Would you allow this?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Does Bio-Aura allow armour to heal itself?

Yes
22%
No
15%
Boobies
63%

Total votes: 27

Zamion138
Hero

Re: Would you allow this?

Unread post by Zamion138 »

If it works for villians and antagonists i suppose
Galroth
Adventurer

Unread post by Galroth »

I'd only allow it if the armour were organic and still alive. Like a Bio-wizard symbiot armour, or Millennium tree leaf poncho. Something like that, but if the armour in question were metal, Kevlar or some other non-living thing then no.
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

Galroth wrote:I'd only allow it if the armour were organic and still alive. Like a Bio-wizard symbiot armour, or Millennium tree leaf poncho. Something like that, but if the armour in question were metal, Kevlar or some other non-living thing then no.

I'm going to second this. Only applies so far as it fits. Regeneration is of the flesh, so it would need to be an armor of the flesh (ish). Now, impervious to fire or cold can work for any kind of armor. See the difference?
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Answered yes in the poll, but the real question to ask is whether the character's healing factor is 'power' based or strictly a biological trait. Fun consequences come out of these kinds of questions and I always say they are important to establish.
For the purposes of this question, if the power itself is rebuilding the character, often the case with more extreme forms of rebuilding, then I would say that Bio-Aura could extend this effect to personal gear, within reason. For example I wouldn't let it restore damage that took place outside of the character's possession, no repairing any ol' damaged thing you pick up, but if you have the power extended to it via Bio-Aura at the time it is damaged, sure.

Healing that is a strictly biological trait I would not extend to anything with Bio-Aura, any more than I would a normal person's ability to heal (though if a player asked for that specifically at creation, I would consider allowing it, along with some of Lucky's purposed side effects.)
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
twingle93
Wanderer

Unread post by twingle93 »

I would rule only if the character were a god or cosmic level entity and only as a rule of cool, for example, a Galactus-level character's armor and helmet regenerating after a huge battle with a Demon Planet. We would see first his flesh healing, and then the hole in the armor healing.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I answered Boobies because...I like them, but I would only allow Bio-Aura to heal living armors.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Lucky wrote:Or you could say yes, but as a side effect the armor takes on other characteristics of the wearer: gets frostbite, sunburn, needs to be shaved, bleeds, etc.

Could be funny.

Needs to be shaved!! lol. So would metal armor collect those little magnetic iron fillings like in the old Wooly Willy toys?

Or are you talking actual hair that could get dirty, need washed, collect fleas, nits, lice, dandruff, snag on things if it grew to long, become uncomfortable in hot weather, be all frazzled if you didn't groom it (bed head armor lol wut?!)
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:

Return to “G.M.s Forum”