Pantheons of the Megaverse the black sheep of Rifts?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Seneca
Explorer
Comment: When choosing between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Pantheons of the Megaverse the black sheep of Rifts?

Unread post by Seneca »

I just bought the new Vampire source book and was pleasantly surprised to see mention of the Sons of Quetzalcoatl from the old Pantheons Conversion Book 2. Kudos to the author who remembered the group and thought to include them. I was abit disappointed that there was no mention of the Aztec gods from CB:2 Pantheons, however.

So this mention and the Daughter of Zeus in Splynn Dimensional market makes two references to Pantheons in the past, what, 15 years since CB:2 was written? So why does Palladium not include more references to the gods and pretenders included in Pantheons? Is it a curse of the book being a C.J. Carella write up? Or something else?
What books I would like to see:
RIFTS-Japan 2, England 2, Africa 2, China 3, Lazlo (PLEASE!!)
Phase World- The Galactic Tracers Sourcebook
A RIFTS video game RPG/Shooter like Fallout 3
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Pantheons of the Megaverse the black sheep of Rifts?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

More likely because it's intended for the gods to so rarely intervine that 2 times is about right.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

I have been told that Palladium prefers to keep books exclusive to themselves wherever possible. So, they like new books to have new material (as a general rule), rather than tapping old material (which is something any G.M. who owns the books can do).
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Unless they can toss in the Simvan one more time.

:D
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Marrowlight wrote:Unless they can toss in the Simvan one more time.

:D

Or the 5 inch tall psi-staler :D
4 books and counting... glad they stopped just cut & pasting for R:ue. :frust:
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

look at the places where dieties have played a bigger role. you have the empire of the sun in SA, where the Inca pantheon is having a grand time lording it over an ever increasing number of demi-gods.
you have Omagua, where three different feline affiliated dieties have been carefully building up a pretty potent nation.
you have Africa, where the egyption pantheon is stuck in intrigues with the splugorth and pheonix empire, as well as working to save all life on the planet.

if a Deity shopws up, suddenly your campaign needs a label "epic inside".. they are so powerful that you can't really use them for 'normal' stuff. it would be like asking why we never see Thor and ironman pulling petty-theft deterrent patrol with spiderman and daredevil..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

glitterboy2098 wrote:if a Deity shopws up, suddenly your campaign needs a label "epic inside".. they are so powerful that you can't really use them for 'normal' stuff. it would be like asking why we never see Thor and ironman pulling petty-theft deterrent patrol with spiderman and daredevil..

Deities slumming it are some of my favorite stories, personally. Just because they are so powerful doesn't mean they have to whip it out at all times - "having fun with the mortals and all" is actually a lot of fun.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Marrowlight wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:if a Deity shopws up, suddenly your campaign needs a label "epic inside".. they are so powerful that you can't really use them for 'normal' stuff. it would be like asking why we never see Thor and ironman pulling petty-theft deterrent patrol with spiderman and daredevil..

Deities slumming it are some of my favorite stories, personally. Just because they are so powerful doesn't mean they have to whip it out at all times - "having fun with the mortals and all" is actually a lot of fun.

Another thing you're forgeting... gods keep on being [censored]'s and banishing each other to Earth as "puny mortals" to "teach them a lesson" and so on & so forth.

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Eclipse
Adventurer

Unread post by Eclipse »

Yeah whipping it out all the time is something left to the pantheon leaders like Zeus. It's good to be the king! (of the gods) :)
And if... somone whipped out a mini gun. We run and hide. lol.

Now.. some guys won't... and you can say nice things at their funeral. "He was a brave soul.... if stupid.. he didn't take cover when the guy whipped out the mini gun on us that day.. but his blood-fountaining corpse did give us a chance to sneak around and clonk the machine gunner on the head with a rock. Rest in Pieces.... Swiss Cheese Man.....

Pepsi Jedi
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

glitterboy2098 wrote:look at the places where dieties have played a bigger role. you have the empire of the sun in SA, where the Inca pantheon is having a grand time lording it over an ever increasing number of demi-gods.
you have Omagua, where three different feline affiliated dieties have been carefully building up a pretty potent nation.
you have Africa, where the egyption pantheon is stuck in intrigues with the splugorth and pheonix empire, as well as working to save all life on the planet.

if a Deity shopws up, suddenly your campaign needs a label "epic inside".. they are so powerful that you can't really use them for 'normal' stuff. it would be like asking why we never see Thor and ironman pulling petty-theft deterrent patrol with spiderman and daredevil..

That is why you have hulk and dead pool
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Seneca wrote:I just bought the new Vampire source book and was pleasantly surprised to see mention of the Sons of Quetzalcoatl from the old Pantheons Conversion Book 2. Kudos to the author who remembered the group and thought to include them.

:ok: You're welcome!
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.

Return to “Rifts®”