Wormwood!!!

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

Not as of yet. With all the new Dimension books coming out, I would imagine most gamers are trying their hand at some new senerios for Rifts. Wormwood is still a favorite of mine as well, but when I got my copy of Naruni Wave 2, I knew it was time to play Phase World again... :D .
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

I'd definitely like to see more of both Wormwood and Skraypers, but Phase World seems to be the primary alternate dimension for Rifts right now. :(

I don't know if Truman & Henry are even still around...
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

Wormwood seems to be a dead world. That is to say that the folk's at PB have desided not to expand on it any further. It's a real shame too. I always thought it needed a bit more story line.
dakota
Wanderer

Unread post by dakota »

Shadow Wyrm wrote:Wormwood seems to be a dead world. That is to say that the folk's at PB have desided not to expand on it any further. It's a real shame too. I always thought it needed a bit more story line.

No kidding. If Phase World can get a whole string of books, then they should come out with Wormwood vol.2 . Or at least expand it in the Rifter (if they already have, I apoligize, I'm missing a bunch)
I'm not sick, I'm twisted. Sick sounds like there is a cure....

Administrator of The Playground
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Mad Dogg wrote:I'm just surprised that nobody even talks about it anymore. Anybody have some favorite adventures, scenarios? Anybody flesh out the world a bit more?

Personally, I have a "mercenary" army lead by a godling and great-horned dragon that I use as an "Army of Conscience" to fight the bad guys. (The godling was so disturbed by what the (bad guys) are doing that he started the army with forces from across the megaverse...)
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Yup...they use modern organizational practices for the forces, Naruni, Northern Gun, Triax, and Phase World weapons / vehicle tech, and a fully mixed-arms organisation (more as the CAF than USAF know/use it).

They also have an organised medical corps for tech, psi, and magical medical practices, using everything from field surgery to phase-tech surgical practices. They also take full advantage of the "native" know-how and practices medically and militarily.

There are probably about 100 or so battlestones scattered throughout the forces (primarily with the officer corps and HW troops), and dozens of psi-booster stones, etc... :D
Fnord

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Syndicate
Adventurer

Borast wrote:Yup...they use modern organizational practices for the forces, Naruni, Northern Gun, Triax, and Phase World weapons / vehicle tech, and a fully mixed-arms organisation (more as the CAF than USAF know/use it).

They also have an organised medical corps for tech, psi, and magical medical practices, using everything from field surgery to phase-tech surgical practices. They also take full advantage of the "native" know-how and practices medically and militarily.

There are probably about 100 or so battlestones scattered throughout the forces (primarily with the officer corps and HW troops), and dozens of psi-booster stones, etc... :D

oohh...nasty... :demon:
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Might even write it up for a Rifter article. :D
Fnord

Syndicate
Adventurer

Sounds good...go for it... :ok:
Talon Starblade
Wanderer

Unread post by Talon Starblade »

Sounds a lot like the Dimensonal "Good-guy" group I'd created. It'd be interesting to compare notes. I'd actually created mine as a background for a number of characters in an online Story styled RP.
Let the world tremble, for my imagination LIVES!
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

heres this for an idea the HOST decide to spread their evil empire by rifting cultists to different worlds and opening a rift on the new world to the prison dimension and now the host have spread to a new world and with it the create a perment gate way to wormwood to the new HOST city now you got a problem or better yet

some one finds a wormwood seed an object used to grow a new wormwood problem is it needs a planet to feed on to grow
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Steve Conan Trustrum
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Steve Conan Trustrum »

I wish I had to time to revamp/repost what I already have for the Wormwood Netbook, not to mention finish it off, because it's easily my fave setting of all time. Nothing has inspired me to cool ideas like that setting. If anyone ever wants some extra game material or ideas, let me know and I'll see what I can pass along from the netbook files on my hard drive. I had notes on everything from new types of symbiotes, new cultures, the Cathedral's power structure, new equipment and weapons, to new classes.
Steven "Conan" Trustrum

Trustrum.com | Misfits In Action Web Comic
Steve Conan Trustrum
Dungeon Crawler

Will do -- I'll just have to find the CD I backed it all up on to first. :D

Any preferences for the type of stuff you'd most like to see?
Steven "Conan" Trustrum

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:I'd definitely like to see more of both Wormwood and Skraypers, but Phase World seems to be the primary alternate dimension for Rifts right now. :(

I don't know if Truman & Henry are even still around...

well... here we are as often with PB ... some truly great idea, but flawed execution and no follow up. given some of the reports I've heard, I wonder if mister BossS doesn't have a knack for alienating some of his collaborators, which would explain why some of the best talent went away one day to pursue other things.

and contrary to some of the wishes I see expressed here... I'd like a real expansion, not just the measly bits and pieces that have made it to the Drifter till now ... something that would gather the rifter bits in one convenient place PLUS something with a little more scope to it.

:? BTW, besides the Blood Shman, what *did* get published for wormwood?
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

S...

Unfortunately, I don't think anything else has really been published for it... :(
Fnord

Steve Conan Trustrum
Dungeon Crawler

Jaegermeister wrote:I like to second that! 8)

*Jaeger on his knees kissing your feet with huge wet slopping kisses*

You wouldn't happen to have any HU2 stuff in any nooks and crannies on your hard drive? say yes, say yes.

Thanks. It's always good to hear that someone else has fun with the stuff I write. As for HU stuff, pretty much all I have is the mass of material on my web site: powers, organizations, rules, gear, etc.
Steven "Conan" Trustrum

Steve Conan Trustrum
Dungeon Crawler

Force Canada-1 is fully written up, I've just not had the time to php and post it. As for the ninja clan, I'd have to double check to see if I ever finished off the ideas I had for them (I think I did, but can't recall.) I'll have to go dig up which CD I've burned that all on as it's not currently on my HD.
Steven "Conan" Trustrum

Syndicate
Adventurer

gadrin wrote:don't forget to look for that Spatial Magic stuff too... :?

Wow Gadrin....you don't give-up easy do you? :lol:
Steve Conan Trustrum
Dungeon Crawler

This bit of thread necromancy reminded me that I never did find any of that stuff -- I had to go hunting through some old backup CDs for some material I used in an upcoming manuscript for another game company, but I couldn't find the ones back from when I was working on that material :(
Steven "Conan" Trustrum

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Steve Conan Trustrum wrote:This bit of thread necromancy reminded me that I never did find any of that stuff -- I had to go hunting through some old backup CDs for some material I used in an upcoming manuscript for another game company, but I couldn't find the ones back from when I was working on that material :(

So what material cant' you find?
Wormwood?
HU?
Spatial Mage?

Be specific....
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
(SHIFTY)
Adventurer

Unread post by (SHIFTY) »

gadrin wrote:SpatialMageSpatialMageSpatialMageSpatialMageSpatialMageSpatialMage
SpatialMageSpatialMageSpatialMageSpatialMageSpatialMageSpatialMage
SpatialMageSpatialMageSpatialMageSpatialMageSpatialMageSpatialMage
SpatialMageSpatialMageSpatialMage... :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve Conan Trustrum
Dungeon Crawler

The_Primordial_Serpent wrote:
Steve Conan Trustrum wrote:This bit of thread necromancy reminded me that I never did find any of that stuff -- I had to go hunting through some old backup CDs for some material I used in an upcoming manuscript for another game company, but I couldn't find the ones back from when I was working on that material :(

So what material cant' you find?
Wormwood?
HU?
Spatial Mage?

Be specific....

Well, I found an older copy of the Wormwood stuff with only about 1/4 of human society's history written out (which is a pitty, because it blew my group away when I sprung it on them after they found an ancient cache of historical objects, deep in the Resin Mountains). I can't find the Spatial Mage stuff at all.
Steven "Conan" Trustrum

Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

Gods...I don't know how many characters I've lost to Wormwood and the Host...

But that's the fun of it all! The Wormwood setting has a special place in my impoverished gamer heart because one of the writers and the main artist also cooked up one of my favorite comicbooks: Grimjack. It's all an epic conflict where the bad guys have the upper hand and they're enough to put even a Mega-Juicer scrambling for the hills. And, of course, I love how it's a "contained" world; offering up useful parasites and devices and then disentegrating them should someone decide to get munchkin and rampage across another dimension with his shiny new Battle Saint. :-D

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”