Robot Skill Programs for piloting a robot ^^

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: Robot Skill Programs for piloting a robot ^^

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Bujarx wrote:Hi,

can a full automatic robot (Neural intelligence) "learn" this skills:

Pilot Robots & Power Armor
Pilot Robot Combat Elite:
Pilot Robot Combat Basic
Pilot Tank / APC

Every Skill Programs that i found exclude these skills.

What will a program like this cos on Black Market ?

Thanks in advance.
A Neural Intelligence (or "better") type of robot could eventually learn the appropriate skills, by trial-and-error, or by training just like a normal person.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Bujarx wrote:If i choose the Expanded Memory (Sourcebook 1 P.105) ".... Neural System: Add two (2) programs and two secondary skills at all appropriate levels"

I can choose the pilot skills as secondary skills ?
I personally read that section as giving you information on the bonuses that you can get based on which type of Artificial Intelligence that you have in the first place.

In other words, if you're just a "lousy" old Skelebot, with a "fixed" level of programmed intelligence, then you can't get the bonuses associated with someone like Argent Goodson or Sergeant Beta.

Likewise, Sergeant Beta or Argent Goodson can't get the same benefits as Spartacus (a Transferred Intelligence NPC in the Heroes Unlimited setting).

HOWEVER.....if you have the right kind of A.I. installed to begin with, then I don't see why you couldn't.
EDIT: I was incorrect, as Jaymz apparently knew from memory. Neither Giant Robots nor Power Armor piloting is available as either a Secondary Skill nor as a Combat Program, not officially. Only a Transferred Intelligence character can officially be a Power Armor or Giant Robot pilot.

(In my personal opinion, Kevin as a general rule keeps robots [not to mention other 'powered' characters] from also running Power Armors and other vehicles as a sort of style preference; of course it would make much more sense in "real life" if people like Juicers and Robots and Quick-Flex Aliens did run such machines.)
Last edited by cornholioprime on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I believe the only way a Bot RCC can in fact get Robot Pilot skills is as a secondary skill but as of RUE I don't think those skills are allowed as secondaries anymore.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

OR you could ignore those (pardon pun) artificial restrictions.
*shrug*
Your game, your roolz (or your GM's, whatever).

Argue the 'canon' much as you like, but it all comes down to what the GM says is so. :-?
Period.
Dot.
Full stop.
END OF LINE. :thwak:
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

jaymz wrote:I believe the only way a Bot RCC can in fact get Robot Pilot skills is as a secondary skill but as of RUE I don't think those skills are allowed as secondaries anymore.
I just looked through two or three different books (Rifts Sourcebook One, Rifts Ultimate Edition, Rifts Sourcebook One [Revised]), and it seems that Flaming James is correct.

I will alter my previous Post to reflect it.

Piloting a Robot or Power Armor is neither a Secondary Skill (if it ever was originally), nor is it a Program.

The Authors really covered their tracks in this particular instance.

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Why am I Flaming?

As for the secondary skills...prior to RUE typically speaking all skills could be selected as a secondary skill. It wasn't until RUE that they specifically designated what is and is not a secondary skill.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

jaymz wrote:Why am I Flaming?
Hey, don't blame me.

They tell me that that was what they called you back when you living in San Francisco.
None of my business, though.

(I see: you thought that I was talking about the "regular" kind of flaming; I meant the original definition.)

;)
:D
:fool:
Last edited by cornholioprime on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Funny I don't recall San Francisco....but those days were such a blur...... :P

Actually I thought you were saying I was literally on fire.....which, though I am cooking, I am not

Ah I get it because I was RIGHT, ok gotchya... ;)

\m/
sirkermittsg
Explorer

Unread post by sirkermittsg »

well the secret here is to have a transfered intelligence such as a robot pilot that is placed into a robot body.

Return to “Rifts®”