TW-Vampire Combat Trainer

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mallak's Place
Dungeon Crawler

TW-Vampire Combat Trainer

Unread post by Mallak's Place »

One of the biggest problems with training vampire hunters is teaching them how deal with the supernatural nature and evil aura (Horror Factor) of a real vampire. Several methods have been tried in past,
*Keeping live vampire to give the trainees some exposure- this proves to be dangerous as the vampires must be feed and constantly watched/kept under guard. And the fear of them escaping is always present
*Staked vampires are easier to keep but the Berserk nature of a Vampire after the stake is removed is unpredictable and very dangerous.
*Use of Deluded vampires can be a very effective training tool but it unfortunately breeds familiarity and delusions that these things aren’t always monsters, this have cost more then a few hunters their lives “ Come on John remember Bill from training, he wasn’t a monster you don’t have to be one. You can fight this I know you can!”

the most common method is the standard of militaries. Constant training and repetition with hopes that when the brain doesn’t respond the body will move automatically in the way it was trained to do.

Most large organizations eventually take their trainees out on their “First Hunt” to give them experience in hunting real vampires. These training hunts usually include Skilled hunters and well as Instructors and can take weeks to track down a group a vampires that are overpowered by the skilled hunters and instructors so the novice hunters can have there first real experience with vampire in a relatively safe environment and build their confidence. Some organizations utilize scouts who purposely look and keep track of small vampire band that are tagged for these Training Hunts. But this is still a time consuming and great waste of manpower that could be used more effectively in ending the undead threat.

These reasons are why The Mage-Vend-U Company of Highstone has developed the TW-VAMPIRE COMBAT TRAINER. The TW-VCT is a Fat Pillar that is the Size of Two 50 gallon Drums stacked on top of each other. The device is smooth on the outside with a Airtight Armored Shell (500 M.D.C.)
To work the device the trainer puts on a special control Gauntlet and the device must be Charged (either by Ley-Line or other source of PPE. i.e. a Mage). The trainer then activates the device which utilizes the spell Realm of Chaos as well a special combination of other spells that will transport the Gauntlet wearer and everyone else within 100 feet radius of the pillar into the Realm of Chaos for 5 minutes (the gauntlets wearer has a choice to extend the duration for another 5 minutes if he desires, like the Energize Spell effect, but 10 minutes is the max), only instead of the Trainees most hated or feared enemy there is a Vampire waiting for each them. These Chaos vampires fight and behave just like regular vampires, having all of there Powers and Abilities as well as there Weaknesses and vulnerabilities

Safety Features.
As this is a training device there are several safety features built into it
* first the Gauntlet wearer and stop the device (and the spell) at any time with a thought, the gauntlet also monitors the wearers vital signs if killed of knocked unconscious (or the gauntlet is removed) the effect is ended immediately
* the gauntlet wearer will also not be attacked by the vampire and can in fact command them like the 10th level Necromancer spell Command vampires.
* on the inside forearm of the gauntlet is a Emergency Stop button, any one depressing this button will stop the device/effect
* The base of the pillar is carve with a Protection Circle: Superior that is Activated along with the Devise creating a 20 foot area safe zone around the pillar that the vampires cannot enter.
* the pillar itself is touch sensitive after activation simply touching the pillar of hitting with something will turn the device off, ending the effect.

These pillars are currently rated as either Class-Two or Class-Three pillars. Class-Two pillars can create Wild or Secondary vampire opponents, while Class-Three can only create Wild Vampires

It is expected that these pillars will revolutionize the training of Vampire Hunters as now instructors have a chance to subject the students to vampires in a controlled setting with the instructor be able to command the vampires actions. Also because the area in the Realm of Chaos mimics the real world area different training scenarios in a variety of environments can be planed out for the students, and since the battles are taking place in another dimension any battle damage does not effect the real world environment and is gone the next time the Pillar is activated in that location.

Locations
Currently only 8 pillars are known to exist
* the Prototype is most likely to be at the Mage-Vend-U head quarters in the Kingdom of High Stone
* a Class-Two Pillar is currently on loan to Lazlo, Erin Tarn is planning to make a return trip to Mexico and this is being used to train the expeditions security forces, and to test new anti-vampire equipment.
* a Class-Two and a Class-Three Pillar are currently being rented to The Head Hunters Academy in MercTown for a undisclosed fee . Classes on Vampire Hunting are currently being offered at the Academy, and are quickly becomming very popular. Several of the big name Merc units have already sent special units to the academy for Vampire Training
* a Class-Three pillar and Class-Two pillar are being Operated in Arzno for exclusive use by the AMC, AWM is operating a Class-Three pillar for use in testing new Anti Vampire Weapons and Equipment.

Mage-Vend-U has so far declined to Sell, Loan or Rent any Pillars to any Organization smaller then a City State.

Devil in the Design
Unknown to the most of those who use the device in the heart of pillar is a vampire staked through the heart with a silver stake. It is this vampire that allows the TW-VCT to function and determines the class of the pillar. Class-Two pillars hold Secondary vampires, and Class-Three hold Wild Vampires (Class-One would hold a Master Vampire but none exist at this time). Every precaution thinkable has been used to make sure the vampire stays Inert and contained .
Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: TW-Vampire Combat Trainer

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Think it is safer to use the training system for dealing with it from ninjas and super spies. Expose them to so much horrific stuff they become numb to it. See contorl reveulsion in mystic china for ninjas and super spies.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Ouch...Sounds like something Doctor Reid would have a hand in engineering.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

taalismn wrote:Ouch...Sounds like something Doctor Reid would have a hand in engineering.

No this stuff whould give him night mares.

Basically thing of something terrifying then one up it then one up it again then catch them with it by surprise.

Such as buried alive. In a mass grave. Of maggot ridden half rotten corpses. And that is where you woke up, what is that taste in your mouth is that squirming you feel and why can't you move?
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

At least Reid has a FACE now....I was afraid of him looking always like the Surgeon General from Give Me Liberty....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”