I would love to see your concepts for this!!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

I would love to see your concepts for this!!

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

First of all, let me state plainly that this is not an original idea and I take no credit for its initial creation. That honor goes to Gnorm Gearloose originally posted in the Contest thread of 2004. I saw the name and it stuck in my head and wouldn't shake loose. I have to see this written up! Now while I have an idea I'm trying to flesh out, I also have 2 jobs that are very distracting. So, to the many geniuses here at the megaversal forums I present for your interpretation..

Lazy Boy and the Recliner.

(personally I'm thinking maybe something along the lines of type 1 piloted robot vehicle (have to read description closely, or Hardware Analytical Genius)

Go crazy with it. I'm excited to see what you all come up with.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: I would love to see your concepts for this!!

Really now? 5 views and 0 replies. You're better than that. I just know you are.

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

My thinking is that it is a remotely piloted vehicle super invention. Where the controls have built into a Lazyboy, and the bot's transport mode is it laying down.

Or it is like above but there are two of the super invention and one is the 'sidekick'.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Regularguy
Adventurer

Unread post by Regularguy »

Once upon a time, a civic-minded child prodigy fought crime without using his fists or even leaving the house; he simply phoned the authorities with anonymous tips, identifying himself as "Lazy Boy" when relaying his insights to solve mysteries.

Sure, he ached to do more -- but how? He could visualize the heck out of a crime scene and watch the whole thing play out in his mind's eye, but it didn't make him bulletproof. No, he couldn't take the next step until he'd deduced the existence of an unusual crusader quietly waging a one-man war on the underworld: a diamond-hard strongman who can unleash his full powers only by drowsily slumping to the ground and losing consciousness.

The big guy never wanted to be a superhero, and he sure as hell didn't want to call himself "The Recliner" -- but "Lazy Boy" is really into that whole comic-book thing, and is too useful a sidekick to pass up the costumes and personas -- and even the way that kid insists on top billing, 'Star-Spangled Kid and Stripesy' style. And so now they burst in on bank robbers or whatever as a team, announcing themselves in best cape-and-tights fashion before dramatically passing out in tandem to save the day.

(The Recliner, see, got mystically bestowed with Invulnerability and Transfer/Possess; Lazy Boy was born a mutant with plenty of minor psionic powers -- astral projection, clairvoyance, object read, total recall, speed reading, and so on -- plus Mimic; so long as they're working together, both do-gooders can go limp and make it look like mere bad luck keeps striking the bad guys, who promptly trip over things and drop stuff and wind up knocking each other out.)
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Regularguy! Bravo sir. You've got the right idea. I love the attitude and snark put into the description of The Recliner. Well done sir. Well done.

Who's next?

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

Lazy Boy was always a slacker. He did the exact minimum needed to get by. Straight C student, did the chores his parents asked of him, but never put in any effort. Until the day he discovered he could possess others. Suddenly, he could do whatever he wanted by proxy. No sweat, no strain, no exertion... just pop into their head and let them do the work. Work was for suckers.

He found a hero named Bulldozer, whose sole power was the ability to project a wave of force, enough to knock people over, sometimes even unconscious. Lazy Boy (who at that point hadn't even bothered to come up with a decent code name) was tired of doing everything himself... well, his own possessed thrall's self... and was entirely too fond of puns and wordplay. So he possessed Bulldozer, dressed him in a new costume, and sent him out as The Recliner (since he could force others into a reclined position). He sent him on a two week crime spree, and then released him from his control, and explained the situation to him. As the Recliner, he had been committing all manner of crimes, and unless he continued being the Recliner, Bulldozer was going to be dragged through the mud. 'Dozer snapped, and lunged for Lazy Boy. Before he could reach him, though, Bulldozer blacked out.

He woke up with blood on his hands, in his Bulldozer costume. Lazy Boy told him that he had recorded the entire incident, and that if he didn't play very nice, all of his hero friends were going to get the recording of the murder (and other foul things, some even after the poor young woman's death) and throw Bulldozer to the wolves. Now truly stuck, he agreed, and the Recliner was truly born that day.

He's gotten used to the good life, but he still detests Lazy Boy (or at least the man he thinks is Lazy Boy. What Recliner doesn't know is that the Lazy Boy he's been interacting with is another thrall, one that the real Lazy Boy keeps imprisoned for when he needs a body to walk around in.) Recliner's plan is to get the drop on Lazy Boy and unleash a full force wave on him, which he now knows from experience can crush a human body like a cardboard box. Until then, he'll bide his time and let the little twerp think he's won. Then, once he's truly free, he can choose a new name and keep living the sweet life he's come to enjoy.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Just a quick note - the names Lazy Boy & the Recliner are mentioned in the film Mystery Men, which came out in 1999.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

I had no idea Talavar. Like I mentioned in the initial post I saw the names on someone else's thread and thought they were great. To any moderators, sorry for the possible ..thing where we're not supposed to use copyrighted material.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:I had no idea Talavar. Like I mentioned in the initial post I saw the names on someone else's thread and thought they were great. To any moderators, sorry for the possible ..thing where we're not supposed to use copyrighted material.

They're not actual characters, so the copyright thing shouldn't be an issue - they're used as insults against superheroes for being lazy.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

The idea that popped into my mind when I read this was that there's this robot, see, that was built by this guy who was sick of being picked on and being called Lazy all the time. He was brilliant, but lacked the certain motivation to do things, but after several years of being called lazy and unmotivated he decided to build a robot to prove that he was better than everyone.

The Recliner is NOT the robot. The robot is controlled via Transferred Intelligence, and The Recliner is the chair/bed/apparatus the guy lies in when his intelligence/mind is transferred into the robot. It is a cocoon of sorts, giving him feedback on amount of time he's been in the robot, status of his physical body, and acts as a shield against outside attacks on his meat body while he's in the robot.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

Severus Snape wrote:The idea that popped into my mind when I read this was that there's this robot, see, that was built by this guy who was sick of being picked on and being called Lazy all the time. He was brilliant, but lacked the certain motivation to do things, but after several years of being called lazy and unmotivated he decided to build a robot to prove that he was better than everyone.

The Recliner is NOT the robot. The robot is controlled via Transferred Intelligence, and The Recliner is the chair/bed/apparatus the guy lies in when his intelligence/mind is transferred into the robot. It is a cocoon of sorts, giving him feedback on amount of time he's been in the robot, status of his physical body, and acts as a shield against outside attacks on his meat body while he's in the robot.

That is an interesting concept. I could see something along these lines. The Recliner is more like the pilots chair that the user controls the robot from by tapping into it by way of "plugging in" or just that the chair can pick up your brain signals by sitting in the "recliner." Person sitting in the chair can roll on table (Insert table Takes 25% damage, Takes 50% damage, Takes no damage when robot gets attacked/destroyed).
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Hmm, what if Lazyboy was a young mage renowned for being, well, you know.....
He still hadn't decided on a name his teammates could all agree to call him, when he figured out that the Flight spell would work on his favorite recliner with a certain brand name. So his teammates started calling him Lazyboy. Shortly after that, one of his teammates jokingly introduced him to a reporter as the "Amazing Lazyboy and His Recliner Too." The names stuck. Soon, his travelling chair, renown as "the Recliner" was a fan favorite. It quickly became a running joke to refer to it as a teammate with it's own likes' and dislikes. Even supervilians eventually came to avoid damaging the Recliner for fear of an angry mob ending their career.

Lazyboy eventually "retired" to spend time "studying for his Master Wizardry Exam" so he "wouldn't be an apprenctice anymore." In reality, he was going off to college in another state and he decided to take a few years off. He also wanted to create a new persona to reenter superheroing with, and figured a few years of downtime would help the puclic accect a new superhero. Ironically, The Recliner continued it's adventures with the team for a few months after he left the team. because they couldn't make it fly, the team decided that it "missed Lazyboy" and would thus be retiring as well. I'm sure tihs had nothing to do with some of them being jealous of an inanimate object being more popular than them. They gave it a public send off party and then put it in a local superhero museum, where it remains a favortie attraction.
Edited for spelling and clarity.
Last edited by Sir_Spirit on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Sir_Spirit wrote:Hmm, what it Lazyboy was young mage renowned for, well you know. He still hadn't decided on a name they could all agree to call him, when he figured out that the Flight spell would work on his favorite recliner with a certain brand name. So they started calling him Lazyboy. Shortly after that, oneof is teammates jokingly introduced himto a reporter as the Amazing Lazyboy and his Recliner too. So soon his travelling chair became renown as "the Recliner" it was a fan favorite and it soon became a running joke to refer to it as a teammate with it's own like and dislikes. Even supervilians soon came to avoid damaging it for fear of an angry mob ending their career.

Lazyboy eventually "retired" to spend time "studying for his Master Wizardry Exam" so he wouldn't be considered an apprenctice anymore. In reality for was going off to college in another state and wanted to create a new persona to reenter superheroing with, so he decided to take a few years off. The Recliner continued it's adventures with the team for a few months after he lef the team. But since they couldn't make it fly, they decided that it "missed Lazyboy" and would thus be retiring as well. They gave it a public send off party and then put it in a local superhero museum, where ti remains a favortie attraction.

LOL! Another way this particular setup could have gone is if the Recliner was the unintended result of a transferal/possession spell (sorry don't know the proper magics) that "LazyBoy" couldn't be bothered to get right.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote: (sorry don't know the proper magics).

Well, don't feel about about that, Lazyboy obviously didn't know them either! :D
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

Lazy Boy: Soft comfortable, relaxing. 1) Elasticity, just for the malleability, 2) XMA; makes you relax, 3) is narcoleptic, always falling asleep. Has no skill higher than 50% as they are lazy.
OR could be a XO suit labeled Laser Boy

Recliner:
a) Boxer: Lays you out flat
c) Hardware vehicle: The recliner is motorized; has a pressurized cabin, expandable entertainment center compartment, mini fridge, refreshment dispenser. Has a cryo weapon (just in case the beer isn't cold enough), Entertainment center will have a flat screen that can go clear but allows you to use X-Rays, radar, basically a large HUD. Has several small droids that come out of the bottom that can get more pretzels, or be controlled by a game controller as a FPS.

The duo could be a couple of middle age, overweight men whose wives told them that they needed a hobby and to get out of the house more. After a few months of nagging they come up with the idea that they would fight crime, crime being people playing music too loud, walking on people's lawns, graffiti, people blocking driveways, etc
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

KillWatch wrote:crime being people playing music too loud, walking on people's lawns, graffiti, people blocking driveways, etc

You are a true civic visionary. I want to live in your neighborhood. lol

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”