The revenge of blood against Chi Town

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Genesis
Newb

The revenge of blood against Chi Town

Unread post by Genesis »

I have been going through all of my books and i cannot find any information on this except that it happened from 85-88 P.A i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction
Axelmania
Knight

Re: The revenge of blood against Chi Town

Unread post by Axelmania »

I drew a blank reading that term, but searched it for you...

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/forums/vi ... 24#p536124 is a 2 December 2004 from Sensorium which says:

Ultratech Incorporation is started
Battle of Humari
The Coalition States creates Psi-Net
Lieutenant Colonel Carol Black takes charge of Psi-Net

The Revenge of Blood begins against Chi-Town

Pre-Rift cities of Japan pop out of their pocket dimension and back to Earth

The Battle of Eagle Peak

88*
The Revenge of Blood ends

Similar info can be found on http://www.temporalnexus.net/multiverse ... eline.html
85? The Revenge of Blood begins against Chi-Town
88 The Battle of Eagle Peak
88? The Revenge of Blood ends

I figure maybe Sensorium's post was an expanded version of this, though the earliest archive I can find is from 2008 https://web.archive.org/web/20081121014 ... eline.html and 2007 https://web.archive.org/web/20070821065 ... meLine.php

I'm not sure what the source of this is but this at least indicates whatever it was, doesn't appear to be one of the newer books like Heroes of Humanity. I just can't remember reading about it in SB1/CWC/FoM/SOT so am very confused.

Doing some further digging I did find a fan-work containing the footer "file:///C|/Coalition_Sourcebook_1/RiftsTimeLine.htm (6 of 9) [1/28/2001 7:41:49 PM]" on page 179/386 of a document which states on page 1 "This entirely MY alternate vision of the Rifts(R) world and is NOT officially approved or sanctioned by Palladium Books Inc"

This "coalition sourcebook 1" is not "Rifts Sourcebook 1" despite the similar name. This shows that "revenge of blood" was floating around in 2001. Still not sure where it was birthed though.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

I think it is most likely a flavor text story that may not be in print, but has references.(possibly something from Kevin's personal games years ago) I would think that it is likely involves FoM attempt at revenge for the purge that the CS did after they beat them.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Knowing Telepath
D-Bee

Unread post by Knowing Telepath »

It is referred to as the Campaign of Blood in most Rifts books. It is the revenge campaign against magic users after the FOM invaded ChiTown in 12 PA. For more info look on page 12 of FOM world book and in Tolkeen Wars 1 (don’t know which page, but in the history of the conflict section) where it is called the Bloody Campaign.. Those contain the most detailed back story of the conflict between the two nations that I recall.
Last edited by Knowing Telepath on Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Odd I thought the campaign of blood happened and ended well before 86 PA.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Blue_Lion wrote:Odd I thought the campaign of blood happened and ended well before 86 PA.

it should be, if it's the revenge campaign for something that happened in 12 PA. coming more than 70 years later, that would be a rather long time to wait before getting revenge...
Blue_Lion
Knight

Shark_Force wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:Odd I thought the campaign of blood happened and ended well before 86 PA.

it should be, if it's the revenge campaign for something that happened in 12 PA. coming more than 70 years later, that would be a rather long time to wait before getting revenge...

The impression I got from the books is the campaign of blood happened after the CS won against FoM. They chased the mages back to FoM and killed them all. Sitting around for 70 years to wipe them out makes no sense. 70 years latter could be the time it took to build up forces of magical users to try and get revenge on the CS. You wait to get revenge when the means or target is not available at the time.

As it was against Chi town it can not be the CS magic purge.
Last edited by Blue_Lion on Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Revenge of Blood is I'm guessing a fan's term for what Alistair did once he returned and starting engaging in anti-CS terrorism while rebuilding the FoM.
Genesis
Newb

Unread post by Genesis »

Thanks for all the responses. XD I thought it may have been a late retaliation by the FOM but i couldn't find anything to back it up. it is nice to see other thoughts on the subject though.

Return to “Rifts®”