When IS the UEEF Marine sourcebook supposed to come out?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mech798
Dungeon Crawler

When IS the UEEF Marine sourcebook supposed to come out?

Unread post by mech798 »

It's been on the "Coming soon" page for a month of sundays. Because honestly, as much as people liked genesis pits, it seems that UEEF marines would be an even better selling product.
Arnie100
Knight

Re: When IS the UEEF Marine sourcebook supposed to come out?

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Don't expect it any time soon. That book should've been out three or four YEARS ago.
Last edited by Arnie100 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They can't see me...Right!?
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

"When it's ready" is the usual mantra, yes?

Personally, I'm not in any rush (since GAGraphic is set to brutalize my wallet on the 30th for the two new Gundam Master Archive books), but it's anyone's guess whether it's Harmony Gold or the writers holding things up. I'd guess we'll see it when the annual convention tour's over.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

mech798 wrote:It's been on the "Coming soon" page for a month of sundays. Because honestly, as much as people liked genesis pits, it seems that UEEF marines would be an even better selling product.

it was shelved when Marker was fired.

Marker had completed the manuscript, and then within a very short time was fired. Kevin stated that it did go through Harmony Gold's approval process, but was s-canned. It was going in a direction that HG didn't want. Since then, the Manuscript was being rewritten by a 'Freelancer'. At this point, I am not sure if it was supposed to be Irvin Jackson or the 'Secret New Writer'
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

It was supposed to be Irvin....just not sure if it still is.

I say December Xmas grab bags in the year Not-Likely-Anytime-Soon but we'll see.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
mech798
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by mech798 »

Tiree wrote:
mech798 wrote:It's been on the "Coming soon" page for a month of sundays. Because honestly, as much as people liked genesis pits, it seems that UEEF marines would be an even better selling product.

Marker had completed the manuscript, and then within a very short time was fired. Kevin stated that it did go through Harmony Gold's approval process, but was s-canned. It was going in a direction that HG didn't want. Since then, the Manuscript was being rewritten by a 'Freelancer'. At this point, I am not sure if it was supposed to be Irvin Jackson or the 'Secret New Writer'

Wow, I hope he was paid a kill fee. presuming there's any communication between writer and publisher at all, a completed manuscript is a very, very late poitn to kill a project. OTH, if HG killed it-- well, the publisher has no say in that, and I woudn't be surprised if HG decided to not say anything about the product when it was being written and then killed it when it was completed. If that's the case... well, were I PB, I might strongly consider backburnering anyting else robotech related.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

mech798 wrote:
Tiree wrote:

Wow, I hope he was paid a kill fee. presuming there's any communication between writer and publisher at all, a completed manuscript is a very, very late poitn to kill a project. OTH, if HG killed it-- well, the publisher has no say in that, and I woudn't be surprised if HG decided to not say anything about the product when it was being written and then killed it when it was completed. If that's the case... well, were I PB, I might strongly consider backburnering anyting else robotech related.

I am not 100% sure on how payments work but from what I get is this:
Freelance Writers only get paid after the book gets published
Staff Writers are paid a Salary, not per book.

Marker was a Staff Writer, and thus would not see any money/royalties if the book was published or edited into something different.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

When I started gaming the PB system the Lemura book was already years late from it was anounced....and it was finaly published 18 years later. :wink:

Most of the time Rifts books get pushed to the head of the line cause 'Rifts go MOO$$$$'. So so long as the rifters are clamering for more rifts books for every other setting get delayed.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

We've got it scheduled for December, 2013.

Alex Marciniszyn
mech798
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by mech798 »

Ah, that's great news. Thanks!
Arnie100
Knight

AlexM wrote:We've got it scheduled for December, 2013.

Alex Marciniszyn

I shall put aside money for it, as it will make a great Christmas present...for myself!
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Alex Marciniszyn

Alex, I am sorry, as much as I'd like to, really really would like too because I REALLY want this book, all things being considered, I cannot honestly believe this will actually happen....I do hope I'm proven wrong.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

I got a bad feeling that it won't be out till early next year.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

jaymz wrote:

Alex Marciniszyn

Alex, I am sorry, as much as I'd like to, really really would like too because I REALLY want this book, all things being considered, I cannot honestly believe this will actually happen....I do hope I'm proven wrong.

Alex -

Unless you are using Marker's Original Manuscript, I highly doubt that it will hit December. And based on this week's Press Release, it looks like Mathew Clements is writing it (or am I wrong?). If that is the case, it still takes Kevin at least a month to go through edits, and HG another 2 months for approval and rewrites. Based on that - Kevin would have to dive into Marines after Northern Gun 1, then Dive into Northern Gun 2.

I'd probably sing a different tune if someone other than Kevin was doing the final edits on Robotech stuff. If that is Jeff Burke, then things could be different.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

UPDATE: Robotech® UEEF Marines™ Sourcebook One

We had a meeting about this book this afternoon, along with discussion about several additional sourcebooks for all eras of Robotech®. Matthew Clements will be taking a run at some of them.

IJ is still doing marines...

Robotech® UEEF Marines Sourcebook One

New mecha and weapons.
Aliens and space adventure.
Written by Irvin Jackson.
160 pages – Cat. No. 553 – $20.95 – December, 2013 release.
its gonna eb a whopper of a book to, 160 pages is like 400 pages of manga sized...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Chronicler
Adventurer
Comment: "... and that is why you should never put a spork in a toaster."
-Over heard conversation in highschool

Unread post by Chronicler »

I am hopeing that they would include new ships. I always like the ship designs and info on them. Also looking forward on any of the art in the book.
MilkManX
Wanderer
Comment: Not a fan boy or a purist. I like to play Robotech because the game world is fun and interesting much like the 1985 show.

Unread post by MilkManX »

So if they say December 2013 based on the track record I will say August 2014 is closer to the truth.
http://robotechfans.proboards.com

You're out here on your own.
Lonely soldier boy.
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Whenever it comes out, I'll be glad to see it.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

How about a little hint on the new mecha....Sentinels/MOSPEADA Destroids or just more of their Frankenmecha??
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Chris0013 wrote:How about a little hint on the new mecha....Sentinels/MOSPEADA Destroids or just more of their Frankenmecha??

I would honestly hope the Stupid franken mecha will go away, if this is a book about an actual military force, they should have actual military mecha, not spare-parts combined into aweful designs...
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
MilkManX
Wanderer
Comment: Not a fan boy or a purist. I like to play Robotech because the game world is fun and interesting much like the 1985 show.

Unread post by MilkManX »

I am hoping this is the stuff from the Sentinels era Campaign. That is what we are missing from the current revision of the RPG.
http://robotechfans.proboards.com

You're out here on your own.
Lonely soldier boy.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

MilkManX wrote:I am hoping this is the stuff from the Sentinels era Campaign. That is what we are missing from the current revision of the RPG.
I'd like t see the Sentinels mission destroids re-done for the new RPG... verses the Mospeda per-production battiloids..
I even think Hg is moving back toward using them since the MAC-3 appears in LLA.
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
MilkManX wrote:I am hoping this is the stuff from the Sentinels era Campaign. That is what we are missing from the current revision of the RPG.
I'd like t see the Sentinels mission destroids re-done for the new RPG... verses the Mospeda per-production battiloids..
I even think Hg is moving back toward using them since the MAC-3 appears in LLA.

I think both could be worked into the timeline...the Sentinels Destroids would be what the UEEF took when they started...after encountering and going to war with the Invid they developed something more capable against the Invid. The Sentinels models would have been transferred to reserve units.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Personally, I want to see:

- Pioneer Mission era ships: to include Pre-fit (and Refit) SDF-3, Banshee Class Drop Ships, and Pre (and Refit) Tokugawas.
- Sentinels style Destroids (since the Mini-MAC is now cannon as of LLA)
- New Gen style Destroids to compliment the already published Condor Destroid (especially the Tiger, which again is cannon according to the Wildstorm Comics)
- Various vehicles which are in the show (usually only in still shots), but have yet to be detailed: like the Tokugawa's "Vulture Space Fighter", Point K's "Volcano Fighter", and various UEDF/UEEF Tanks ("Tornado", "Highlander", "Anaconda".)
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

I just want to see Field marine gear/kits and some M.O.S. not clad in Cyclone. Not all troops are going to UEEF allied. Non-UEEF marines from colonies and other forces native on earth would be nice. As some forces won't have Cyclones.

Add:
Bangalore Blades
Breaching charges (door and non-door shaped)
Other types of SMG's
Proper Combat shields
K-9 units (even if only for planetary bodies.)
Non-lethal charges (stun, flash bang and sonic)
Combat Shotguns (Both MD breaching rounds, non breaching MD and Neural scatter shot for riot control.
throw in a Lexicon and selection of marine terms
some marine tactics
Some Marine etiquette and rank procedure that sort of thing
Some Famous or noted Marine units/Command personnel of note.
Marine used vehicles (FAV's, Can-am Motorcycles and Attack helicopter style shuttle to act as the new Huey)
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

This is supposed to be a UEEF Marines book. I would think th colonies would have their own books with their militia and not necessarily UEEF forces. Also post Masters war there are no forces beyond freedom fighters and whatever UEEF forces have arrived in the reclamation efforts and those particular forces would be covered by a UEEF Marines only book anyway.

And for the record (to everyone in general) I STILL don't like the UEEF moniker and still use REF in my games.....

\m/
Rimmerdal
Knight

jaymz wrote:This is supposed to be a UEEF Marines book. I would think th colonies would have their own books with their militia and not necessarily UEEF forces. Also post Masters war there are no forces beyond freedom fighters and whatever UEEF forces have arrived in the reclamation efforts and those particular forces would be covered by a UEEF Marines only book anyway.

And for the record (to everyone in general) I STILL don't like the UEEF moniker and still use REF in my games.....

It is a Marine book. A small section for non-REF marines would be nice just for sake of Non-Cyclone using REF marines would be nice.

I agree in theory the other colonies should have there own books, but we both know that won't happen that way. Unless they decide to do Colony books like they do Rifts World books and source books. Which would open the field up for lots of good Robotech action..but (there is always one of them.) the powers that be are touchy on content created, That and with so much material already there are going to looking at that first.

Not sure the Robotech people want to get confused with another product even if it is Rifts.
Last edited by Rimmerdal on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn wrote:

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Well I would think there are non-cyclone using marines IN the REF Marines. They should have their own VF pilots as well. One can hope that perhaps they produced the YF-4 in limited numbers for use by the REF Marine aviators....yeah I know not likely.

\m/
Rimmerdal
Knight

jaymz wrote:Well I would think there are non-cyclone using marines IN the REF Marines. They should have their own VF pilots as well. One can hope that perhaps they produced the YF-4 in limited numbers for use by the REF Marine aviators....yeah I know not likely.

Th VF isn't so much the issue they can just tranfer pilots over to the marines. A special marine VF selection might be cool. can never have too many VF's and cyclones.. :-D
taalismn wrote:

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

I've SEEN the art for the YF-4.....and they recently released images for it for the model in Tactics.....I could see it being a Marine unit.... :D

\m/
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Unread post by Sgt Anjay »

I just hope they aren't going with "MUHRICA IN SPACE" considering the traditions of marines go back hundreds of years before there even was a U.S.A.
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Yeah but IIRC marines were essentially naval infantry. It certainly looks like UEEF Marines will be more akin to US Marines.

\m/
Sgt Anjay
Hero

*sigh*

No, the US Marines didn't invent marines. At best, the USMC is just more extensive than traditional marines, in part due to serving double duty as a kind of shock troops.

...bloody hell, it's SO going to be MUHRICA IN SPACE...
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

I know they didn't invent marines, as I said as i understood it, Marines were essentially Naval Infantry. Obviously a little more specialized in training to be useful on a sip and at sea etc.

And I agree.....the USMC is essentially an invasion force.

\m/
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

jaymz wrote:I've SEEN the art for the YF-4.....and they recently released images for it for the model in Tactics.....I could see it being a Marine unit.... :D

and maybe the Omega fighter as a non-PC invid war period unit intended to replace it? (non-PC is wishlisting.. but you could justify it as an early attempt to make a fighter invisible to invid but using the newer energy weapons and such.. something that didn't see widespread use due to the advent of shadowtech..)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Omega or do you mean Gamma?

\m/
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

yeah.. why do i keep thinking Omega? :facepalm:
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

I wouldn't mind the Gamma being a Marine fighter. Not at all.

\m/
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Most marines around the world have the amphibious operation ("invasion") mission. It is one that came naturally with the decrease in the importance of boarding operations in naval warfare with the increase in the importance of naval gunnery. Again, the USMC is distinct only in its size in that regards. And that is in part because the USMC are given missions that don't have anything to do with being "marines", and instead roles that in other countries are undertaken by units like the French Foreign Legion and other elite shock troops.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

I see this more as a Pre-Masters/Post-Pioneer launch era source book. After all, we already have all(most of) the source material Post-reclamation.

I can see the UEEF/REF planning on using a force to take down a suspected Zentraedi defense forces around Tirol using small surgical boarding strikes on the large Zentraedi capitol ships, utilizing non-transformable destroids and hovertanks (and later Cyclones/Silverbacks as time goes on) rather than slug it out with the massive strength and might of the Zentraedi capitol ships with their smaller Tokugawa and Tristar class ships. They prolly expected any Zentraedi defenders left around Tirol to attempt to conduct heavy ship-to-ship combat and using a ship boarding Marine force would be a great way to counter that. Unfortunately the UEEF/REF ran into Invid Scouts with boosters running suicide attacks on Tristar and Tokugawa hulls.

Obviously by the time the UEEF/REF returns from the Pioneer mission, they had adjusted their R&D and tactics to counter the more agile Invid who rarely use capitol ships like the Zentraedi would. Prolly why we see no destroid use by the time of the Battle of Reflex Point. Instead, all ground forces were cyclone clad and supported by variable shadow fighters in battloid mode.

jaymz wrote:And for the record (to everyone in general) I STILL don't like the UEEF moniker and still use REF in my games.....

Ditto. Its what I grew up with, I keep using it.
Updated Aug 2015
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

jaymz wrote:Well I would think there are non-cyclone using marines IN the REF Marines. They should have their own VF pilots as well. One can hope that perhaps they produced the YF-4 in limited numbers for use by the REF Marine aviators....yeah I know not likely.

That would be awesome! The YF-4 is another mecha that has long been over due in RPG form.
Updated Aug 2015
Rimmerdal
Knight

Kagashi wrote:I see this more as a Pre-Masters/Post-Pioneer launch era source book. After all, we already have all(most of) the source material Post-reclamation.

I can see the UEEF/REF planning on using a force to take down a suspected Zentraedi defense forces around Tirol using small surgical boarding strikes on the large Zentraedi capitol ships, utilizing non-transformable destroids and hovertanks (and later Cyclones/Silverbacks as time goes on) rather than slug it out with the massive strength and might of the Zentraedi capitol ships with their smaller Tokugawa and Tristar class ships. They prolly expected any Zentraedi defenders left around Tirol to attempt to conduct heavy ship-to-ship combat and using a ship boarding Marine force would be a great way to counter that. Unfortunately the UEEF/REF ran into Invid Scouts with boosters running suicide attacks on Tristar and Tokugawa hulls.

Obviously by the time the UEEF/REF returns from the Pioneer mission, they had adjusted their R&D and tactics to counter the more agile Invid who rarely use capitol ships like the Zentraedi would. Prolly why we see no destroid use by the time of the Battle of Reflex Point. Instead, all ground forces were cyclone clad and supported by variable shadow fighters in battloid mode.

jaymz wrote:And for the record (to everyone in general) I STILL don't like the UEEF moniker and still use REF in my games.....

Ya Kagashi, a Battloid is far more agile and can carry enough fire power to do the job so using the Masters Bioroids was a nail in the Destroids coffin so to speak. add on too of that flight (or or even short range jump jet style flying) and you have a good replacement. Only the Mac III is something they can't replace easily..not that ground based artillery is needed. like the navy there is little need for them.

And ya REF is a nicer title then UEEF.
taalismn wrote:

Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Kagashi wrote:I see this more as a Pre-Masters/Post-Pioneer launch era source book. After all, we already have all(most of) the source material Post-reclamation.

Same.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

UEEF makes more sense though.. REF is kinda like calling the US military oversea's the "assault rifle expeditionary force"

if the EF term is in use, the first bit needs to be who's sending them. in this case, the United Earth.
it's just historical reality.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expeditionary_Force

as for the UEEF fighting the invid.. the changes to the sentinels story implied in prelude suggest the UEEF had to fight their way across Tyrolian space before they ever encountered the invid.. so fights against master's bioroids and zent fleets are certainly not impossible.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Sgt Anjay
Hero

I think REF works great as an official nickname everyone uses, even if the official name is something else.

And, funnily enough, the above sentence can apply either in-universe or real life.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Sgt Anjay wrote:...bloody hell, it's SO going to be MUHRICA IN SPACE...

I so wish I could up vote this because I agree that this seems like the most likely scenario.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

any good news UEEF Marine sourcebook supposed to come out?
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

If we're lucky sometime in 2014....

\m/
Arnie100
Knight

ZINO wrote:any good news UEEF Marine sourcebook supposed to come out?

This is Palladium. Sometime next year.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

Arnie100 wrote:
ZINO wrote:any good news UEEF Marine sourcebook supposed to come out?

This is Palladium. Sometime next year.

I thuoght Palladium Sometime 2120AE
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”