Grackletooth Regeneration and other questions.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Grackletooth Regeneration and other questions.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

According to D-Bees of North America. The Mighty Grackletooth regenerates at a rate of 4d6/24hrs and regenerate tails, first question.
Will they regenerate like Gargoyles, lost limbs, damaged organs etc?
Second Question
If they can regenerate limbs would the rate of regeneration be the same as the tail?
Third Question
Say I have a Grackletooth with a PS in the high 30's can I use paired grenade launchers (shooting wild of course).
Fourth Question.
Does a called shot with melee weapons count as two attacks?
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Grackletooth Regeneration and other questions.

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

first question.

No, they are not a supernatual being.
Second Question
If they can regenerate limbs would the rate of regeneration be the same as the tail?

It would be the same if they did.
Third Question
Say I have a Grackletooth with a PS in the high 30's can I use paired grenade launchers (shooting wild of course).

yes.
Fourth Question.

yes
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from Catalonia

Unread post by mobuttu »

Greyaxe wrote:According to D-Bees of North America. The Mighty Grackletooth regenerates at a rate of 4d6/24hrs and regenerate tails, first question.

No, only tail regeneration capacity. Thinks of lizards' tail autotomy.

Greyaxe wrote:Second Question

See answer #1.

Greyaxe wrote:Fourth Question.

I have always done it that way.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Thanks for the quick responses and consensus. I appreciate it.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Actually, the called shot with a melee weapon does not count as two attacks. I remember seeing it somewhere, but I don't have immediate access to my books to confirm that.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

dragonfett wrote:Actually, the called shot with a melee weapon does not count as two attacks. I remember seeing it somewhere, but I don't have immediate access to my books to confirm that.

Do you know whcih book that would be in? RUE? I will try to confirm it.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Lots of folks seem to think it is 2 actions but i had never heard that before. I know aiming costs an avtion, but they aren't the same thing.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

dragonfett wrote:Actually, the called shot with a melee weapon does not count as two attacks. I remember seeing it somewhere, but I don't have immediate access to my books to confirm that.

Until Dead Reign I wasn't even clear that you could normally make called shots with melee weapons.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

iirc, the one action thing is not official... but there is a mention that it's a single action to stake a vampire's heart (which is presumably an aimed shot) in the old vampire kingdoms book. no idea if that stayed in the new version... and frankly, in the RMB i don't think an aimed shot was considered to be 2 actions either, so i'm not sure i would consider it conclusive proof that it should be a single action to aim a melee attack under RUE rules either.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Alrik Vas wrote:Lots of folks seem to think it is 2 actions but i had never heard that before. I know aiming costs an avtion, but they aren't the same thing.

I thought that aiming was only for ranged attacks.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown

Return to “Rifts®”