Heroes Unlimited 1e Revised

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Heroes Unlimited 1e Revised

Unread post by MikeM »

I was looking through the Palladium store and found that they are still selling the first edition, revised book. I have my original beat up copy that I used through all my college years in the 90's and afterwards.

It just came in on Friday and it looks great. Flipping through it brought back a lot of memories.

Just wanted to share.

Oh and yes, I do own 2nd edition. 3 copies in fact.
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Heroes Unlimited 1e Revised

Unread post by Mediapig71 »

I played the hell out of the that version... there are still some things in there I prefer to 2e (Special Training for one)
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Was Special Training better in some ways, in the past?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

I don't recall the exact specifics, but I do remember liking certain things better... I feel like there were more possibilities for special training, although I may be mixing this up with 1e. Also, I seem to remember some of the additional powers (like the ancient masters chi blast) not being present, which I prefer. I could be wrong though, it's been ages since I saw the book.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Technically speaking, the 1st edition "revised" [blue cover with the word "revised" on it] is more akin to a 2nd edition while the current "white cover/2nd edition" is a 3.0 or 3rd edition.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Does anyone remember how 1e Revised handled special training? I feel like it was a bit different, but maybe I'm wrong.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”