah it should have been this way!
75%
Manga for New Gen and Compilation of Macross, Masters and New Gen after the limited New Gen Manga run.
18%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 28

Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Manga, Normal or, More

Unread post by Tiree »

This is a basic poll for the new books. Basic set of Manga, Normal, Compilation, and other (explain)
Last edited by Tiree on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiree
Champion

Re: Manga, Normal or, More

Unread post by Tiree »

I'm of the opinion to keep it Manga but put out a small print run. Get the typos and mistakes cleared out. Then come back with a huge compilation of all three eras minus TSC material.

Leaving 4 Manga books and 2 Normal sized ones. Drop the Manga and they eventually will become collectors items (or send them to soldiers in need)
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

I would by the Magna just to keep the collection the same. However i prefer the standard size and rather all further books after the new gen, be this way. I would love to get my hands on a compilation of the 3 core books. I would buy 3 of these.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

I Want Full sized books, a compleletaion of all 3 eras should have been the base book, wiht Era sourcebooks giving more detaisl for the eras... but instead we got New Generation as a Main book, wiht some Haydonites tossed in.... but no Icarus/Shimikaza, no Ark-angel, no Super-alpha and Super Beta... Just Prelude mecha, and New Generation with a few haydonites...
they should just Re-do the entire line, make the manga books the revised edition, and do a proper full sized new edition, wiht internal balance.. so guns that are the same size, dont do different Damage in 2 books.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
rtsurfer
Adventurer

Unread post by rtsurfer »

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php ... ber-1-2011
NO more manga size. We’ve decided to stop doing manga-sized Robotech® books. Starting with the Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook, all future Robotech® supplements will be our usual 8½ x 11 size and format. If and when we sell out of the existing manga-sized books, we will reprint them in the larger, standard format. The manga size was a noble experiment, but the overwhelming majority of gamers (75%) have pleaded for our return to the standard size. Well, we’ve heard your pleas and that’s what we’re doing. Let the rejoicing begin. ;)
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

WildWalker wrote:
rtsurfer wrote:http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php/about-palladium/weekly-updates/553-palladium-booksr-weekly-update-september-1-2011
NO more manga size. We’ve decided to stop doing manga-sized Robotech® books. Starting with the Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook, all future Robotech® supplements will be our usual 8½ x 11 size and format. If and when we sell out of the existing manga-sized books, we will reprint them in the larger, standard format. The manga size was a noble experiment, but the overwhelming majority of gamers (75%) have pleaded for our return to the standard size. Well, we’ve heard your pleas and that’s what we’re doing. Let the rejoicing begin. ;)

Bummer.

WildWalker

What, you like the manga-size books??
They can't see me...Right!?
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

Arnie100 wrote:
WildWalker wrote:
rtsurfer wrote:http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php/about-palladium/weekly-updates/553-palladium-booksr-weekly-update-september-1-2011

Bummer.

WildWalker

What, you like the manga-size books??

Actually - Yes. They were easy to bring places. They were easy to put in your pocket. You can travel with them instead of having to put them in a backpack or computer sack, it can fit in a Jacket or Back Pocket (I have been known to put them in my Levi Jeans pocket).

As for the content, it was good and they did eventually reprint it. What sucks is that now the last 'Era' book will not be printed in Manga format. Thus not having a complete collection of the different Era's. Macross, Masters, New Gen, and TSC.

Would I like a compilation book - yes. I think it would be better than having individual larger format books that are thinner. A Compilation could be hard bound, but most of all - all you have to do is bring two books to the table. TSC and the Compilation.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Dewitt667 wrote:And you can read it in public without getting an are-you-crazy look or harassed for being a gamer.

I agree, they should finish out the era books in manga format so you collection does not look incomplete.

When they give you those strange looks, contort your facial expression before saying something on the lines of; what your not one of the elite gamers? then walk away. :eek:

I would not mind if they made the set complete i would buy both. but i prefer the full size books.

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

the sept 1st weekly update
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:the sept 1st weekly update

Yeah rtsurfer had already posted it.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Manga is dead. I dont want to see it come back in ANY form. Reprint the manga books standard immediately and have a bon fire to get rid of manga surplus at the next PBOH. I like my books to stay open when I am using them.

Furthermore, Id like to see deluxe versions of Masters and Macross to include things like Masters NPCs, the SDF-1 and other things that were dropped off.

I wouldnt mind the proposed compilation idea for tSC, Masters, New Gen, and Macross. But gimme ships!!!!!!!
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Kagashi wrote:I wouldnt mind the proposed compilation idea for tSC, Masters, New Gen, and Macross. But gimme ships!!!!!!!

I Want the ships too!!!

SailorCallie
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I wanna nuke!

Unread post by SailorCallie »

Lt Gargoyle wrote:
Kagashi wrote:I wouldnt mind the proposed compilation idea for tSC, Masters, New Gen, and Macross. But gimme ships!!!!!!!

I Want the ships too!!!

Hell Yeah I want ships, too!!
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Kagashi wrote:
Furthermore, Id like to see deluxe versions of Masters and Macross to include things like Masters NPCs, the SDF-1 and other things that were dropped off.

Oops, I meant the SDF3
Updated Aug 2015
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
SailorCallie
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I wanna nuke!

Unread post by SailorCallie »

Kagashi wrote:
Kagashi wrote:

Oops, I meant the SDF3

And New Generation, but it'll be out by the end of the year full-sized notwithstanding. And yes, we all know that.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

I want an ubersized compilation of the main three (RT:M, RT:TSC, RT:TNG). Maybe a limited run. Titled, "Robotech Saga: Macrosized" or "Robotech Saga: Zentradi Version" or "Robotech: Saga (vZ)" or "Robotech: Saga (with the understanding that it is the Zentradi/Macro size)." Hard backed, color art (NO ADS) in the neighborhood of $100 limited run of say 1000 and a free copy to me for coming up with the idea :) Maybe a printer proof to go along with my Hardback "Rifts® Machinations of Doom"? :D Don't forget that that large it should have one of those built in ribbon book marks. Heck lets make it $200 real leather and anti-acid gold trimmed pages and of course then the title would have to be "Robotech: Saga Bible," go with standard pages instead of parchment though (they don't rip as easy).
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Heh. Robotech: Gutenberg Edition. Hand written with a quill by a monk.

Seriously though, i like calling it "Zentraedi sized". That fits on so many levels.
Updated Aug 2015
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Dewitt667 wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:I want an ubersized compilation of the main three (RT:M, RT:TSC, RT:TNG). Maybe a limited run. Titled, "Robotech Saga: Macrosized" or "Robotech Saga: Zentradi Version" or "Robotech: Saga (vZ)" or "Robotech: Saga (with the understanding that it is the Zentradi/Macro size)." Hard backed, color art (NO ADS) in the neighborhood of $100 limited run of say 1000 and a free copy to me for coming up with the idea :) Maybe a printer proof to go along with my Hardback "Rifts® Machinations of Doom"? :D Don't forget that that large it should have one of those built in ribbon book marks. Heck lets make it $200 real leather and anti-acid gold trimmed pages and of course then the title would have to be "Robotech: Saga Bible," go with standard pages instead of parchment though (they don't rip as easy).

No ADs for PT Cola :?:

But seriously, I can see in 'verse period Era ADs like recruitment ads, in 'verse movies, urban reconstruction campaign, promotional posters for stars, ect.

Okay maybe that but no ads like the Rifts Silver edition. Those ads would be freaking awesome as long as they were inverse.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Kagashi wrote:Heh. Robotech: Gutenberg Edition. Hand written with a quill by a monk.

Seriously though, i like calling it "Zentraedi sized". That fits on so many levels.

Dude it it isn't about the size but how much you can sove in it... wait that doesn't sound "good" either. It isn't about the size of the binding but the quality of the pulp... nope how about Don't judge a book by its wrapper but by the girth of its volume... oh never mind no matter how its said it sounds bad.
mike19k
D-Bee

Unread post by mike19k »

I missed this when it came out, but am very glad that it is the case as the manga books do not fit well with all my old books.
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Full size and nothing but.

I'm so glad Palladium finally listened and gave this up. It did nothing but create controversy that didn't have to exist.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”