The Best Spies

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Going on the basis of a sort of guild setup with all the characters pooling there resources when needed and taking jobs in the spy/thief/assassin side of the Black Market you have a huge amout of room to play with.

Forger: It isn't an all powerful character class at all, but is good hacker, and can help provide documents ect needed to infiltrate security. give him a few cybernetics to help with the hacking, or if you allow it, a few HU powers that help out. If you don't allow the HU powers, or the cybernetics I would add a little to the character by making him a Promethian, True Atlantean, Noro, or something similar for a little boost. The last, and perhaps the most powerfu option for this spot would be a Demi God Forger with Ley Line Walker abilites.

Mystic Ninja: The Oni Ninja has some advantages, but being set on Rift's Earth being a human is a plus.

Phase Mystic: Stick with a human for the same reason and load up with mechical and electrical skills. I think they are more flexible then the Psi-Ghost.

Auta-G: For all of your infiltration needs.

Changling MindBleeder: If you would allow it. It gives the perfect infiltrator to help the Auto-G.

The last spot is a tough one. If you go with the Demi-God Forger with magical abilites it becomes a little easier. I would probably end up with a Ninja TW. This character is somewhat useful as an operative, but much more useful as another link in the support network. They can help make custom devices for the job.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Super-Spy (Merc book)
Forger (Merc Book)
Channeling R.C.C. (any O.C.C.)
Psi-Ghost (Pyscape Book)
Amorph R.C.C. (Pyscape Book)
LLW (RMB with spell for spying)
Temporal Warrior (England Book)
Hatchling Dragon R.C.C. (RMB)
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

My list would be;
#1)City Rat O.C.C. for the excellent skills and natural sneaky ba$t4rd. :D
#2)Mind Melter P.C.C. (Or R.C.C.) Telepathy may only pick up surface thoughts, but that is easily dealt with by good old-fashioned conversation skills.
#3)Headhunter:Techno-Warrior O.C.C. for the excellent skills(of a different sort:Never underestimate the use of Detect Ambush Skill!)
as well as being the heavy hitter,when necessary.
#4)Ley Line Walker O.C.C. or other Primary Spell Caster OR if you don't like magic...
#4)Operator O.C.C. for the ability to improvise various gadgets like bugs, bug-scanners, trick-clothing(hidden pockets/compartments) and others
#5)Freelance/Professional Thief O.C.C. for a partner to the City Rat
#6)Either an Operator O.C.C. (If you do have a Mage) OR a second City Rat O.C.C. with a different focus (1 thief + 1 hacker)

No matter the exact list, the important thing to remember is that spies live only as long as they are not discovered...James Bond survived telling everyone his name and occupation only through writer fiat.
Think twice(or more) and act once.

Thanks,
GaredBattlespike[/u]
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Hmmm...most of my "off-the-top-of-my-head" ideas seem to have been snagged already. I'll think on it for now, and post later if I can come up with something suitably unique. :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by kamikazzijoe »

Master psychic with mindbond, total recal and posession. Carry a little bit of poison with you and you're good to go. You can pass every physical test like retinal scans with possesion, passwords and codes from mindbond, and eliminate the problem of somebody else remember you with the poison taken moments before you release the posession. If you're want to be nonleathal you use mindwipe or jsut a halucinogen instead of the poison.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Auto-G

That is all.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
MikePGS
D-Bee

Unread post by MikePGS »

A Superspy with the abilities of Intangibility and Cloaking... or Invisibility and Teleportation... really any combo of those four abilities... or do they just get one major and one minor?... Psighosts are always nice with their heightened prescence sense of course... Mind melters as mentioned are very versatile, also the remote viewing ability that psychics can have now... and temporal mages... really makes spying a simple matter if you have a good idea of the location you want to spy on... Changelings always good of course... as well as the Shapeshifter and alter features powers that again the superspy could get... really a superspy is your go to guy for just normal spying... but what about those guys from Free Quebec? i forget their names, but their pretty much trained spies... although their loyalty to quebec might not allow them much flexibility... Rouge Scholars could be good spies to as well as Scientists, since people would warm up to them pretty easily... Psitechs could steal information easily via telemechanics or machine ghost (Stolen discs and what not) Hmm it depends on what you want... if you want computer information, go to a psytech, if you want to steal something, a superspy or psighost is the person you want... if you want information from a person... i'm not sure if it gets much better than a Mind Melter with Mind Bond, Hypnotic Suggestion... all that good stuff...and if you just want to spy on a location, Remote Viewing is the way to go... that and the Temporal Magic spell that lets you look in the past...later
PigLickJF
Adventurer

Unread post by PigLickJF »

Juicer Assassin
Super-Spy(magic)
Super-Spy(psychic)
Techno-Wizard
Operator(preferably one with psionics) or Special Forces
Ley Line Walker

That should make for a pretty capable and well-rounded group for most spy-type situations.

PigLick

Return to “Rifts®”