LMFAO! The "music" of Robotech. English dub

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jay05
Adventurer

LMFAO! The "music" of Robotech. English dub

Unread post by Jay05 »

lol, so watching the New Gen/Mospeada section of Robotech. And am lmfao at the fact that I actually like Lancer/Yellow dancer's music! It's really not too bad for 80's pop/rock. And especially when compared to Minmei! I'm guessing it's really because the dude who did Lancer's voice could actually carry a tune!
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Re: LMFAO! The "music" of Robotech. English dub

Unread post by AzathothXy »

The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

lol, cool! They sort of ambushed him didn't they! lol
rtsurfer
Adventurer

Unread post by rtsurfer »

Michael Bradley released two cds that are very good remakes of his songs and music from Robotech:
Lonely Soldier Boy I & II

Too bad Harmony Gold apparently doesn't want to use the remade versons of his songs and bgm on the Yellow Dancer OVA, Robotech: Love Live Alive. I hope they change their minds before the OVA is completed.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Ya, he is preaty good.
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Jay05 wrote:lol, so watching the New Gen/Mospeada section of Robotech. And am lmfao at the fact that I actually like Lancer/Yellow dancer's music! It's really not too bad for 80's pop/rock. And especially when compared to Minmei! I'm guessing it's really because the dude who did Lancer's voice could actually carry a tune!

Yeah, unlike Rebecca Forstadt, Michael Bradley is actually a professional musician and can carry a tune without needing a bucket to keep it in. That said, I still like many of the fan remixes of his songs more than the originals.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Gryphon wrote:I came across the youtube for the Robotech movie recently.

The editing is pretty well done, and the concept laudable, but the result looks a little bit like regurgitated scrambled eggs.

Oh, believe me... you don't get the full effect until you've seen a pristine VHS copy of the film. On even a small TV, the edit job they did looks terrible. The radical shifts in image quality caused by trying to splice together two different film sizes and pass it off as one contiguous film are slightly more jarring than going over a succession of speed bumps at 80mph.

Gryphon wrote:Overall a pretty good effort that fails to impress honestly. And that would be as a direct to VCR effort. As an attempt at a theatrical presentation, you have to wonder what they were thinking really.

There's no mystery there. We know exactly what they were thinking when they made that, because they told us. Carl was hoping to do a dub/rewrite of Megazone 23 part 1 as a Macross Saga side story and Tatsunoko Pro. told him doing that was absolutely out-of-bounds because they didn't want any confusion between his mess and the real Macross film the studio was promoting at the time (DYRL). So Carl had to make the best of a bad situation by moving his story forwards into the Masters Saga era, which unfortunately was the least popular of Robotech's three sagas even then, and made it an unpleasant side story to the Masters invasion that the distributor thought wasn't action-y or robot-packed enough and had Macek hire a studio to produce new footage on the cheap to fix it.

(Basically, what they were thinking was they were going to take a great OVA and connect it to the one part of Robotech that actually counts for anything and make megabucks... at least until Tatsunoko gave them a slap on the wrist and told them that was a no-no, then they were thinking "Well balls, how do we haul our arses out of the fire now?")
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
MilkManX
Wanderer
Comment: Not a fan boy or a purist. I like to play Robotech because the game world is fun and interesting much like the 1985 show.

Unread post by MilkManX »

Yes. Lancers songs are much better than what we got with the Robotech Minmei.

Helps when you have a real singer. I think that was another reason I love the New Gen part of Robotech the most.
http://robotechfans.proboards.com

You're out here on your own.
Lonely soldier boy.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

i like the shows music. Especially Lancers.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Gryphon wrote:And oddly enough, the music doesn't suck, but it falls heavily into the mech category of mid 80s efforts at pop really.

Yeah, RT:TUS music is pretty decent. It's on the Perfect Collection CD (both editions I have). They had "3-Dog Night" do one song for the movie.
bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

You haven't LOL'd at Robotech Music until you've heard the ORIGINAL English theme song. All I can say is:

Do you remember Bill Murray singing "Star Wars"?
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

:lol:
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

LOL, I honestly don't remember the original opening theme. Isn't this a bit of thread necromancy? LOL
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

bar1scorpio wrote:You haven't LOL'd at Robotech Music until you've heard the ORIGINAL English theme song. All I can say is:

What the Duce! When did this happen?
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Kryptt wrote:
bar1scorpio wrote:You haven't LOL'd at Robotech Music until you've heard the ORIGINAL English theme song. All I can say is:

What the Duce! When did this happen?

It was as on Saturday Night Live, IIRC.
They can't see me...Right!?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Nothing compares in horror to the French version of the Robotech opening anthem...with words yet!
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”