Scariest Thing in the Megaverse

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Giant2005
Knight

Scariest Thing in the Megaverse

Unread post by Giant2005 »

I'm trying to find the scariest entity in the Megaverse, judged purely on Horror Factor.
The highest HF I can find is on Nxla which has a HF of 19.
Can anyone think of anything scarier?

Please, no Mulka.
Hystrix
Champion

Re: Scariest Thing in the Megaverse

Unread post by Hystrix »

Giant2005 wrote:I'm trying to find the scariest entity in the Megaverse, judged purely on Horror Factor.

Please, no Mulka.

I don't know about scarier, but Styphon is a HF 19 as well (Dragons and Gods, forgot the page number).
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Giant2005
Knight

I'm thinking 19 might be the limit - Cromal the Demon Planet is 19 too and I can't imagine much of anything being scarier than him.
Well anything that needs stats at least.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

A HU Mega-Hero with an Awe/Horror Factor can have up to HF 15 to start (11+1d4), and can increase his/her/its awe factor by +1 per two points taken from IQ or PE, with a maximum of up to +3, for a total of HF 18.
IF they also have the Divine Aura power, the "Power of Illusion" ability allows the character to appear twice as big as he/she/it really is, adding +2 to Awe/Horror Factor, which would bring the total up to HF 20.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Death (of the Four Horsemen fame) also joins the club at HF 19.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Braden Campbell wrote:Death (of the Four Horsemen fame) also joins the club at HF 19.

Was the Apocolyps Demon also HF 19? I'd have to check, but there might be your 20...
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Hystrix wrote:
Braden Campbell wrote:Death (of the Four Horsemen fame) also joins the club at HF 19.

Was the Apocolyps Demon also HF 19? I'd have to check, but there might be your 20...

In a pink MLP tutu....THAT would drive it up to HF 20, or 21.
Welcome, gibbering insanity.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i think 19 may be the max.. similar to how skills top out at 98%
higher than 19 and no normal person would have any chance of passing short of a nat20, which isn't much fun for players.
given how few OCC's or abilities give bonuses against HF, that is a major issue.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

glitterboy2098 wrote:i think 19 may be the max.. similar to how skills top out at 98%
higher than 19 and no normal person would have any chance of passing short of a nat20, which isn't much fun for players.
given how few OCC's or abilities give bonuses against HF, that is a major issue.

Yeah, but think of the demons we are talking about. Theses arn't random encounters, they are major (evil) players on Rifts Earth.

Besides the more Cuthuluesque a demon gets, the more is less about save vs HF and more about save vs. Insanity!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Even creatures like The Lord of the Deep and Sedna the Sea Hag -both of whom can drive mortals mad just from looking upon their true form -top out at the apparent, unstated "upper limit" of Horror Factor 19.

But that's by the numbers.

In one of the Three Galaxies setting Books, there is a Nebula out there somewhere that leads to a dark dimension of some sort.

It caused a Cosmo-Knight to die from fright after uttering a few short words when she came back out......and she was apparently, physically untouched.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Giant2005 wrote:I'm trying to find the scariest entity in the Megaverse, judged purely on Horror Factor.

Please, no Mulka.

A very high level mage casting Armor Bizarre. Some of the NPCs out there are as high as level 30. The HF increases per level in that spell and I saw no cap for it.

If I'm remembering right, that's a potential HF in the 30s or maybe 40s. Will double check.

This could be amplified further if a group of mages cast it using the sorcerous advantage (TTGD) that allows them to add their levels in calculating spell effects. That ability allows 1 mage in group per level (based on highest mage I think).

So with a group of 15 level 15 mages, that's a HF of over 15^2 (not including the base of the spell) or over 225.

========================================

Edit correction update: I misremembered a couple things last night so the above calculations are mistaken, so I'll correct that:

Armor Bizarre's HF accrues at a lower rate, I thought it was 1/lvl but it is 1/2 levels with a 9 base. So a level 30 spellcaster (highest level I've seen in any Palladium Books, though I heard a rumour the Old Ones were level 40) would have a HF of 24, and a lvl 20 caster would get HF 19. Something tells me that in all probability while compiling FoM they were only thinking of lvl 20 bros like Splynncryth (isn't he around there? meh) and not annoying ubercasters like Thoth.

I also misremembered how Group Casting (from Nightbane: Through the Glass Darkly) works. It only multiplies range/duration/damage by the number of people in the group, not adding experience levels or multiplying any other spell components like HF or # of minions summoned, etc. So all Armor Bizarre would get out of that would be that it'd last a really long time. Interpreting it strictly it wouldn't even get added damage capacity. I imagine some GMs will allow MDC given by spells to be increased in situations where damage given by spells is increased (don't ley lines work that way?)

That said, the fact that the only experience level that matters in group casting is the leader is utterly frightening. A level 15 mage could get 14 level 1 mages, teach them the spell he wants to boost (let's say annihilate) and multiply his (already level 15) spell by that factor again.

This is a little easier to think of in a factor of 10, actually. A level 10 caster leading 9 guys could cast a 1D6x100 lightning bolt, for example, at an incredibly decent range. This also allows damage that normally doesn't increase (like annihilate) to do so, in this case, a 2d4x1000 ball which can be thrown a long long way.

=====================

I think the reason I misremembered Group Casting is that I got how it works jumbled up with another "GC" from Nightbane, in this case, the master psionic power "Gestalt Circle" from "Between the Shadows". It DOES add the experience levels of people in the circle, and it has a similar '1 member per level of the leader' stipulation.

Remembering Gestalt Circle got me remembering the super psionic power 'Radiate Horror Factor' from Psyscape. Normally it's not all that impressive. A level 15 diabolic insane psychic could still only get a max of HF 18 from it. But using a circle, the possibilities increase.

In this example, let's assume that all the psychics are anarchist, and that none are insane/enraged/evil (which adds bonuses). The psychics can't be good/unprincipled because that only adds a set base and not a per-level increase. It's too confusing to figure out exactly how good psychics mixing with anarchist mixing with evil psychics would work.

First off: there are actually some gods/lords of hades/hell in D+G (and Pantheons) who can do this through merit of having 'all master psionics' or greater demon/deevil species with access to super psionics who could potentially do this through being able to select them (what I remember is the Raksasha Greater Demon and the Wraith Greater Devil). We know that many demons are above level 15 and I think I recall the experience tables for demons/devils in the new Hades/Dyval sourcebooks going up to level 30 much like they do for (ancient/adult?) dragons in Atlantis/D+G. Just going to use the example of 15 since that's usually the cap for humans and the vast majority of player characters.

So we have 15 characters who all have the super psionic of 'Radiate Horror Factor', somehow. They're all level 15, and one of them (the leader) also has 'Gestalt Circle'.

This allows them to create 'Radiate Horror Factor' with a combined level of 225.

The level-based HF of this power is one per three levels, or lvl/3. This equals 75. Adding the base 10 from the power, and we get a horror factor of 85.

Supposing we could somehow get together 30 level 30 psychics with radiate HF (I doubt that many exist, TBH), the level 900 version of the power would give a HF of 310.

Using actual characters from the books though, we can whip up a realistic scenario:

The average level of a Deevil Wraith is 5.5 , we can round that up to 6 considering there are a lot of them and the more experienced ones could be chosen. Each adds 2 HF to the pool due to this. Since Wraiths aren't monopolized by any of the lords, Mephisto has access to smoe. This guy has ALL psychic abilities, at 16th level. That means that in addition to himself, he can link 15 wraiths w/ RadHF via GC. That means a pool of +30 to HF added to his own. That means 12 (they're all evil) +5+30, or a HF of 47 which Mephisto could casually generate when trying to torture his prisoners.

But forget Wraiths, they suck. Let's look at Pandemoniums. According to Dyval book, they're level 9 on average, no rounding required (in D+G their average level used to be 4.5). That means we get 3 HF per each one in a circle. They answer only to Sahtalus. We don't know of any high level 'has all psionics' character to lead the circle, so let's just say they find a level 10 Pandemonium (slightly above average) to lead it.

12 base + 30 (3x10) = a HF of 42 which ol' Satan can have his minions collectively unleash if they wish.

Hades isn't to be left out though. The Demon Lord Abdul-Ra is a 20th level mind mage with all super. He commands the Raksasha who can select 4 super psi and their average level's 7.5. I don't have the Hades sourcebook yet so I don't know how many of these has has to command, but I imagine rounding up 20 who are level 9+ and who selected Radiate HF (seems like it'd be a popular power for Raksasha) wouldn't be that hard.

Even being conservative though, let's say Abdul is only able to find a bunch of lvl 6 Raksasha with RadHF. 2HF per participant is 40, plus 6 coming in from Abdul's lvl 18, plus the 10 base (they're evil, but I counted 20 Raksasha when it should be 19) gives us a HF of 56 from our cat-in-love-with-an-ice-princess.

=========

Sadly I just realized there's a blurb in Gestalt Circle (for some reason under the 'attacks per melee' note) saying that the maximum is 8 members. I'm not clear if that refers to all aspects of the circle, or simply the max amount of attacks (2 per member, so 16) though... how to interpret that?

Assuming it does cap the members to 8 (leader + 7), this would reduce the calculations for the above evil guys a good lot. Abdul-ra and his 7 lvl6 Raksasha could only produce a HF of 12 + 6 + (7*2) or only 32 max, or 39 if you let the Raksasha be lvl 9. Mephisto and his 7 lvl 6 wraiths could only produce a HF of 12+5+7*2 or 31 max. Sahtalus' gang of 8 experienced lvl9 pandemoniums could produce a HF of 12 + 8*3 or a HF of 36.

I got wondering though, is there anything forbidding characters from forming more than one gestalt circle simultaneously? It doesn't seem to say that anywhere...

For example: let's say we have 7 level 8 master psis with the Gestalt circle power, and they each form and lead a circle with 7 underlings. Could another level 8 master psi come along and link those 7 leaders in a new circle?

If that happened, I'm wondering how that'd work. If it would pool the boosted XP levels, or only the base levels.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Giant2005
Knight

It is sad to say but it turns out a Power Leech is the scariest thing in the Megaverse...
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Thraxus in a speedo.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Johnathan
Adventurer

Unread post by Johnathan »

Cormal's Mother. Cause, let's face it, there can't anything scarier than a demon planet, the size of Jupiter, in an Apron wielding a Planet-Sized Frying Pan of DOOOOOOOM!

"Cormal!! You get you butt back here RIGHT NOW and clean your room!! It's full of destroyed planets and dirty underwear! Billions of years old and you still leave skid marks!!"
"But Mooooooom! I'm destroying the galaxy!
"But nothing Young Man! You march your rear back here right now! You can help the Demons destroy the Megaverse once you've cleaned your room! They'll still be trying anyway..."
"Okay mom..."
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

In the case of 'scary' being based purely on HF... anything HF 19
Otherwise, the scariest thing in the megaverse... a GM in a really bad mood
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
taalismn
Priest

JuliusCreed wrote:In the case of 'scary' being based purely on HF... anything HF 19
Otherwise, the scariest thing in the megaverse... a GM in a really bad mood

Or with the latest 'monster-themed' game source book.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

The minor old one in the Palladium Fantasy Old Ones book has a HF level of "Save vs insanity if the players are dumb enough to actually enter the prisons inner sanctuary".

I don't think you can get worse than a horror factor that bypasses Save vs HF and goes right to asve vs. insanity.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Brimstone wrote:A Nuruni sales Representative with really really easy payment plans and low-low interests rates!

:lol: Nice.

Nuruni sales Representative: "Pay no attention to the Army of Repo Bots dismembering my former client. Really!"
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

For me, it's still one of the Old Ones - there are no stats for them. But to look at them less to make physical/psionical contact can drive a character insane.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Floopers.
'nuff said.
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Floopers.
'nuff said.

Ninja BioBorg Flooper Assassins in Clown Outfits.
Singing karaoke.
For your birthday.
Just before they disembowel you.
With their teeth.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Hands down... Plot immunity.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Johnathan
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:
'nuff said.

Singing karaoke.
For your birthday.
With their teeth.

You're sick, Man! SIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

I like it! :ok:
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

taalismn wrote:
'nuff said.

Singing karaoke.
For your birthday.
With their teeth.

:roll:

Flooper Timelords.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Okay; being serious now?
Living nightmares from 'Beyond the shadows'.
Or the Flesh sculptor from 'Through the glass darkly'

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Giant2005 wrote:It is sad to say but it turns out a Power Leech is the scariest thing in the Megaverse...
So it seems, situationally, circumstantially.

We should figure out just how big they need to be to pass that HF19 barrier though. *seeks out his Psyscape* You can't scare people too well if you can't fit inside their house.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:The minor old one in the Palladium Fantasy Old Ones book
1st ed or 2nd ed? Do they mention it by name? Is it one of the big named ones, or one of those 'maybe it's a lesser old one' types which potentially includes Apsu, the Lord of the Deep, Nxla or Vampire Intelligences?

Nekira Sudacne wrote:has a HF level of "Save vs insanity if the players are dumb enough to actually enter the prisons inner sanctuary". I don't think you can get worse than a horror factor that bypasses Save vs HF and goes right to asve vs. insanity.
Not worse but... isn't that similar to what happens to those who see The Dark via the Dark Portal in Moloch's base in Nightlands?

kirkpicard wrote:It's been a while since i read it, but in Wormwood, i believe there is a NPC with a HF of 19 as well.
I must assume this is the Unholy. I think being the Host's leader might give a boost to that. Shouldn't the eyepatch make him less scary? Or possibly more?

DhAkael wrote:Okay; being serious now? Living nightmares from 'Beyond the shadows'. Or the Flesh sculptor from 'Through the glass darkly'
The latter just wanna heal people. Sure they're scary if they capture you and want to torture you, but so's anybody. As for LNs, that varies widely on whatever powers they possess. A lot of them are barely worse than sentient dream personas. I could potentially be far more afraid of a Guilt Eater, Soul Leech or Morpheomoth than some of the lower tier living nightmares.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

The Portal leading to the Dark.

Most people (meaning you the players) have a -10 to save vs. insanity, and if you fail.......you essentially have to roll up a new character, as you are essentially rendered permanently almost mindless.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Somebody help me out on this, because math isn't my strong suit....

Situation 1: A normal person (no bonuses) facing off against a monster with HF 19 would have a 5% chance of making their save vs. Horror.
Situation 2: A normal person (no bonuses) facing off against a monster with a HF 10, who was holding a Bandit BigBore Shotgun (HF: 12) would have to make two checks, one with a 50% chance of success, and one with a 40% chance of success.

In which scenario would the human have the best chance of making their save vs. Horror, and why?

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Killer Cyborg wrote:Somebody help me out on this, because math isn't my strong suit....

Situation 1: A normal person (no bonuses) facing off against a monster with HF 19 would have a 5% chance of making their save vs. Horror.
Situation 2: A normal person (no bonuses) facing off against a monster with a HF 10, who was holding a Bandit BigBore Shotgun (HF: 12) would have to make two checks, one with a 50% chance of success, and one with a 40% chance of success.

In which scenario would the human have the best chance of making their save vs. Horror, and why?
Ummmm....average out both percentages in the second example, for an average Save of about 45%??

Still seems like a hell of a lot better than the 5% chance to me.

Giant2005
Knight

Killer Cyborg wrote:Somebody help me out on this, because math isn't my strong suit....

If you are rolling twice in situation 2, the character would have a 20% chance of making both saves.
I'm not sure I'd have them roll twice though, having someone roll multiple times against multiple entities is one thing but a scary monster with a scary weapon is still one entity.
BTW,
Situation 3: A normal person (no bonuses) facing off against a monster with a HF 10, who was holding a Bandit BigBore Shotgun (HF: 12) and was under the influence of a level 1 Armor Bizarre (HF: 9) would have to make three checks, one with a 50% chance of success, one with a 40% chance of success and one with a 55% chance of success.
In situation 3, that normal person would have an 11% chance of succeeding in all three rolls.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Tor wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:The minor old one in the Palladium Fantasy Old Ones book
1st ed or 2nd ed? Do they mention it by name? Is it one of the big named ones, or one of those 'maybe it's a lesser old one' types which potentially includes Apsu, the Lord of the Deep, Nxla or Vampire Intelligences?

Yes, it's mentioned by name, but not one of the "Big" named ones. nor is it a "maybe" lesser old one--it's explicitly stated to be a lesser old one with absolutely no room for confusion. It also had a name but i'd have to get up and figure out where I left the book to type it out. the stats are only in the 1st ed book. the second ed book has much the same buildup but cuts the actual statblock

Nekira Sudacne wrote:has a HF level of "Save vs insanity if the players are dumb enough to actually enter the prisons inner sanctuary". I don't think you can get worse than a horror factor that bypasses Save vs HF and goes right to asve vs. insanity.
Not worse but... isn't that similar to what happens to those who see The Dark via the Dark Portal in Moloch's base in Nightlands
[/quote]

Well yes, it is. at that point humans don't really have a scale to compare them. is untransformed Xy scarier than The Dark? there's no tool to mesure.
Last edited by Nekira Sudacne on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Giant2005 wrote:

If you are rolling twice in situation 2, the character would have a 20% chance of making both saves.

Okay, that sounds right.

I'm not sure I'd have them roll twice though, having someone roll multiple times against multiple entities is one thing but a scary monster with a scary weapon is still one entity.

Agreed. But the rules never support that natural inclination, so by-the-book, they might well all stack.

BTW,
Situation 3: A normal person (no bonuses) facing off against a monster with a HF 10, who was holding a Bandit BigBore Shotgun (HF: 12) and was under the influence of a level 1 Armor Bizarre (HF: 9) would have to make three checks, one with a 50% chance of success, one with a 40% chance of success and one with a 55% chance of success.
In situation 3, that normal person would have an 11% chance of succeeding in all three rolls.

Nice. :ok:

Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

cornholioprime wrote:The Portal leading to the Dark.

Most people (meaning you the players) have a -10 to save vs. insanity, and if you fail.......you essentially have to roll up a new character, as you are essentially rendered permanently almost mindless.

I recall this is only in the case of humans. Non-human chars like banes/guardians also get penalties and can get insanities from the process, but not as extensive as humans in the whole 'you're a gibbering vegetable mess' type extremity.

I think Squires/Princes/Princesses/Lords also get lower penalties, though only being someone bonded to it (Moloch/Mocker/maybeFoulseedInTheFutureBecauseHeIsAwesome) gets no penalties.

They really should come out with rules on how to become a Night Squire and how to become a Night Lord in turn. I know they transform you, but the way they talk about sorcerers learning how to become them it seems very OCCish.

I don't think it would be the first learnable RCC out there. Psychics aren't the only non-racial RCCS...
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Karl Prosek. In. A. SPEEDO. Truly, the stuff of nightmares.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Johnathan
Adventurer

Enlightened Immortal Mega-Hero Super Dimensional Dragon God!

... Sorry. I just couldn't resist!
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

BookWyrm wrote:Karl Prosek. In. A. SPEEDO. Truly, the stuff of nightmares.
If Erin Tarn is still sexually worshipped in the NGR I imagine Karl has legions of female fans.
Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Unread post by Blindscout »

Tor wrote:
BookWyrm wrote:Karl Prosek. In. A. SPEEDO. Truly, the stuff of nightmares.
If Erin Tarn is still sexually worshipped in the NGR I imagine Karl has legions of female fans.

Either way....... :puke:
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

I forget Karl's PB, but men can have ugly mugs and awesome bods. I expect Karl would be majorly benefitting from every bit of cutting edge anti-aging research to keep him ripped up.

Karl Prosek can bench 500lbs: truth.

Return to “Rifts®”