Should i convert to PW from HU2 or just start a New game ??

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TechnoGothic
Knight

Should i convert to PW from HU2 or just start a New game ??

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Playing Truely Cosmic Characters

Ok, Earlier this Year, my group did a HU2 game, where we combined many many Power Catagories to make Comic Book like characters...as close as we could ;)

One of the Players used a Guyver-ish symbiote...thats just an example of how he came out, not a conversion...Mystic Bestowed, exeriment, ect...that kind of thing. Wasnt that Powerful except for his Main Weapons which was Always Max Super-energy Explusion damages...
Another Ended up Very Thanos-like...not really, but could lift 25 Tons or so...immune to vaccuum of space, Experiment, Mutant, Bestowed, super genius type....
Another we mod-off Jugg-naut...25 tons, Invulnerable, Bestowed, ect...

Ohh yeah, all MEGAS too......

Anyways

I was thinking of going Back to that game soon
But placing it in a Phase World seting this time.
PW vs HU2 deal.
i wonder if i should just keep the SDC setting though...
Since everyone has Supernatural PS so far, including most of the villians, even the Invulnerable character isnt Invulnerable really...
Everyone also has a High AR vs normal things....which again Supernat character just ignore...

We were doing a Cosmic Story, didnt go anywhere do to a few player having to move away due to LIFE changes...

Should i try to Pick Up the pieces ??
Or just start a New story in Phase World, and just use Cosmo-Knight-like characters which would be wimps compaired to the others ;)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

They probably have a load of S.D.C. and hit points. Just combine them and call it M.D.C. Thats a quick and easy conversion.

Carl
ImageImage
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

If you are going to put them in PW go with Carl's suggestion of combining for MDC. If you get stuck converting powers look at the Invincible Guardsman, and the Conversion Books for help. Scraypers has a decent set of conversions as well.

Speaking of which, have you thought about your "Cosmic" characters being drafted by some True Atlantean or some such into helping to fight for the Seerians? It would be fairly easy to drop them onto Seerion, fight a few battles to get their footing, then go into space Starjammer/Pirate style to break the yoke of the Tarlok slave trade on the interplanetary, or even intersteller level. Either use the conversions for powers to make them MDC(my suggestion), or leave everything as SDC.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re: Should i convert to PW from HU2 or just start a New game

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

gadrin wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:Playing Truely Cosmic Characters

Should i try to Pick Up the pieces ??
Or just start a New story in Phase World, and just use Cosmo-Knight-like characters which would be wimps compaired to the others ;)

Truly Cosmic Characters eh ?

So why don't you re-engineer the Cosmo-Knight as a Truly Cosmic Character in the same game system ?.

Jsut make them See witch inquisitors.
No more vunerubility to magic/psi.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”