D-Bee's of North America

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

D-Bee's of North America

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

I'm dedicating this thread to talking about D-Bee's that I think are really interesting.
If there are any entries in this book that really jumped out at you feel free to gush about them; anything from interesting story arcs ideas, to character concepts.

I'd like to start by giving an honorable mention to the Adna. They remind me of the Mystics from the Dark Crystal movie. They are very interesting and I actually felt bad for them when I was reading their entry. I think that an Adna NPC could be used as a great catalyst for growth for many characters. From the young hero terrified of death to the CS Deadboy lost in the wilderness with a broken leg. There is just so much you can do with them.

Just giving everyone the heads up most of my book is pepsi soaked so some entries are currently unreadable but hopefully Ill be getting a new one soon.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
DhAkael
Knight

Re: D-Bee's of North America

Unread post by DhAkael »

Never got that book because the ONLY store in Toronto that carries Pbooks stuff (at all) never ordered it, or the supplier mislaid the order (Diamond Comics distributor; the bane of comic, hobby & bookstore owners EVERYWHERE).
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

There is a sticky at the top of the Rifts forum. Questions and comments could be posted there.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

The Malvoren.....can meld with any technology and gets really good bonuses and such with combat technology.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

The deebee stuff in the first rifts book was kinda cool.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Did they give the Population number of D-Bee,s races?

Do you think it will be good if they make a book on d-Bees of Europe,South America,Africa,Asia and Australia?
They do Not need reprint the stats of races seen in DBofNA,s just give a breef hsitory of that race on the Continent and a list of Occ of that continent that they can take.
I like it if each contnient gets 10 D-Bees races unique to it.
The Galactus Kid

gaby wrote:Did they give the Population number of D-Bee,s races?

Do you think it will be good if they make a book on d-Bees of Europe,South America,Africa,Asia and Australia?
They do Not need reprint the stats of races seen in DBofNA,s just give a breef hsitory of that race on the Continent and a list of Occ of that continent that they can take.

I'm hoping to start working on a D-bees of Europe book later this year. I may be enlisting the help of a bunch of the freelancers like D-Bees of North America. This is part of my ongoing quest to flesh out Europe.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

Favorite D-Bee: Grackle Tooth.

D-Bees of Europe would be awesome.
The Galactus Kid

gaaahhhh wrote:D-Bees of Europe would be awesome.

Yeah, thats the plan.

Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

gaaahhhh wrote:Favorite D-Bee: Grackle Tooth.

:ok: agreed! those guys are awesome!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Dwarven
Elves
Crackle Tooths
Orcs
Ogres
Trolls

all good.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Spinne
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

a dead d-bee :lol:

personally i like a few of them

Kraks
Amorph
cactus people
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

Lol, my favorites are the wierd ones.

the blob dude that can eat anything is pretty fun looking.
The Zenith Moon Warper was hot! lol, the pics by Perez and Apollo rocked on those.
And of course the Mighty Grackle tooth, but I also like and have played a Finger-tooth Carpetbagger.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
The Galactus Kid

Ravenwing wrote:the blob dude that can eat anything is pretty fun looking.

The Slurmph. I wrote that one and had a BLAST with it. I'm really hoping to play one in the future.

TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

umm Anapuna ...
We have seen the females. See your avatar ;)
yeah lizard folk, they pretty much look the same...maybe coloration difference is all.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
SamBell
Explorer
Comment: What is grief, if not love preserving?

Unread post by SamBell »

I am 100% positive that the single most badass d-bee are Pogtal Giants. Nuff said
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61- Colonel Cambell
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

The Galactus Kid wrote:

I'm hoping to start working on a D-bees of Europe book later this year. I may be enlisting the help of a bunch of the freelancers like D-Bees of North America. This is part of my ongoing quest to flesh out Europe.

Please stop the trend of stopping D-Bees from being allowed M.O.M. conversions (Maxi-Juicer too to a lesser degree)!
Specially in Europe where the Angel of Death would have likely been experimenting on those locals.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Giant2005 wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Please stop the trend of stopping D-Bees from being allowed M.O.M. conversions (Maxi-Juicer too to a lesser degree)!
Specially in Europe where the Angel of Death would have likely been experimenting on those locals.

if she was sharing her research, that might make it more likely... but i somehow don't get the impression that the mindwerks scientific journal is showing up on anyone's doorsteps every month :P
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

I am definitely using some of the D-Bees in the DBoNA book when i start my rifts game soon
The Dragon Has Spoken
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Also liked the elf-like deebees in SOT. Cool art. Have the "running for their life" look.
Giant2005
Knight

Shark_Force wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

if she was sharing her research, that might make it more likely... but i somehow don't get the impression that the mindwerks scientific journal is showing up on anyone's doorsteps every month :P

Good point :lol: .
Whenever I see the "unable to undergo M.O.M. Conversion" clause in a DBees write-up, I tend to rule it applies to everybody. They need to add a "except for Mindwerks" ammendment to that clause or just remove that clause completely :wink: .
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
gaaahhhh wrote:D-Bees of Europe would be awesome.

Yeah, thats the plan.

Would be a very welcomed book. Help flesh out the world. Even if only the parts know by Palladium.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

I just made a Drizzit LLW. I think they're a good race.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm hoping to start working on a D-bees of Europe book later this year. I may be enlisting the help of a bunch of the freelancers like D-Bees of North America. This is part of my ongoing quest to flesh out Europe.

oohh... that would be a perfect place to stick the Dokkalfar, Svartalf, Huldramen/huldrawomen, and other races from scandinavian folklore and mythology..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Giant2005 wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:if she was sharing her research, that might make it more likely... but i somehow don't get the impression that the mindwerks scientific journal is showing up on anyone's doorsteps every month :P

Good point :lol: .
Whenever I see the "unable to undergo M.O.M. Conversion" clause in a DBees write-up, I tend to rule it applies to everybody. They need to add a "except for Mindwerks" ammendment to that clause or just remove that clause completely :wink: .

Training field agents and supplying them would wide her range of test subjects and "research" options. :idea:

Even if not, the DBees should have their own versions of M.O.M. Conversion and cyborg options. Their doctors and techies making the changes to common replacements and 'upgrades' for their races. There are even some DBee races that are already using the "unable to undergo ..." would they start making them available to other races. To make a credit at the very lease.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

abtex wrote:Even if not, the DBees should have their own versions of M.O.M. Conversion and cyborg options. Their doctors and techies making the changes to common replacements and 'upgrades' for their races. There are even some DBee races that are already using the "unable to undergo ..." would they start making them available to other races. To make a credit at the very lease.

perhaps, but the odds of the technology and knowledge coming with them through the rift is pretty slim. can terran humans (for the sake of argument, to distinguish us from any other type of humans you may wish to argue exist) create a spaceship that can fly to the moon and back with 3 people in it? sure. we already did that. it's old news. decades ago, even.

if you randomly grabbed a few dozen terran humans off the street, or even a few thousand, and threw them into a completely alien world... would it be likely that those randomly selected people could produce such a spaceship? i would consider it extremely unlikely. honestly, even if we made it nothing more than a working car, i'd say your chances wouldn't be so good (oh, someone might be able to design a car, but most would not have the ability to manufacture each tool that they would need to make the parts, never mind the tools to make the tools to make the parts and so forth).

likewise, while a high-tech race *might* have the ability to use MOM technology on their own species, that is a completely different thing from coming through the rifts with the supplies, knowledge, and facilities to do so when you only come through with perhaps as few as one to as many as four or five thousand.
Giant2005
Knight

My problem was that according to the section about who can get M.O.M. Implants in Mindwerks, they are fairly universal - only shapechangers, supernatural beings, creatures of magic and anything with extreme bio-regeneration were unable to undergo the procedure. Even minor supernatural beings like Brodkil and Gargoyles could undergo the conversion.
Then DBoNA came along and really screwed with that. I actually counted the number of DBees in there that could undergo the procedure and it wasn't many (I can't remember exactly but it was only 2 or 3, definitely less than 5). What is even worse than that was the fact that there were a lot of already established races in there like the Quik-Flex that were formerly able to undergo the process but as of their DBoNA revision, they no longer could.
M.O.M. Implants seem to be on a trend of going from almost universally accepted, to something that only humans and very similar races are capable of.
It is just my opinion but I'd absolutely love to see this trend smacked on it's hand and sent to it's room and never let out again.
More options are a good thing, my imagination sucks but I can't really figure a positive reason for removing them.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

OK. Dumb idea. I will just have to go get a new one. :oops:

but...
ikewise, while a high-tech race *might* have the ability to use MOM technology on their own species, that is a completely different thing from coming through the rifts with the supplies, knowledge, and facilities to do so when you only come through with perhaps as few as one to as many as four or five thousand.

The supplies and facilities are already here on Rifts' Earth.

Knowledge is ...
1) Personal skill. May not be their state of the art. Basics learned school or watching their PBS.
2) Out of need for better survival.
3) Punching 'F1' on their own devices and calling up "Help".
.. a) It just might be build into the device, for self repair, to pass on the devices to offspring or like.
.. b) You paid extra for the option when it was implanted. It a DBee thing, does it have to make sense.
.. c)How many races are running from 'big bad event' or have meet it, survived and want their remain people to be ready for it again.
4) Having someone on this side of rifts who helped them.
.. Even if that someone - human or DBee is just out to make a credit.
.. Could be locals do not want new comers to bite the bucket.
.. [Taking from HiTech Mercs in SA2 and maybe Russian Warlords' cyborg coffins, who made them any way?] They were implanted when you were 'volunteered' into the Service. Be it the post-rifts Red Cross, Swiss Frontier Guard, 'Cheap Labor Are You' or whatever.
.. Dark Angel or Triax experiment mobile lab drove by and you failed your luck roll, while trying to run away and just wake up with the stuff.
.. Someone from glitterboy2098's scandinavian folklore and mythology found you and wanted to see if this worked.
5) Events that are plot ideas and may link old books with new ones.

New dumb idea finished.

abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

What was this topic about again?

Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

D-bees of North America. :)
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
llywelyn
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by llywelyn »

Me, I'd like a list and description of the actual common races a traveller would encounter in abundance, as opposed to saying, eh, let's write something cool and if they turn out to be too unusual or overpowered just say there's only a few hundred of them. Or 12. Or none known to be on Earth.

If there's so few, add them in to one of the adventure ideas or as notes on a worldbook NPC. Keep the Dbee books for the standard races.

But I'm sure that's a personal gripe and everyone else just appreciates that they can now be an Auto-G, or have a cool NPC to make for their party, &c.

Return to “Rifts®”