Shape Shifting

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

sirkermittsg
Explorer

Shape Shifting

Unread post by sirkermittsg »

I have one of the original heros unlimited books.... 1st edition.

the description for shape shifting indicates imitate voices as being +15%
but it does not describe bonuses to disguise or impersonation skills which I would think it would give because well you could copy all of their features exactly if given the oppertunity to study them up close. Do the later editions of HU give bonuses for this power?
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Re: Shape Shifting

Unread post by Severus Snape »

Yes, they do. +15% to imitate/impersonate voices; +15% to disguise; +5% to streetwise. Although I have ZERO idea why you'd get a bonus to Streetwise when Shapechanging.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Severus Snape wrote:Yes, they do. +15% to imitate/impersonate voices; +15% to disguise; +5% to streetwise. Although I have ZERO idea why you'd get a bonus to Streetwise when Shapechanging.

It makes it easier to fit in as part of the seedy underbelly and convince others to provide you with what you want perhaps?
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

Nightmask wrote:
Severus Snape wrote:Yes, they do. +15% to imitate/impersonate voices; +15% to disguise; +5% to streetwise. Although I have ZERO idea why you'd get a bonus to Streetwise when Shapechanging.

It makes it easier to fit in as part of the seedy underbelly and convince others to provide you with what you want perhaps?

Just because you can look and sound like someone doesn't mean you automatically have a chance to know what they do. Qui-Gon said it best: The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Severus Snape wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

Just because you can look and sound like someone doesn't mean you automatically have a chance to know what they do. Qui-Gon said it best: The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

True, but given it's a bonus to the skill of Streetwise you already know what to do, Shape-Shifting is just helping with your already existing knowledge and skill in the area to improve on it.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

Nightmask wrote:
Severus Snape wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

True, but given it's a bonus to the skill of Streetwise you already know what to do, Shape-Shifting is just helping with your already existing knowledge and skill in the area to improve on it.

one of Mercedes Lackey's "elemental masters" books had a perfect example of how a person could use that (altho he was using it with his clothes) as he walks through different neighborhoods he was changing things like how he was walking the tilt (or presence of his hat, his jacket etc. in the good neighborhoods he walked upright tall "proud" etc as the neighborhoods got worse he made his walk/ clothes etc look more and more disreputable.

a "shifter could do similar things but with their body to make them "blend into" the neighborhood

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”