Cosmo-Knights: Who can, who can't

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ishmael
Wanderer

Cosmo-Knights: Who can, who can't

Unread post by Ishmael »

I know it says in the book that supernatural creatures can not become cosmo knight but what exactly is the definition of a Supernatural being cause some of the obvious ones say nothing about being supernatural then some that should be are not.
Ishmael "Betrayer of Hope" Incantare

Without hope there is nothing.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Re: Cosmo-Knights: Who can, who can't

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Ishmael wrote:I know it says in the book that supernatural creatures can not become cosmo knight but what exactly is the definition of a Supernatural being cause some of the obvious ones say nothing about being supernatural then some that should be are not.

If you have innate magical abilities then you might be a supernatural creature.
Well actually you probably are.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Zerebus wrote:You could also be a creature of magic.... which for some odd reason isn't a supernatural creature, but the point is moot because creatures of magic can't become cosmo-knights, either.

Although a Silverbell Faerie Cosmo-Knight would be humorous...

I see creatures of magic as little more then a subset of supernatural creatures.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

In Rifts, you can usually identify supernaturals by a combination of the following

-supernatural level attributes (esp PS and PE)

- natural MDC creature

-automatic magical and/or psionic powers (probably the most important/telling feature)

- certain natural abilities like night vision (even in total darkness) and bio regeneration/rapid healing

Then again, it is essentially a GMs call... you'll probably never see a dragon or Alien Intelligence (including splugorth and vampire intelligence) type monster being called by the Forge, but once, I convinced a GM to let me play a Monro Knight... (they are minor supernatural creatures, so not normally allowed, but they are not THAT powerful, and my concept was good)
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
NoJack
Explorer

Unread post by NoJack »

In this case (as in many others) the flavor text makes things less clear if anything. I definately remember there being a mention of even Kreeghor Knights... and they are definately Supernatural creatures.

I'd go GM's call on this. Unless you are doing an Uberlevel epic setting...
Dude... It's a tall guy dressed in black, with a weird, glowy weapon thing, and we're a couple of guards in matching shiny armor...
Scot

Cosmo-knights who can, who can't

Unread post by Scot »

Somewhere I've seen a definition of a supernatural being. I'm almost certain that Dragons, Gods, Godlings, Demi-Gods, Demon Lords, Major Demons, Alien Intelligences, Splurgoth, and others fit the bill.

After all. Would you like to be in a game with (Chaotic Greedy) Demi-God/Mega-Hero Cosmo-Knight? (Shudder:)

Unread post by Guest »

yet, ironically, a Fallen Knight would fit the bill of a Supernatural Being, and through trial, and repentance, and good roleplaying, they could become a Cosmo Knight.

course, thats a different case entirely.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

NoJack wrote:In this case (as in many others) the flavor text makes things less clear if anything. I definately remember there being a mention of even Kreeghor Knights... and they are definately Supernatural creatures.

I'd go GM's call on this. Unless you are doing an Uberlevel epic setting...

Royal Kreghor are, regular Kreeghor are not...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Dr. Doom III
Knight

BeetleNightbanePanzer wrote:personally, my favorite question was always: can a seljuk become a cosmo-knight?

I'll leave it to you to figure out why they could or could not...

Yes they can.

They are no more supernatural then a Dinosaur. Which is what they pretty much are.
-George Orwell
Dr. Doom III
Knight

BeetleNightbanePanzer wrote:ahh, but the potential conflict comes not from cosmo-knight limitations, but from the seljuk itself...

think about it... the seljuk are soooo incapable of being mages, they essentially have no ppe, no ability to ever do anything with ppe, nothing whatsoever involving ppe except 1d4 ppe that can never do ANYTHING for ANYBODY, they can't even take psychic classes that tie in with PPE... unless I'm remembering wrong, because you have to keep in mind it's been years since I had a chance to read Phase World, thanks to my dad stealing my books...

anyway... cosmo-knight abilities are ppe powered... not exactly magic... buuut... think about it

Right they are not magic.
No worries.
-George Orwell
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Dr. Doom III wrote:
BeetleNightbanePanzer wrote:ahh, but the potential conflict comes not from cosmo-knight limitations, but from the seljuk itself...

think about it... the seljuk are soooo incapable of being mages, they essentially have no ppe, no ability to ever do anything with ppe, nothing whatsoever involving ppe except 1d4 ppe that can never do ANYTHING for ANYBODY, they can't even take psychic classes that tie in with PPE... unless I'm remembering wrong, because you have to keep in mind it's been years since I had a chance to read Phase World, thanks to my dad stealing my books...

anyway... cosmo-knight abilities are ppe powered... not exactly magic... buuut... think about it

Right they are not magic.
No worries.

Exactly.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Ishmael
Wanderer

Unread post by Ishmael »

A friend of mine is GMing a game and one of his players is trying to justify a Guardian from Nightbane. He doesn't seem to think they are supernatural but I beg to differ. So I was just wondering if there were a list or guide lines out there that I could point out to him

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

NoJack wrote:. I definately remember there being a mention of even Kreeghor Knights... and they are definately Supernatural creatures.

:eek:
Um...
.... check that again, it say that if there has ever been a Kreegor Cosmic Knight in any record of history, that the records of it are lost...
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Ishmael wrote:A friend of mine is GMing a game and one of his players is trying to justify a Guardian from Nightbane. He doesn't seem to think they are supernatural but I beg to differ. So I was just wondering if there were a list or guide lines out there that I could point out to him

While I don't have the books right here in front of me I can say that is is official that the Guardians Are supernatural creatures-period!
So next time he tries to say that they aren't just fall on the floor laughing...

...then get up and say "No, seriiously-what do you want to be?'

I think he'll get the picture.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Ishmael
Wanderer

Unread post by Ishmael »

NoJack wrote: I definately remember there being a mention of even Kreeghor Knights... and they are definately Supernatural creatures.

Actually only the royal Kreeghor are supernatural the normal run of the mill are not

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Ishmael wrote:
NoJack wrote: I definately remember there being a mention of even Kreeghor Knights... and they are definately Supernatural creatures.

Actually only the royal Kreeghor are supernatural the normal run of the mill are not
Correct. ROYAL Kreeghor, including the Emperor, CANNOT become Cosmo-Knights; mundane Kreeghor can, and have.

I was very confused by the definition of, and the difference between, Supernatural and Creatures of magic, but from what I have gleaned from quite a few Rifts Books, as well as material from Dragons and Gods, Creatures of Magic and Supernatural Creatures have the following differences (this is said loosely; ALL creatures of Magic are Supernatural Creatures, but not all Supernatural Creatures are Creatures of Magic:

Creatures of magic, including Faeries, Dragons, Gods, and even Alien intelligences, have bodies that are actually made of Magic; that is to say, their tissues aren't really flesh and blood, but composed of magic itself. This Magical energy doesn't supplant anything -that is to say, organs still exist within the creature(s) and you wouldn't cut open a Dragon only to find empty space inside -but instead of a carbon-based lifeform, you effectively have a magic-based lifeform. Other supernatural creatures like Vampires are not creatures of magic (though their creating Intelligence is), even though their vampiric bodies do an incredible number of feats. A Vamp that is shapechanging is magically transforming (now undead) Flesh and Blood; a Dragon that does the same thing is transforming magical energy, that just happens to be 'shaped' like teeth (sharp teeth!!), heart, lungs, etc., and carries on the same functions as their biological counterparts.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Ishmael
Wanderer

Unread post by Ishmael »

Thanks everyone for your input
I definitely have learn a little bit.
That's what this place is for right?
All answers Accpeted (And cataloged in my tiny database I call a brain)

Dr. Doom III
Knight

Ishmael wrote:All answers Accpeted (And cataloged in my tiny database I call a brain)

Wrong forum.
-George Orwell
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

um methinks someone is mistaken don't think I have ever seen anywhere in the PW books mind you I only have PW PW sourcebook and Anvil Galaxies but in those three I haven't seen it mentioned at all there there has ever been a Kreeghor Cosmo Blight. but the mention of one of them possibly being a Phase Mystic and if so having been lost in the records of time I do recall so methinks someone has gotten confused.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Marcethus wrote:um methinks someone is mistaken don't think I have ever seen anywhere in the PW books mind you I only have PW PW sourcebook and Anvil Galaxies but in those three I haven't seen it mentioned at all there there has ever been a Kreeghor Cosmo Blight. but the mention of one of them possibly being a Phase Mystic and if so having been lost in the records of time I do recall so methinks someone has gotten confused.

PW:Page 29 under Phase Mystic, Races: "Once a Kreegor may have become a phase mystic, but his existance is lost to legends and myths."
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

The_Spirit wrote:
Ishmael wrote:A friend of mine is GMing a game and one of his players is trying to justify a Guardian from Nightbane. He doesn't seem to think they are supernatural but I beg to differ. So I was just wondering if there were a list or guide lines out there that I could point out to him

While I don't have the books right here in front of me I can say that is is official that the Guardians Are supernatural creatures-period!
So next time he tries to say that they aren't just fall on the floor laughing...

...then get up and say "No, seriiously-what do you want to be?'

I think he'll get the picture.

ALL of the non-optional PCs in Nightbane...unless a normal human...are Supernatural creatures. :D There may be a couple of optional PC races that could qualify for Knighthood...but without about twenty hours of reading, I can't be completely sure! :lol:
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Ishmael
Wanderer

Unread post by Ishmael »

Dr. Doom III wrote:
Ishmael wrote:All answers Accpeted (And cataloged in my tiny database I call a brain)

Wrong forum.

What do you mean wrong forum?
I posted it originally so I was accepting the answers

Dr. Doom III
Knight

Ishmael wrote:What do you mean wrong forum?
I posted it originally so I was accepting the answers

Accepting answers is for the FAQ forum.
You can do it here but it doen't make a difference.
-George Orwell
Ishmael
Wanderer

Unread post by Ishmael »

The reason I did it was a post on the FAQ forum that some didn't like the fact that a lot of posters didn't accpept answers so I thought I would do that since I was the originator. But I see your point
You are correct as usual Doom

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Since their's already a thread for this , Ithought I'd just go and ask here.

'WhenI first read Rifts Underseas I began thinking about making a Dolphim a CK...
:D
..then I read on and learned about them being natural Ley line walky thingys...
...so then I was thinking about aquatic Ck's. Since they don't need to breath and can survive in space, then why not on land?
IF you ignored their mystic abilities I see no reason why you couldn't have a Dolphin CK.
Thoughts?
Ishmael
Wanderer

Unread post by Ishmael »

I don't see why not/ They are not Supernatural
So I don't see why

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

The_Santa_Clause wrote:
NoJack wrote:. I definately remember there being a mention of even Kreeghor Knights... and they are definately Supernatural creatures.

Um...
.... check that again, it say that if there has ever been a Kreegor Cosmic Knight in any record of history, that the records of it are lost...
There was Mention/Rumour of a "MUNDANE" Kreeghor Cosmo-Knight...not a Royal and certainly NOT the Emperor; the latter two have been Supernaturally empowered by the Dweller Below; 'normal' Kreeghor are 'high-powered,' comapred to, say, Humans, but are NOT 'true' SN Beings....

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

cornholio wrote:There was Mention/Rumour of a "MUNDANE" Kreeghor Cosmo-Knight...not a Royal and certainly NOT the Emperor; the latter two have been Supernaturally empowered by the Dweller Below; 'normal' Kreeghor are 'high-powered,' comapred to, say, Humans, but are NOT 'true' SN Beings....

So? I never said anything aobut a royal Kreegor. And why would you even mention the Emperor!?!?!?
If he was a cosmo knight his people would rule the three galaxies.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

The_Santa_Clause wrote:
cornholio wrote:There was Mention/Rumour of a "MUNDANE" Kreeghor Cosmo-Knight...not a Royal and certainly NOT the Emperor; the latter two have been Supernaturally empowered by the Dweller Below; 'normal' Kreeghor are 'high-powered,' comapred to, say, Humans, but are NOT 'true' SN Beings....

So? I never said anything aobut a royal Kreegor. And why would you even mention the Emperor!?!?!?
If he was a cosmo knight his people would rule the three galaxies.
I mentioned the Emperor and Royal Kreeghor to point out the Legends stated that a KREEGHOR (NOT a Royal, and NOT the Emperor) was a Cosmo-Knight; I added the other two types of Kreeghor to point out that The Forge makes its distinctions primarily on what it 'sees' in them and whether or not the Creature in Question is SN or not (many believe that mundane Kreeghor are 'True' SN Creatures, although their abilities are Bio-Engineered rather than Supernatural)....Likewise, Jannissaries and 'mundane' Humans can potentially become Cosmo-Knights (Jannisaries NOT having Supernatural Powers, just bio-engineered Superhuman ones), whereas Sea Titans, Undead Slayers, and Humanoid Vampires cannot....or perhaps more correctly, are not chosen by the Forge (yes yes, we are making an In-Game explanation for the Author's design of this OCC, I know)....

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

cornholio wrote:I mentioned the Emperor and Royal Kreeghor to point out the Legends stated that a KREEGHOR (NOT a Royal, and NOT the Emperor) was a Cosmo-Knight; I added the other two types of Kreeghor to point out that The Forge makes its distinctions primarily on what it 'sees' in them and whether or not the Creature in Question is SN or not (many believe that mundane Kreeghor are 'True' SN Creatures, although their abilities are Bio-Engineered rather than Supernatural)....Likewise, Jannissaries and 'mundane' Humans can potentially become Cosmo-Knights (Jannisaries NOT having Supernatural Powers, just bio-engineered Superhuman ones), whereas Sea Titans, Undead Slayers, and Humanoid Vampires cannot....or perhaps more correctly, are not chosen by the Forge (yes yes, we are making an In-Game explanation for the Author's design of this OCC, I know)....

Actually you aren't making up anything. The no supernaturals was pretty much stated if you read that description of the CK.
And your assuming that "Supernatural" refers to some sort of magical origin. Janissarie's could probably become CK's but they wouldn't be much better stat wise than most humans. (I think their mental attributes would be better than most but not sure.) The Kreegor were made with BIO WIZARDRY. I fail to see how this magic doesn't mean their supernatural.

[Note:I feel compelled to point out that the Janissaries fanatical anti alien metality would mean that they would never accept working for an alien to save aliens. Though any player worth their salt could make up reaons why a Jannissary would become a CK.]
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Zerebus wrote:You could also be a creature of magic.... which for some odd reason isn't a supernatural creature, but the point is moot because creatures of magic can't become cosmo-knights, either.

Why? Because (s)he could pick a starship off at 10 klicks? :lol: (And can fire a beam that is about 200X it's own size? :D)
Fnord

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Borast wrote:

Why? Because (s)he could pick a starship off at 10 klicks? :lol: (And can fire a beam that is about 200X it's own size? :D)
Even better than that!!

The CK Faerie would fire a tiny, FAERIE-sized beam that still does 1D4 X Whatever damage...and the best part of it would be that Enemies wouldn't get out of the way if they didn't know the Faerie was CK. Heck, they'd probably even stick their jaw out at the Faerie, daring it to ''take their best shot!''......:lol:

For the Record, Zerebrus, ALL Creatures of Magic are Supernatural Creatures, although of course not all Supernatural Creatures are Creatures of Magic.......
Last edited by cornholioprime on Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

So what about those healer guys from the Anvil Galaxy, the ones who can give any carbon based life form a blood transfusion?
How much of thier innate healing abilities do they keep?
It doesn mention them being other things, but doesn't give any details....
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

The_Santa_Clause wrote:So what about those healer guys from the Anvil Galaxy, the ones who can give any carbon based life form a blood transfusion?
How much of thier innate healing abilities do they keep?
It doesn mention them being other things, but doesn't give any details....
CK description states that CKs lose their original Abilities and Skills, whether Innate or Supernatural. Obvious excepitons to this would be, say, a CK Octoman retaining his 7+ attacks per round, or perhaps a Giant keeping its SN PS and size as a Giant... things like that. If that same Giant or Octoman was a Mage or Sharpshooter, then those Abilities go away....

...which brings up a Question of its own. What happens if a Hawrk-Duck or a Hawrk-Ohl is chosen to be a CK??? Their bodies are naturally impervious to Magic!!

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Aegis wrote:
how about a Zebuloid CK ?

I, for one, see absolutly no problem with a Zebuloid Cosmo Knight. In fact with the campaign I am getting ready to create, going to be a doozy too, I will have a NPC CK Zebuloid. I love the idea of this righteous cosmic defender having 17 attacks per melee at level 1. Not sure what level to set him as

Don't forget...a Zebuloid CK would NOT have the massively multiple attacks...like the CK description says, they appear as the original race. They loose all racial abilities and replace them with the CK abilities.
Fnord

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Angryjack wrote:Um - they keep any obvious racial abilities, they lose supernatural powers.

Actually...a Wolfen CK would not have the wolfen's sense of smell. A Rahu-Man CK would not have 6 attacks at first level, although any other rahu-man would have the base four for the four arms plus combat skills, not two plus two for living. :D

etc...
Fnord

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Borast wrote:
Angryjack wrote:Um - they keep any obvious racial abilities, they lose supernatural powers.

Actually...a Wolfen CK would not have the wolfen's sense of smell. A Rahu-Man CK would not have 6 attacks at first level, although any other rahu-man would have the base four for the four arms plus combat skills, not two plus two for living. :D

etc...

Except that is your interpetation. NOt Angryjacks. His is just as valid as yours. I fact his makes more sense than yours does.
Sentinel
Palladin

Re: Cosmo-knights who can, who can't

Unread post by Sentinel »

Scot wrote:Somewhere I've seen a definition of a supernatural being. I'm almost certain that Dragons, Gods, Godlings, Demi-Gods, Demon Lords, Major Demons, Alien Intelligences, Splurgoth, and others fit the bill.

After all. Would you like to be in a game with (Chaotic Greedy) Demi-God/Mega-Hero Cosmo-Knight? (Shudder:)

Sure. It wouldn't take too long for them to become Fallen Knights.
And we can always use more of those.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

The_Primordial_Serpent wrote:
Borast wrote:

etc...

Except that is your interpetation. NOt Angryjacks. His is just as valid as yours. I fact his makes more sense than yours does.

Be that as it may, it's also essentially black letter. That and the same core "argument" occurred a month or three ago. :D
Fnord

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Borast wrote:Be that as it may, it's also essentially black letter. That and the same core "argument" occurred a month or three ago. :D

"black letter"?
I think I remember that arguement, just not how it turned out.

Hmm, If you look at a sense of smell and so forth it doesn't seem that unbalancing, when compared to other CK abilities. As opposed to some of the supernatural abilities races have. 9ANd considering it wouldn't be that useful in a space battle.)
So it's always made sense to me that a wolven can keep his smell but a dolphin would lose their innate Ley line walker abilities.
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Borast wrote:

etc...

Read the new FAQ... wolfen do, in fact, keep senses of smell and hearing...

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Vrykolas2k wrote:
Borast wrote:

etc...

Read the new FAQ... wolfen do, in fact, keep senses of smell and hearing...
Seems like something 'blatant' would be lost (A CK former Mystic losing the Spells that he's learned), as opposed to Racial Abilities -unless. of course, the Abilities in question are Supernatural. So I'd say that Rahu-Man/Octoman/Zebuloid keeps their extra Attacks/Round, Giant keeps their size and if a superior PS for Giant instead of CK, if applicable (CKs are PLENTY Strong!!), but Ecto Traveler loses Astral Plane Ability, Psychics LOSE the Powers they started with but get the CK ones, whether or not the CK ones are jnferior, and maybe Cyber-Knight Armour flakes off forever even when in "Human" Form. Perhaps Psi-Stalkers lose both the ability to sense AND to feed on PPE??? :?

Now THERE'S a Question for you. Let's say a brighter-than-normal Xiticix Killer is somehow selected. Does he lose the Appendages that he was born with (Yes, I'm aware that the Appendages are stated as bionic; but the Xiticix Killer somehow generates these selfsame Appendages in their offspring). I know, I know, it don't make no sense, as my Grandma used to say. But Xiticix Killers in the wild get those Appendages somehow......
so, do they keep 'em?? or lose them?? And if they lose them, what do they get replaced with????_
Aw poo.

Editing myself. The Xiticix do NOT get the Bionic Appendages. It had been so long since I'd last read the Article that I'd forgotten that the young don't get the Claws. In fact, I erroneously at some point started believing that succeeding generations of XKs grew their artiifical limbs through some sort of Bio-Tech/Nanotech similar to Machine People.

***grabs the stick before Zachary can get his hands on it***

:thwak:

***You're too slow, Zachary!! i've "thwacked" MYSELF!!!!*** HA!!!!!
Last edited by cornholioprime on Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

cornholio wrote: , and maybe Cyber-Knight Armour flakes off forever even when in "Human" Form.

Huh!?!?:?

Perhaps Psi-Stalkers lose both the ability to sense AND to feed on PPE??? :?

Since they "eat" PPE and CK's dont' need to eat, why would they bother?
Though they might keep the ability to feed off ppe they would probably lose their extreme sensitivity to it. Though they could probably still sense ppe a little(vastly reduced range and so forth. equivalent to the minor psychic power at no ISP cost.

Now THERE'S a Question for you. Let's say a brighter-than-normal Xiticix Killer is somehow selected.

Are they sentient?
That's the real qquestion. If not then they couldn't get selected.
And I dont' believe they are. Though I'll check just to be sure....
Dr. Doom III
Knight

cornholio wrote:Now THERE'S a Question for you. Let's say a brighter-than-normal Xiticix Killer is somehow selected. Does he lose the Appendages that he was born with (Yes, I'm aware that the Appendages are stated as bionic; but the Xiticix Killer somehow generates these selfsame Appendages in their offspring). I know, I know, it don't make no sense, as my Grandma used to say. But Xiticix Killers in the wild get those Appendages somehow......
so, do they keep 'em?? or lose them?? And if they lose them, what do they get replaced with????_

Their young don't get the bionics.
-George Orwell
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Aegis wrote:
Don't forget...a Zebuloid CK would NOT have the massively multiple attacks...like the CK description says, they appear as the original race. They loose all racial abilities and replace them with the CK abilities

I must disagree with this. I will use logic that the extra attacks are due to a combination of the extra tentacles/limbs and the way the Zebuloid mind works allowing them to use those limbs and factor into the amount of attacks per melee. If we use that logic then a non supernatural being who has more than two eyes, when turned into a cosmo knight then loses sight in all but two of those eyes. Or some being who has an eye or two behind his head, becomes a cosmo knight and now cant use those eyes behind the head. Or lets even say wings if they become cosmo knights then they either lose the wings or cant use them to fly (which I am sure that they would , although they probably wouldnt want to use the limited flight speed from wings when they can fly so fast under the powers from the cosmo knight) I could go on but I think my logic is fully explained there and that being its a physical characteristic, not some special ability.

Aegis
Agreed. Unless the Forge alters the shape of the entire body (and there is NO evidence that this has EVER happened), it does not seem logical that the Creature in question would lose the physical, non extra-sensory Skills in its body..........

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

cornholio wrote: , and maybe Cyber-Knight Armour flakes off forever even when in "Human" Form.

The Primordial_Serpent wrote:Huh!?!?:?

Meant the Question exactly as it appears. I am speculating that the Cyber-Knight's Cyber-Armour falls off forever once the CK becomes a Cosmo-Knight (which should raise more than a few eyebrows from his friends and family who know he's a Cyber-Knight).......

***Ach, Scottie!!! Yer Cyber-Armour, she's fallen off!!!! Do ye have some sort of rash or STD, Lad?!?!?!?!?***

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Aegis wrote:I mentioned this a couple months ago but didnt get many responces from it but I thought it still merited a couple thoughs.

An aberrant mechanoid which is good, and somehow is chosen to become a CK. How in the heck would they look. Like a blob of flesh (the normal for that type) who creates a cosmic armor whihc looks like the body housing, or maybe a member of the original race which the mechanoids all come from.

Then the Invailin, what would they look like it they became cosmo knights. Twisted and frail, or strong and viral (like a normal member of their race, the curse doesnt change what they originally were supposed to look like).

Just two more to ponder,

Aegis
Brother, when your PS is 30-40 SN, it don't matter what you look like!!

***If a Female CK asks you "....Do I look fat in this Dress???" then woe unto thee.***

But seriously, if the Invalian's form is actually the way it looks now, then they don't get a 'buffed up' appearance -except as their subconscious desires may cause their Cosmic Armour to look. CKs apparently don't change the appearance of their Host's 'mundane' disguise (text states that many if not most of them stay amongst their fellows; presumably, if the Forge changes your looks from Robin the Boy Wonder into Batman, your family and friends are going to look at you kinda funny. If becoming a CK ever does this to you, just tell your family you took Steroids. That worked overnight. They'll totally believe you).

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

cornholio wrote:

The Primordial_Serpent wrote:Huh!?!?:?

Meant the Question exactly as it appears. I am speculating that the Cyber-Knight's Cyber-Armour falls off forever once the CK becomes a Cosmo-Knight (which should raise more than a few eyebrows from his friends and family who know he's a Cyber-Knight).......

***Ach, Scottie!!! Yer Cyber-Armour, she's fallen off!!!! Do ye have some sort of rash or STD, Lad?!?!?!?!?***

If a Cyberknight ever bacame a CosmoKnight then they'd stop beinga Cyber Knight and become a CosmoKnight.
So not only would they lose their armor they'd also lose their psi-sword and anyother CyberKnight power.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Aegis wrote:An aberrant mechanoid which is good, and somehow is chosen to become a CK. How in the heck would they look. Like a blob of flesh (the normal for that type) who creates a cosmic armor whihc looks like the body housing, or maybe a member of the original race which the mechanoids all come from.

An aberrant mechanoid wouldn't get chosento be a CK IMO. Their cybernetic beings with tremendous Psychic powers. They might work along side CK's as a fellow power house but that's it.

Then the Invailin, what would they look like it they became cosmo knights. Twisted and frail, or strong and viral (like a normal member of their race, the curse doesnt change what they originally were supposed to look like).

Oh, but it does, if it didn't then they wouldn't look all frail now would they?
So they would look like a normal healthy member of their race.

Those are my couple of thoughts on them....

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”