WP Blunt & Staff

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

FluidicAztec
Explorer

WP Blunt & Staff

Unread post by FluidicAztec »

I noticed WP Blunt includes Staves and of course WP Staff includes Staves. Should they stack or is this just another Palladium oversight?
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Re: WP Blunt & Staff

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Oversight. This question comes up a lot.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

specialization is already in force in palladium
Lore: Demons and Monsters covers undead
Lore: Undead covers vampires
Lore: Vampire covers....vampires
Three different skills, all of which cover vampires, there is no reason to assume that they should 'stack' in any way shape or form.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

FluidicAztec wrote:I noticed WP Blunt includes Staves and of course WP Staff includes Staves. Should they stack or is this just another Palladium oversight?

No they do not stack. Use one or the other.

Spear only stacks with another WP when it is being thrown and only then is stacked with WP Targeting. See WP Targeting for the specifics.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

Nope they don't stack like WP Sword and Fencing skill don't. :quiet:
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

GT wrote:Nope they don't stack like WP Sword and Fencing skill don't. :quiet:

That's pretty much the proof that they don't stack right there.
IF Sword and Fencing, or <weapon> and Targeting need explicit text saying that they DO stack, then yah, they shouldn't stack.

ESPECIALLY when you get N&SS and find out you can make WPs
lets see
W.P. Sword + W.P. Large Sword + W.P. Katana + W.P. Daiyso +

If it all stacked you could have +10 or more at level one.
SO I would say, that unless something explicitly says that it stacks with another skill, it doesn't.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Rifts®”