CEF:All, Control all elements listed in HU2, and from Post??

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ESREVER333
Wanderer

CEF:All, Control all elements listed in HU2, and from Post??

Unread post by ESREVER333 »

I've run across Control Elemental Force: All, in one of the Palladium books. So is that only 4 popular elements, Fire, Earth, Water, and Air? Or is it all elements listed in HU2, AU, VU, PU1, PU2, and PU3 books and posted New Powers combined?
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: CEF:All, Control all elements listed in HU2, and from Po

Unread post by NMI »

ESREVER333 wrote:I've run across Control Elemental Force: All, in one of the Palladium books. So is that only 4 popular elements, Fire, Earth, Water, and Air? Or is it all elements listed in HU2, AU, VU, PU1, PU2, and PU3 books and posted New Powers combined?

I think you would need to post the book you saw this in, page, etc.. If it is something from Palladium Fantasy: Island at the Edge of the World, this is then a magical circle and not a super power. The magical circle is just the four more commonly known elements.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

OP should keep in mind that it does need to say "Control Elemental Force" in full, it can't simply be a 'Control' power. PU1 has "Control Density" for example, and PU2 has "Control the Void", but Density and Void are not specified as Elemental Forces.

Just what powers are you referring to OP?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
ESREVER333
Wanderer

Unread post by ESREVER333 »

I believe I read that in Rifter source book, can't remember which issue. It was a mutant Major super ability that said, "Control Elemental Force: All" I recall it listed only 4 popular elements. My question is can we use other Control Elemental Force listed on the Forum combined with this one?
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Considering this is a Rifter ability, you're already outside of canon, so it's up to the GM what you include. If you have a fan power that lets you get all CEF (I'm not clear on the balance there) and want to include CEFs invented on the forums, you can go crazy, up to GM if he allows it or not. Heck even canonical rules-legal stuff is up to GMs.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

I think you're thinking of Rifter #12 for The Geiger Organization and Hugh Younger's Masks of Power. The Silver Mask creates Alter Physical Structure powers with its corresponding element. The way it's phrased, in theory, the mask could have ALL the CEF powers when they become that particular APS.
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

level 4 edit
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Ah I might know what OP is getting at, was thumbing through Rifter 1 recently, pg 74-5 has twi by Aaron Oliver: "Control Elemental Force: Kinetic Energy" and "Control Elemental Force: Time". A lot of the powers in this look to have been adapted into HU2, in this case CEFKE became "Control Kinetic Energy" (HU2pg266) and I think CEFT may have influenced Slow Motion Control (HU2pg287) to some limited degree. That power doesn't credit Aaron like CKE does. I think the power was altered so heavily because of its references to Transdimensional TMNT which Kevin probably wanted to bury.

The rifter index thread doesn't list anything from Rifter 1 being canon, sadly, even though a lot of the powers look a lot like they do in HU2. I think I prefer Aaron's original ability due to the TMNT links.
Adventus
Wanderer

Unread post by Adventus »

This is in Heroes Unlimited Original Edition page 108. It state that this lucky individual gets to control all 4 elemental forces: Earth, Air, Water and Fire. It specifically mentions those ones. Any others are up to the GM. It is considered ONE Major Power.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

DUDE. I clearly need to get this original edition.

I suppose it's no more unfair than rolling SHPS instead of ExPS, or the way you can even roll SNPS on the minor super abilities table. =/
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Adventus wrote:This is in Heroes Unlimited Original Edition page 108. It state that this lucky individual gets to control all 4 elemental forces: Earth, Air, Water and Fire. It specifically mentions those ones. Any others are up to the GM. It is considered ONE Major Power.

Yup! Technically, the HU2 white cover is the "3rd Edition" as it is completely different from HU "revised" and HU "revised" is completely different from "HU".
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

It'd be nice if there was some consistency in titling. I'd definitely preferred numbered editions instead of 'revised' or 'ultimate' ones.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Tor wrote:It'd be nice if there was some consistency in titling. I'd definitely preferred numbered editions instead of 'revised' or 'ultimate' ones.

I have no problem with the naming scheme in this case. When the "2nd blue cover HU" came out, it was in fact a "revised" version of the 1st blue cover. They both used a very similar ruleset, just updated.

They did the same for
Aliens Unlimited / revised
Ninjas and Super Spies / revised
TMNT / TMNT Other Strangeness revised
Return of the Robotech Masters / revised

They were slightly different with the PFRPG corebooks

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”