The word on the UWW

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Dan...

If you can make it a great work that Kevin is proud to publish, and we are even more proud to be able to read it without the "Hey, the rules say you can't do that" "Hey, that weapon shoud be Xdice damage, not Ydice damage" etc, :ok:
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Great attitude Dan. :ok: We'll be looking forward to the final product.

Carl
ImageImage
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Re: The word on the UWW

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Thanks man. The heads up is much appreciated.

The only thing I find annoying (not with you but the problems you mentioned) is that because of the Rifts movie Rifts Dimension books have to be somehow separated from the Rifts Earth books.
I always saw that connection as a strength and this is somewhat disconcerting.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Thank you for letting us know. It more than we usually get from Palladium books.
GhostKnight
Adventurer

Unread post by GhostKnight »

Thanks for the info. I'm willing to wait for a great book.
Esckey
Adventurer

Unread post by Esckey »

Guess you saw my post?

Thanks for the heads up too. I agree with everyone else here, heads up is much appreciated and I'll gladly wait even if it takes a year. And all your points are justifable reasons I think
God says he loves me, but I suspect he's just in it for the sex

Never underestimate someone as insane as I am

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it

"Come Filthy Assistants!!"- Spider Jerusalem
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Not only all of the above but... it makes us fan-types feel like the writers give a damn and aren't just money grubbers like CERTAIN OTHER companies who produce the same type of product.
Thanx.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Vrykolas2k wrote:Not only all of the above but... it makes us fan-types feel like the writers give a damn and aren't just money grubbers like CERTAIN OTHER companies who produce the same type of product.
Thanx.

As far as I know Palladium is not a non-profit organization. They are in this business to make there fans happy and to make a profit. Why is it that it's always assumed that it's only "CERTAIN OTHER" companies is beyond me.
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Dr. Doom III wrote:The only thing I find annoying (not with you but the problems you mentioned) is that because of the Rifts movie Rifts Dimension books have to be somehow separated from the Rifts Earth books.
I always saw that connection as a strength and this is somewhat disconcerting.

World Books, too. Dinosaur Swamp had some crossover material that was edited and reworked because of the various liscencing issues.

Without going into detail, there are important legal distinction between the product lines that have to be maintained. It's part of the legal and production issues that go on behind the scenes that the fans just don't see.
Insert 400 character limit here.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Todd Yoho wrote:World Books, too. Dinosaur Swamp had some crossover material that was edited and reworked because of the various liscencing issues.

Without going into detail, there are important legal distinction between the product lines that have to be maintained. It's part of the legal and production issues that go on behind the scenes that the fans just don't see.

Yuck.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Thank you for taking the time to let us all know what's going on. The UWW has always fascinated me and I was excited when it was announced. I think I can wait, knowing what I know now.
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

Well, so much for that long talk with Kevin at Gen Con. You already cleared everything up. I'm glad to hear that you are not quitting after the first try. UWW is one section of the 3 Galaxies that I find very interesting. Keep up the work, and hopefully you can give us all a nice Christmas present by getting it in early enough to be released before years end.
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Flick
D-Bee

Go Dan!

Unread post by Flick »

Dan,
I just want to encourage you in your efforts. When I first saw that the UWW was going to be a full book (as well as Naruni, China, and a couple of others) I thought Kevin had just read my wish list for future books. The fact that some were a little delayed is disappointing but hearing about your effort to make this the best it can be has got me grinning from ear to ear again. Keep at it and thanks for the clear notice on what is going on!

Flick
DhAkael
Knight

Phew!

Unread post by DhAkael »

Okay...thank you for answering my question ahead of time!
When I saw the UWW book wiped from the release schedual I was most vexed...Seeing as how the Tri-Galactic cluster is my favorite stomping grounds. Glad to hear it's just been postponed.
If you have to re-write the manuscript to keep the boss happy, better you than him :D since you know what you want to have printed
Besides; K.S. went ahead and decided to completely redo BTS 2nd. Ed. 2 days before going to print...
I'll be looking forward to UWW Source Book as soon as it is ready.
Keep it surreal :ok:
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Re: Phew!

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

DhAkael wrote:Okay...thank you for answering my question ahead of time!
When I saw the UWW book wiped from the release schedual I was most vexed...Seeing as how the Tri-Galactic cluster is my favorite stomping grounds. Glad to hear it's just been postponed.
If you have to re-write the manuscript to keep the boss happy, better you than him :D since you know what you want to have printed
Besides; K.S. went ahead and decided to completely redo BTS 2nd. Ed. 2 days before going to print...
I'll be looking forward to UWW Source Book as soon as it is ready.
Keep it surreal :ok:
Well so long as its still in production

and no this is not a bump but a reference to another post on the question.
冠双

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”