Campaign on the bayou...need animals!

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Super Zembahk
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Campaign on the bayou...need animals!

Unread post by Super Zembahk »

If you are talking about Gulf Shores/american south then there are really tons and tons of animals to choose from down there.
Here is a just a small example of animals you can find down there that I think are either in the ATB books or the rifters. Deer, slugs, crayfish, turtles,alligator, snakes, anole (and other small lizards), bat, bullfrog, shrimp, raccoon, bobcat, opossum, armadillo, black bear, Nutria (maybe just use the muskrat as a template), tons and tons of birds and insects...Those places are swarming with different kinds of critters
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Various Snakes (Rattlesnake, Copperhead, Cottonmouth, KingSnake, Black Racer)....Beavers, Squirrels
The Dragon Has Spoken
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Dont' forget that not all animals mutate into humanish forms.

An alligator snapping turtle that put it's bio-e into size and weapons.. *shudders* Those things get huge now and can bite through a log as big around as your leg.. imagine one the size of a tank.... with that armor... probably stronger than a tank... coming up under your boat.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Gazirra
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it.
-Groucho Marx

Unread post by Gazirra »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Dont' forget that not all animals mutate into humanish forms.

An alligator snapping turtle that put it's bio-e into size and weapons.. *shudders* Those things get huge now and can bite through a log as big around as your leg.. imagine one the size of a tank.... with that armor... probably stronger than a tank... coming up under your boat.

The one major design flaw (that I've noticed) in ATB kind of screws over this scenario. A SL 1 Snapping Turtle does the same amount of damage with its bite attack as does a SL 30+ Snapping Turtles, especially when you factor in that PS bonuses don't apply to bite attacks.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Gazirra wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:Dont' forget that not all animals mutate into humanish forms.

The one major design flaw (that I've noticed) in ATB kind of screws over this scenario. A SL 1 Snapping Turtle does the same amount of damage with its bite attack as does a SL 30+ Snapping Turtles, especially when you factor in that PS bonuses don't apply to bite attacks.

Easily fixed. *Waves wand* "PS bonous now apply to bite attacks"

You can also allow (( As gm)) For some to have taken something more than once. Sure armored shell on something the size of the TMNT might add X sdc.. but if you're as big as a tank you might get that power two or three times, OR by a multiplier.

Remember, you're the GM, if something doesn't make sense one way or makes more sense another way, it's your job to fix it. You should never be held hostage by the rules.

I'm not saying change every one, but little things can easily be hand waved with little to no problem.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Ronin Shinobi
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Sportsmeister and Mr.Sports of sound off, endorsed by cornholioprime

Unread post by Ronin Shinobi »

If you look at region description, especially with the older TMNT books they seem to point out that the turtles had left the New york and possible set up camp some where in the south and established a ninja society. You could fact or that in with your campaign.
Showoff often leads to showdown
Svartalf- Shinobi, You're twisted
Mack- I'm constantly amazed at what people will put their energy into. This planet needs more predators.
Saitou Hajime- What kind of Americian are you?
Shadyslug- Good question
Gazirra
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it.
-Groucho Marx

Unread post by Gazirra »

Pariah74 wrote:
Gazirra wrote:The one major design flaw (that I've noticed) in ATB kind of screws over this scenario. A SL 1 Snapping Turtle does the same amount of damage with its bite attack as does a SL 30+ Snapping Turtles, especially when you factor in that PS bonuses don't apply to bite attacks.

Yeah, I ain't worried about it because I heavily modify the Palladium system anyway, and all animal entries I use too. I am a Palladium player from way back...been playing TMNT since the 80s. I know all too well what happens when 5 people roll "Duck" and 1 person rolls "Wolf." ;)

The 5 ducks make an animal team, thus leaving thew wolf in the statistical dust?
Ronin Shinobi
Dungeon Crawler

Or form their own crimefighting/hockey team.
Mack- I'm constantly amazed at what people will put their energy into. This planet needs more predators.
Shadyslug- Good question
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Ronin Shinobi wrote:If you look at region description, especially with the older TMNT books they seem to point out that the turtles had left the New york and possible set up camp some where in the south and established a ninja society. You could fact or that in with your campaign.

you mean the "gang of four" mention from ATB2?

though how that meshes with Raphael being out on the west coast (roadhogs suppliment) i don't know. maybe splinter still lives?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Ronin Shinobi
Dungeon Crawler

glitterboy2098 wrote:
Ronin Shinobi wrote:If you look at region description, especially with the older TMNT books they seem to point out that the turtles had left the New york and possible set up camp some where in the south and established a ninja society. You could fact or that in with your campaign.

you mean the "gang of four" mention from ATB2?

though how that meshes with Raphael being out on the west coast (roadhogs suppliment) i don't know. maybe splinter still lives?

By that time no, I doubt Splinter was alive, but I think when they did comic that they didn't bother researching main book for reference. Not mention that it never said them but hard to ignore the similarities of the gang of 4. At this time they are no longer teenagers so would be plausible to assume they went with a different moniker for their team.. Or it's possible Raph has left the group some time after they established their southern society to form another one out on the west coast.
Shadyslug- Good question

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”