500xp's for references for St. Louis Devils gate - I NEED YO

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: 500xp's for references for St. Louis Devils gate - I NEED YO

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

WB 11: RCSG Scientist. The CS is in control of the gate and blasts anything that comes out.

WB17 There is a rift in Russia that is directly linked to the gate, if I'm not mistaken. It could be in Mystic Russia though

There is also a rifter article about the Devil's gate that has art by Apollo Okamura.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

The RCSG, Ft. Laredo, and the East St. Louis Rift - - 61, R#37
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

The Galactus Kid wrote:The RCSG, Ft. Laredo, and the East St. Louis Rift - - 61, R#37

Well I see everything is well in hand, hmmm
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
llywelyn
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by llywelyn »

I don't have the Rifter, so what did it add?

From Coalition War Campaign:
Rift Control Study Group

The RCSG group is a brigade of CS troops and military scientists... Their headquarters and main base of operations is at the East St. Louis Rift... "Containment" typically means the capture, study, and/or extermination of other-worldly beings... To do this, a giant, mega-damage containment center similar in appearance and construction to the great fortress cities of Chi-Town, except... the Devil's Gate Containment Center is intended to hold monsters and inhuman invaders in until they can be destroyed or sent retreating back into the Rifts. Power armor, robots, and Psi-Hounds are used extensively.

So did they finish the containment center?

Also, I thought that the main book or Coalition Navy had sth about the original containment squad for St. Louis getting destroyed and the CS originally having to fall back before starting the RCSG. In any case, the brown water navy is the unofficial "3rd fleet" based at Baton Rouge, with the closer sites at Greenville, Ft Girardeau, and Hannibal. They've got patrol boats, some planes, some armor (tridents, sea-SAMAS, and old SAMAS), and some infantry.
Last edited by llywelyn on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
llywelyn
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by llywelyn »

The Galactus Kid wrote:WB17 There is a rift in Russia that is directly linked to the gate, if I'm not mistaken. It could be in Mystic Russia though
Just checked that out.

It's buried in the Gypsy section of Mystic Russia (WB18).

There's a constant rift from the edge of the Moskva crater to Calgary, another in the "middle of the Ural Mountains" that "randomly" opens to the St. Louis Arch, and a third random one "at the southeastern tip of the Altay Mountains" to Old Detroit, Atlantis, and Ethiopia.
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

llywelyn wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:WB17 There is a rift in Russia that is directly linked to the gate, if I'm not mistaken. It could be in Mystic Russia though
Just checked that out.

There's a constant rift from the edge of the Moskva crater to Calgary, another in the "middle of the Ural Mountains" that "randomly" opens to the St. Louis Arch, and a third random one "at the southeastern tip of the Altay Mountains" to Old Detroit, Atlantis, and Ethiopia.

Ah, justification for having Russian O.C.C.s in North America. I'm just starting a new campaign for my son, and one of his friends will love the idea of playing a Russian character.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

Xar wrote:
llywelyn wrote:
Just checked that out.

Ah, justification for having Russian O.C.C.s in North America. I'm just starting a new campaign for my son, and one of his friends will love the idea of playing a Russian character.

Well now players have an easier time for justifying their Russian Borgs in North America. I'd like making them come up with plausible back stories. Well luckily they don't scour the books thoroughly so maybe they'll miss it, lol

p.s. hey Xar I'm digging the 30 man code (two players) for Contra in your sig line,
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Thanks, Razzinold!

Glad you recoginzed it was 2-player.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

Of course I knew it was two players, I LOVED Contra, Super C was cool too, but nothing beats the original. Except maybe Bionic Commando, that was a sweet NES Game too.

Back to the gate, it figures the CS controls it, it seems like they can be anywhere they want to be whenever they want to be there and it NEVER appears to effect their resources. Maybe I should run my players through a campaign that seizes control of it away from them, that could be fun.

Return to “Rifts®”