New Find

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

New Find

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

Hello all. The other day, I stumbled across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIec1Yg-imY

Its not bad and I enjoyed it. The narrator is kind of a noob. He makes mistakes about the world of Rifts earth, but over all an enjoyable experience. What do you think? (No, I haven't seen all of them...at least yet.)
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
vakusdrake
D-Bee

Re: New Find

Unread post by vakusdrake »

I'm already on part 32, I think it's pretty good
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

At what point does he stop discussing the setting and begin running the campaign? Are they all over an hour? Zoned out trying to listen to this last night, might try again tho.

Weird... somehow YT remembered where I left off... this site's shadow upgrades are unsettling.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
vakusdrake
D-Bee

Unread post by vakusdrake »

Tor wrote:At what point does he stop discussing the setting and begin running the campaign? Are they all over an hour? Zoned out trying to listen to this last night, might try again tho.

Weird... somehow YT remembered where I left off... this site's shadow upgrades are unsettling.

It does pick the pace a bit but it takes a while and never gets that fast paced, that being said there are some very entertaining moments.
In terms of rpg stories or gameplay recordings on YouTube there seems to be a lot more ones for D&D and Pathfinder but that's probably just because they're more popular game systems.
Lao Tzume
Explorer

Unread post by Lao Tzume »

It's not bad. I'm on part 22.

I got annoyed at first because Spiffy Squee (the guy who does the hour long presentation on his damn character) takes over all the time and sort of tries to strong arm the rest of the group. At times it feels like he is treating the other players as NPCs. He still sort of rubs me the wrong way but only because I know a guy that reminds me of him and his play style.

Other than that though it's a good campaign. Inferno Canuck is a pretty good GM and handles things smoothly and adapts on the fly very well.

I listen to it at work when I get time.
BuzzardB
Explorer

Unread post by BuzzardB »

On episode 21 or so. So far so good.

I agree that Spiffy seems to take control a lot, but it also sounds the the other players don't take initiative themselves. Might be a good thing he is or else there would be a lot of awkward silences.
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

BuzzardB wrote:I agree that Spiffy seems to take control a lot, but it also sounds the the other players don't take initiative themselves. Might be a good thing he is or else there would be a lot of awkward silences.

I agree with this. I don't see much initiative from the other players.

Btw, this player group does things, that my players would never do (pooling all your money? Yikes)
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
infernocanuck
D-Bee

Unread post by infernocanuck »

Howdy! GM of the campaign here!

Since we are now on Episode 260 (Wow), I can certainly say things have changed from 8 months ago! Yes, at the beginning, Squee (who never played the game before, hence the newbie intro - the actual game starts about an hour or so into the video, all subsequent videos are about 30 minutes long) does take the reins. But, as was mentioned, he also was a big driving force in the first few sessions when a lot of the other players were shy or uncertain. Oh man, now, no one has problems voicing their opinions.

In addition, I'm currently in the process of making custom playlists, separating the adventures up into little sub-sections to make it easier to view. It is a treat to see people finding it on their own, and I really hope more Rifts campaigns are put up on Youtube. Such a great game!
Vincent Takeda
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: 44 years in denver, but now in grand rapids.

Unread post by Vincent Takeda »

I keep wishing I'd find more youtube videos for heroes unlimited campaigns that are more than just one shots.
Jorick
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jorick »

infernocanuck wrote:Howdy! GM of the campaign here!

Since we are now on Episode 260 (Wow), I can certainly say things have changed from 8 months ago! Yes, at the beginning, Squee (who never played the game before, hence the newbie intro - the actual game starts about an hour or so into the video, all subsequent videos are about 30 minutes long) does take the reins. But, as was mentioned, he also was a big driving force in the first few sessions when a lot of the other players were shy or uncertain. Oh man, now, no one has problems voicing their opinions.

In addition, I'm currently in the process of making custom playlists, separating the adventures up into little sub-sections to make it easier to view. It is a treat to see people finding it on their own, and I really hope more Rifts campaigns are put up on Youtube. Such a great game!

Found it a few months ago. Keeps me going at work when I have access to wifi. Glad it's still going strong. The Rifts podcasts all seem to come and go pretty quick. This group is pretty entertaining. Thank you!
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

I just finished #5. Lost a lot of interest when the player got to take out a full conversion Borg with a laser rifle on a roll of only 13.
Crow Splat
Explorer

Unread post by Crow Splat »

I am on episode 236 now.. I put it on when I'm working around the house and doing laundry and stuff. Overall, it's a pretty entertaining campaign and embraces the crazy parts that make Rifts awesome.

I have to say, Inferno, you are a much nicer GM than I am. I probably would have killed a pc or two by now. But that's just me and the games I usually run. I love the art at the beginning of the sessions. Always good for a laugh.

I wish more people would do stuff like this and stick with it. Most of the other Rifts video series I can find don't go past 4 or 5 episodes.

Keep up the good work Infernocanuck
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I left off around part 15, keep meaning to get back into this but distracted, resuming now.

Dem expensive robots. Triax 2 didn't fix the economic problems that SB1/Triax1 had, although the slightly-cheaper housemaid bots are nice.

I'd probably use these things to leave behind in robot vehicles to guard your stuff while you step out, or if you had a fortress. Otherwise they seem prone to getting stolen or sabotaged.

Of course, since they are "robots" they can get epic Naruni forcefields, if they have nuclear batteries, right?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Rifts®”