Energy Claws Revised

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Energy Claws Revised

Unread post by NMI »

Insert Fluff Text Here

Choose if the claws are Kinetic Force type of "energy" or are they energy like fire, electricity, laser, etc.. type of power

Damage [regardless of type of claw/energy] 4D4 +1D4 at levels 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15
Additional Damage Bonsus:
* If the energy claws are a type of kinetic or "force" claws, then the damage bonus is based on their P.S. [ie: PS 20 = +5 damage bonus]
* If the energy claws are not a type of kinetic or "force" claws, then the damage bonus is based on their M.E. on the P.S. scale [ie: ME 20 = +5 damage bonus, ME 16 = +1 damage bonus]
Bonus Abilities:
* If the energy claws are kinetic or force in nature, they may be used to parry physical as well as energy based attacks [but do you really want to parry a flaming magic sword with your "bare" hands?]. GM's: Use common sense. If your player is going to parry a large object they themselves, just like shields should take a portion of the damage. I suggest anywhere from 10-25%
* If the energy claws are energy in nature they may be used to parry energy based attacks only. The claws nor the PC will take damage if the energy attack is the same as the make-up of the energy claws.
* Regardless of the make-up the claws, all energy claws act as Armor Piercing weapons. The amount of A.R. these claws can negate is based on the users M.E. attribute.
** M.E. 1-15 no bonus to A.R. penetration. M.E. 16-18: +1, M.E. 19-21: +2, M.E. 22-25: +3, M.E. 26-28: +4, M.E. 29-30: +5 No bonus for a M.E. above 30, unless the M.E. is an Extraordinary Attribute like E.O. M.E. A raw bonus from another power like Divine Aura will not extend the A.R. penetration reach of this power.
*** Characters with this power will gain an additional +1 to their A.R. penetration at levels: 4, 7, 10, and 15.
**** Note: Against Natural A.R. like certain APS abilities, Mineral Aliens, Robotic A.R., this bonus is reduced by half, rounded down.

Additional Abilities: +1 Parry, + 2 disarm, +1 Pull Punch [applicable only when the claws are being used as part of the attack]. Other bonuses to strike, parry, etc from a high P.P., certain skills and powers may apply. Again GM's, use common sense.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Adventus
Wanderer

Re: Energy Claws Revised

Unread post by Adventus »

* If the energy claws are a type of kinetic or "force" claws, then the damage bonus is based on their P.S. [ie: PS 20 = +5 damage bonus]
* If the energy claws are a type of kinetic or "force" claws, then the damage bonus is based on their M.E. on the P.S. scale [ie: ME 20 = +5 damage bonus, ME 16 = +1 damage bonus]

You might want to edit your post. I think you meant: If energy claws are not Kinetic or "force" claws, then the damage bonus is based on their M.E. on the P.S. scale [ie: ME 20 = +5 damage bonus, ME 16 = +1 damage bonus].
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Thank you for the notice.
What is your opinion on the power itself?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

It is pretty good, reflecting what were the many ideas of the "zetgeist" of palladium fans...only in more streamlined format.
:-D
Thumb up!
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

cool redo Nmi
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”