Character query

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AmberImmortal
Wanderer

Character query

Unread post by AmberImmortal »

I have a certain character in mind that I would like to create. I wanted an Analytical Genius/Weapons Expert ('cause, evidently, you can do that) who wore an exolskeleton (as allowed for the Analytical Genius budget) but, who also had physical ailments/disabilites. Are there any certain rules for this? I don't see why anyone would begrudge me adding on some cons to my character (after all, it's the opposite of overpowering) But, I'm wondering if there's a way to make an empowered character that has all of this. Again, I don't want him overpowered I specifically want him to lack super powers of any kind. I just want him to be an Analytical Genius/Weapons expert with a low end exoskelton. I know I can make an Empowered Character who is essentially a robotics character but, I want, instead, to make an empowered who's an Analytical Genius. Is this (or something like it) possible?
I...see your +15 to dodge and raise y-I'M THE @&*!-ING G.M!!!!
Ranger
Adventurer
Comment: Tucker Did It!

Re: Character query

Unread post by Ranger »

Yes. Just make sure you identify what the negatives are for being out of the power armor.
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

AmberImmortal wrote:I have a certain character in mind that I would like to create. I wanted an Analytical Genius/Weapons Expert ('cause, evidently, you can do that) who wore an exolskeleton (as allowed for the Analytical Genius budget) but, who also had physical ailments/disabilites. Are there any certain rules for this? I don't see why anyone would begrudge me adding on some cons to my character (after all, it's the opposite of overpowering) But, I'm wondering if there's a way to make an empowered character that has all of this. Again, I don't want him overpowered I specifically want him to lack super powers of any kind. I just want him to be an Analytical Genius/Weapons expert with a low end exoskelton. I know I can make an Empowered Character who is essentially a robotics character but, I want, instead, to make an empowered who's an Analytical Genius. Is this (or something like it) possible?

For some reason I think of Doctor B from Tekken...

As for the actual question, I don't think that would be a problem, just switch out the empowered "powers list" for the robotics "budget".

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
AmberImmortal
Wanderer

Unread post by AmberImmortal »

Well, there is already an option for an Empowered to be a Robotics character as well, complete with disabilites. I was just wondering if the same could be done for making them an analytical genius.
I...see your +15 to dodge and raise y-I'M THE @&*!-ING G.M!!!!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”