Dinosaur Swamp and the Steel Tree Forest

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sinder Sleeping
D-Bee

Dinosaur Swamp and the Steel Tree Forest

Unread post by Sinder Sleeping »

Just wanted to point out that the Native Americans of the Cherokee seem to have claimed this area as their own. there have got to be some friction between the Barbarians and the tribe. and the city of Char is close by. In Spirit West you can find some references to this area on pages: 6 (the maps), 17 (war and prisoners), 23, 24 (southeast tribes), 25-31 ( about classification and Beliefs), 208( 11 Camp Cherokee)
When your Hot! your Hot! when your not your Toast!
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Re: Dinosaur Swamp and the Steel Tree Forest

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Zerebus wrote:Yeah, we've been discussing this in the Dinosaur Swamp thread, to a small degree. It's not a matter of conflict as much as it was that Todd didn't have the space left to address it. But I'm sure he'll fix that if we can get a Dinosaur Swamp 2...

WON'T YOU, TODD?!?! :D ;)

Yup. Patience...patience...and the Palladium Release Schedule will eventually answer this particular question. :) I'm not planning on regirgitating the material from Spirit West, either. I'm going to build on it, but don't think that the answers are as nice and tidy as they may seem... 8)
Insert 400 character limit here.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

as long as the Cherokee aren't stereotyped i'll be happy, though i'll be happier if the material is actually about the cherokee. (with Todd, No worries, just keep Seimbeida away from it.)

you see, several of my ancestors on my mothers side where cherokee. and while i don't know as much about the cherokee as i should, i'd hate to see them made to conform to the stereotypes.

(my mom's side is a weird genepool. on one hand several cherokee are my ancestors, but on the other i'm Andrew Jackson's 1st cousin several times removed. [my Great-Great-Great-ad nausium- grandmother was the sister of jacksons mother.] )
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
gaby
Knight

Dinosaur Swamp and Steel tree Forest

Unread post by gaby »

I think Camp Cherokee Will be in the Virginia Book?

I do not see Friction bewteen the Native Americans and the Barbarians as long they stay off each others land.
The Native Americans see the Barbarians as Closer to nature this make them better then the tech-using humans in ther mind.

But I do have a Question: Are the Barbarians Descendants of Great cataclysm, survivors or are they from the same Reality as the Dinosaurs?

Return to “Rifts®”