Do you insist on powers being related?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Depends. If I'm going for an overall concept character (such as an 'energy manipulator' or 'never-tiring brick') with a strong theme element then yes I do try to make some logical sense of the powers combination. For instance, I have one character with Create Force Fields, Create Force Constructs, Flying Force Disc, and Energy Shield. He was a concept character, so all of his powers had to tie in together.

On the other hand, if I don't have a clear concept in mind I'll just random roll and be done with it. One of my most memorable early characters was a MSH induced mutant with the HU equivalent powers of APS: Metal and Flight: Winged. Those powers didn't relate to each other but I had a load of fun with that character anyway.

Not all power combinations need to be related, as truth be told very few characters have a say in what powers they manifest. If THAT were the case, you'd have 'em walking down the 'Powers' aisle at Target muttering "You know, I think I'm in a Teleportation mood today..."
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
PigLickJF
Adventurer

Unread post by PigLickJF »

I like to have them at least fitting with each other. They don't have to necessarily be directly related, I just don't like to have a laundry list of seemingly completely random powers.

Usually my method of character creation is to roll randomly and then try to come up with a concept/theme/whatever to fit those powers. If one (or some) just really don't seem to mesh with the others, or I just can't find a good way to fit them all together, I'll just swap the ones that don't with new powers that work better.

PigLick
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

personally, I tend to have a concept going or else roll to see what the dice say, much like Unc. S.

and Ranger, it's true what you say about what the GM allows, but dosn't that kinda go without saying?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

any powers can be linked with the right spin.
try Me
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

ok. . .

APS earth
APS electricity
Control: Others.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:ok. . .

APS earth
APS electricity

Try not making up APS powers.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

Takes the form of electrified earth... smoldering, arcing, etc. Through the redirecting of neural electricity, the hero is able to control the thought processes of others.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Hyperion wrote:**In case of bust, break Kittenstomps Random Tables of DOOM.**

You knwo that if you break those you'll have a lot of angry players on your ahnds right?
Not to mention the GM's....
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I prefer to have characters whose powers fit togther, as opposed to random slap-dashes of powers that just don't fit well together. I also keep an eye out for combinations of power intended to overcome limitations imposed on the PCs. Example: a character takes the power 'heavyweight' for the obvious physical advantages, and chooses 'lightning reflexes', so as to overcome the "slow and ponderous" disadvantage. I try to nip that sort of thing on the bud.
I will make exceptions if the character is very well thought out with a good background story and if I'm comfortable with the player running him/her/it, but you really have to work to make me do so.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Overlord Rikonius
Hero

Nekira Sudacne wrote:ok. . .

APS earth
APS electricity
Lightning is due to charges in the sky mixing it up with charges in the ground. This guy has an ability to become like the stuff of the earth, and, while in that state, he can create a similar electrical arc effect. IN effect, having the APS Earth power, or both active at once.
While his APS Electricity power is active, he can somehow use that ability to manipulate the electrical impulses within the human brain
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

How about throwing something harder at us? =)
Uncle Servo
Champion

Supervision: Acute Sight
Supervision: Advanced Sight
Living Anatomy
Flying Force Disc

Two of 'em should be pretty easy... the third is still doable... but let's see you rationalize the fourth into the others... :demon:
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Uncle Servo wrote:Supervision: Acute Sight
Living Anatomy
Flying Force Disc

Two of 'em should be pretty easy... the third is still doable... but let's see you rationalize the fourth into the others... :demon:

The enhanced sight comes from the ability to remove your body parts. As you can now distort your eyes out of their sockets more than a normal person would. And thus have telescopic visoin(I dont' see the difference between amplifying a picture with a microscope and amplyfying it with a telescope-in the small amounts, that is, the large amounts is very different)

FFD is just another organ you can remove and fly around.
In fact it's the organ that lets other mutants have the Flight :Wingless and Sonic Flight abilities.
For some reason it won't work while it's still inside your body.
So you have to take it out to use it.
Note that the actual organ is about the size of a button. For some reason it will only generate a "flight field" in the shape of a disk.
This may or may not be related to why it won't work in your body.

I made that up as soon as I read your post. In fact I made some of it up as I was writing.
I fail to see why you thought that was hard.
Overlord Rikonius
Hero

Living Anatomy
Flying Force Disc

ok, I'm not entirely sure what LA and FFD are, so I'm guessing LA is some sorta thing where your parts can move independantly and FFD is a flying disk or energy you ride around on or hurl at people?
If not, then this won't apply of course. :)
Well advance and acute sight are so similar that they'd pretty much have to come from the same source. Which could be linked to either of the two other powers. Any power capable of making body parts independant could also imply that certain parts have a little extra biological flexibility, like say, eyes being able to reshape themselves and thus see further. And on the flip side, one could say that the character can somehow make translucent force disks appear in front of his eyes which act as binocular lenses.
The tricky bit is linking force disks and living anatomy. The answer is, the force disks are created by a sort of highly specialized magnetic force field creator which is composed of thousands of tiny nanobots inside the body. These nanobots are, by necessity, highly efficient energy collectors and thus allow the parts to exist outside of the body, subsisting on this energy. THe nanites are further designed to sever and relink body parts because the docs realized that a body that could split itself up could reconfigure itself to make more advanced force fields.
Sadly, the experiment failed to produce the full potential of the subject. Be on the lookout for his foe, the one they finally got right, a slightly rule breaking Mega villain (or better yet, an Ultra :p) who also has Create Force Field and an energy projection power
Uncle Servo
Champion

The_Santa_Clause wrote:
Living Anatomy
Flying Force Disc

The enhanced sight comes from the ability to remove your body parts. As you can now distort your eyes out of their sockets more than a normal person would. And thus have telescopic visoin(I dont' see the difference between amplifying a picture with a microscope and amplyfying it with a telescope-in the small amounts, that is, the large amounts is very different)

FFD is just another organ you can remove and fly around.
In fact it's the organ that lets other mutants have the Flight :Wingless and Sonic Flight abilities.
For some reason it won't work while it's still inside your body.
So you have to take it out to use it.
Note that the actual organ is about the size of a button. For some reason it will only generate a "flight field" in the shape of a disk.
This may or may not be related to why it won't work in your body.

I made that up as soon as I read your post. In fact I made some of it up as I was writing.
I fail to see why you thought that was hard.

How about because you're confusing Living Anatomy with Anatomical Independence? :P

To clarify here and also for RICO, here's basically what those powers mean:

Supervision: Acute Sight -- This power gives the character ultra crisp and clear vision, able to focus down on tiny details. The effect is similar to a microscope, except that the hero merely needs to stare at an object and “look” for detail to see at that level. Can see down to the viral level

Supervision: Advanced Sight -- This is a power that gives the character supersharp, crystal clear vision. Distancing vision is not unlike that of an eagle’s. Although not telescopic, the vision is so sharp that the person can read a small sign or recognize a face/costume up to two miles (3.2 km) away.

Living Anatomy -- The character intuitively understands the human body and body language in intimate detail. The character can gauge many of the body’s indicators through simple visual observation, including heart rate, blood pressure, temperature, etc., and can perform basic diagnoses without the need of any medical instruments, he uses only his natural senses.

Flying Force Disc -- The character can create an energy disc of varying size at will. It is a round, flat force field like a large serving dish or small shield. The disc has both combat and transportation capabilities. The former as a flying discus, the latter as a floating platform.

Had I thrown in Anatomical Independence instead of Living Anatomy, however, you'd have had a good thing going... :D
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Uncle Servo wrote:
How about because you're confusing Living Anatomy with Anatomical Independence? :P

Had I thrown in Anatomical Independence instead of Living Anatomy, however, you'd have had a good thing going... :D

Well I still do.
Forcevision:
I fail to see any effective different between Acute sight and advanced sight.
So, you Forcevison lets you see good(supervison pwers) and that let's you read people good.(LA)
ANd your Forcevision can be focused to produce a force disk which you can use to do things with.
Simple as apple pie.
Uncle Servo
Champion

The_Santa_Clause wrote:
Uncle Servo wrote:

Well I still do.
Forcevision:
So, you Forcevison lets you see good(supervison pwers) and that let's you read people good.(LA)
ANd your Forcevision can be focused to produce a force disk which you can use to do things with.
Simple as apple pie.

The main difference between Acute Sight and Advanced Sight is that one is microscopic in nature and the other is regular vision taken to the extreme.

I'll give your 'Forcevision' concept good marks for the first three, but you're kinda reaching with trying to tie in FFD. The first three are powers that involve scanning/reading things -- in short, they're sensory powers.

To make the 4th one work under your concept the character would have to continually stare downward in order to 'focus' the disc into being underneath him... and when you're whizzing along in between skyscrapers at 100 mph, looking down when you need to be looking in front of you could get somewhat messy.
Overlord Rikonius
Hero

Uncle Servo wrote:
The_Santa_Clause wrote:
Uncle Servo wrote:

Well I still do.
Forcevision:
Simple as apple pie.

The main difference between Acute Sight and Advanced Sight is that one is microscopic in nature and the other is regular vision taken to the extreme.

I'll give your 'Forcevision' concept good marks for the first three, but you're kinda reaching with trying to tie in FFD. The first three are powers that involve scanning/reading things -- in short, they're sensory powers.

To make the 4th one work under your concept the character would have to continually stare downward in order to 'focus' the disc into being underneath him... and when you're whizzing along in between skyscrapers at 100 mph, looking down when you need to be looking in front of you could get somewhat messy.
ok since (as I said before) when I did Mine I didn't know what LA was, I'll bite here as the nature of LA (now that I know it) fits better than what I thought it was :)

The vision stuff is due to small force discs that are independant of the FFD disk (but made via the same phenomenon) that act as lenses and move with the head.
El problemo resolvedo
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Uncle Servo wrote: The main difference between Acute Sight and Advanced Sight is that one is microscopic in nature and the other is regular vision taken to the extreme.

No they are both amplified sight. They both let you see small things. But whatever.

Uncle Servo wrote: I'll give your 'Forcevision' concept good marks for the first three, but you're kinda reaching with trying to tie in FFD. The first three are powers that involve scanning/reading things -- in short, they're sensory powers.

Nope. it's mostly transparent.
And who say's that you'd even want to fly with it? (for instance-maybe your afraid of heights.)
As it has three ways to be used. So I think this person would mostly use it to hit things and block/sheild themself. Flight would only used in emergencies if at all.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Lord High RICO Statute wrote:ok since (as I said before) when I did Mine I didn't know what LA was, I'll bite here as the nature of LA (now that I know it) fits better than what I thought it was :)

No prob, you were half the reason I clarified what LA was.

Lord High RICO Statute wrote:The vision stuff is due to small force discs that are independant of the FFD disk (but made via the same phenomenon) that act as lenses and move with the head.

Now we're getting somewhere... :ok:

Truth be told, this actually is a character I'm playing now in thagema's campaign. While the powers themselves may appear random or disconnected, they actually do all relate to his overall concept: a flying medic. I hadn't tried to tie them all together past that though.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Uncle Servo wrote: Truth be told, this actually is a character I'm playing now in thagema's campaign. While the powers themselves may appear random or disconnected, they actually do all relate to his overall concept: a flying medic. I hadn't tried to tie them all together past that though.

So now you can say he has Force Vision! (using any of the above of course :D )
Uncle Servo
Champion

The_Santa_Clause wrote:
Uncle Servo wrote: The main difference between Acute Sight and Advanced Sight is that one is microscopic in nature and the other is regular vision taken to the extreme.

No they are both amplified sight. They both let you see small things. But whatever.

Actually, they're two distinct powers. Go back and look at the description of Advanced Sight where it compares the super ability to the vision "not unlike that of an eagle's." Actue Sight is microscopic vision. An eagle can't see an amoeba.

The_Santa_Clause wrote:Nope. it's mostly transparent.

What does transparency have to do with it?

The_Santa_Clause wrote:And who say's that you'd even want to fly with it? (for instance-maybe your afraid of heights.)
As it has three ways to be used. So I think this person would mostly use it to hit things and block/sheild themself. Flight would only used in emergencies if at all.

Only two ways are mentioned -- as a flying discus or as a flying platform. The only reference to a shield is in its general shape. Besides, its SDC is only PEx10, so it's not that great as a shield.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Uncle Servo wrote:Actually, they're two distinct powers. Go back and look at the description of Advanced Sight where it compares the super ability to the vision "not unlike that of an eagle's." Actue Sight is microscopic vision. An eagle can't see an amoeba.

Nice point, but it misses mine completely.
If you have a telescope that amplifies your image by ten and you have a microscope that amplifies it by ten, then what's the frikken difference?
If was more of a general complaint than specific to this.(Sort of a pet peeve of mine...)

Uncle Servo wrote:

You said they couldn't see through it but if it's transparent then they could.

Uncle Servo wrote:
The_Santa_Clause wrote:And who say's that you'd even want to fly with it? (for instance-maybe your afraid of heights.)

Only two ways are mentioned -- as a flying discus or as a flying platform. The only reference to a shield is in its general shape. .

1)page 28 of PU1
Flying Force Disc

The character can create an energy disc of varying size at will. It is a round flat force field like a large serving dish or small shield.

Uncle Servo wrote:Besides, its SDC is only PEx10, so it's not that great as a shield!

2)why isn't 300 SDC useful?!?!?!?:?
If you are in rifts maybe, but even then it's a minor MDC item(unless it's SDC becomes MDC in Rifts).
Overlord Rikonius
Hero

The_Santa_Clause wrote:
Uncle Servo wrote:Actually, they're two distinct powers. Go back and look at the description of Advanced Sight where it compares the super ability to the vision "not unlike that of an eagle's." Actue Sight is microscopic vision. An eagle can't see an amoeba.

If you have a telescope that amplifies your image by ten and you have a microscope that amplifies it by ten, then what's the frikken difference?
If was more of a general complaint than specific to this.(Sort of a pet peeve of mine...)

The same reason that you can't use a telescope to look at your cells or a microscope to look at Saturn, the distance that you are focused on. Both are enlarged, yeah, but microscopic is nearsighted, and telescopic is farsighted. Just like the devices from whence they get their names.
Uncle Servo
Champion

The_Santa_Clause wrote:

Supervision: Advanced Sight is NOT telescopic in nature. Look at the power description posted above. It (along with the other three power descriptions) was copied and pasted from direct scans of the book material.

And if you want to see 'the frikken difference' between the two, go try looking at a microscope slide through a telescope.

The_Santa_Clause wrote:
Uncle Servo wrote:

You said they couldn't see through it but if it's transparent then they could.

Never said you couldn't see through it. I said that if the character's head was pointed downward and his eyes 'focusing' the FFD into existance underneath him so he could ride it, then his eyes weren't looking forward... and therefore unable to clearly see things in front of him.

The_Santa_Clause wrote:
Uncle Servo wrote:

Only two ways are mentioned -- as a flying discus or as a flying platform. The only reference to a shield is in its general shape. .

1)page 28 of PU1
Flying Force Disc

The character can create an energy disc of varying size at will. It is a round flat force field like a large serving dish or small shield.

Right. It LOOKS like a small shield (or large serving dish). That too is in the power description I posted above. Read a little further (on page 28 of PU1 if you like :D ) and it'll say "The disc has both combat and transportation capabilities. The former as a flying discus, the latter as a floating platform." Nowhere in the power description is any mention of its use as a shield. Not even any parry bonuses.

The_Santa_Clause wrote:
Uncle Servo wrote:Besides, its SDC is only PEx10, so it's not that great as a shield.

2)why isn't 300 SDC useful?!?!?!?:?
If you are in rifts maybe, but even then it's a minor MDC item(unless it's SDC becomes MDC in Rifts).

If your PE is 30, then sure it's useful. What if your PE is only 9 or 10?
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Lord High RICO Statute wrote:
The_Santa_Clause wrote:

The same reason that you can't use a telescope to look at your cells or a microscope to look at Saturn, the distance that you are focused on. Both are enlarged, yeah, but microscopic is nearsighted, and telescopic is farsighted. Just like the devices from whence they get their names.

Hmm, that seems to answer it, but does it hold true at the smaller levels of magnification?
Overlord Rikonius
Hero

Uncle Servo wrote:If your PE is 30, then sure it's useful. What if your PE is only 9 or 10?
90 SDC is still enough to, on average, take 25D6 damage on average with a couple SDC left over. That's 6 to 12 gunshots. It would suck as a sole defense, but could factor in in a fight where you need just a little more breathing room, defense wise.
Or if you're fighting a guy with a revolver :)
Overlord Rikonius
Hero

The_Santa_Clause wrote:
The_Santa_Clause wrote:

Hmm, that seems to answer it, but does it hold true at the smaller levels of magnification?
sure. I remember when I was a kid I tried to use a magnifying glass to see into the distance and couldn't
Uncle Servo
Champion

Uncle Servo wrote:If your PE is 30, then sure it's useful. What if your PE is only 9 or 10?
90 SDC is still enough to, on average, take 25D6 damage on average with a couple SDC left over. That's 6 to 12 gunshots. It would suck as a sole defense, but could factor in in a fight where you need just a little more breathing room, defense wise.
Or if you're fighting a guy with a revolver :)

I'm willing to concede that point, even though the power description doesn't mention use as a shield. I guess you could get away with using it as one in a pinch. :)
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Isn't there a rule about using a shield in combat where when you successfully parry, the shield only takes 10% of the damage? I seem to recall that from PFRPG...or maybe one of the supplement books, High Seas, maybe.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

to above: sorry, I always wind up thinking of APS Stone as APS earth, don't know why.

to the one who responded to my challange, good job, ya got me.

ok, here's another on, a two majors character.

Control Elemental forces: Water
Teleport

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Nekira Sudacne wrote:to above: sorry, I always wind up thinking of APS Stone as APS earth, don't know why.

to the one who responded to my challange, good job, ya got me.

ok, here's another on, a two majors character.

Control Elemental forces: Water
Teleport

I'll bite.
What appears to be teleportation is really a very fast form of travel as water vapor. That is, the character become water and then to "teleport" he instantly evaporates and then goes to where he wanted to be and then comdensates. All this happens to fast that it appears to the naked eye as teleportation.
How that?
Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

Or, the character really *does* teleport... but, to do so, he melds with any available water source, including humidity, to form what is the aquatic version of shadow-stepping... he turns to water, vanishes, water appears elsewhere, and there he is.

Okay, that was one really *nasty* run-on sentence. But you get the gist, right?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

very good Boarst. hmmmmm. . .

I'll have to look though and try to find a harder one. this game is fun :D

actually, maybe this should be it's own thread. . .

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Nekira Sudacne wrote:very good Boarst. hmmmmm. . .

Do you mean Borast?
And I'm not him......

I'll have to look though and try to find a harder one. this game is fun :D

actually, maybe this should be it's own thread. . .

I ws thinking about this and couldn't fiqure out what to call it?
The Power Relation Thread Game?
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Uncle Servo wrote:
The_Santa_Clause wrote:
Uncle Servo wrote:

Well I still do.
Forcevision:
Simple as apple pie.

NoNoNO!

See force vision is the ability to make Disks of Force, the first three powers are from using force disks as contact lenses, while the forth is just a bigger version.
ANd since a regular human eye can focus both at object far away and NEar away then arguably some one with just Advance Vision OR Accute Sight would be near/far sided :-P .

Unread post by Guest »

Living Anatomy
Flying Force Disc

I haven't read down further to see if anyone has said this yet.

But it's really obvious.

Flying Force Disc is the Focus of the powers.

He can make smaller versions of the discs like Contact Lenses, and by changing their shapes he can produce a Telescope or Microscope effect.

Oddly, Living Anatomy is the hardest to link in this way...I'd guess that since the Force Disc is an extension of himself, that it allows him to read Micro and Macroscopic Body Cues in his target.

Oh, I don't make people link all powers except with certain categories, but I'm likely to give special benefits for linking them in creative ways.
Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadowfyr »

Ok, just because i want to see if i can make a difficult one heres mine:
(Five Minor)

Anatomical Independence
Bubble Glue
APS of Limb Crystal
Adhesion
Seismic Power

thats should be a tough one... LOL :lol:
You are so huggably evil! :ok: ~ Temporalmage

So, come to a concensus...
Put five people in a room, and you have ten opinions! ~ Borast
Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

Shadow wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :-? :-? :? :-?

LMAO :lol:

whats funny is that i rolled that up but i cant think of any logical reason why i did that, but i cant nor will i play it.. just a funny combo.. but i'd like to see what ya'll can do to it...

have fun...

Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
Shadowfyr wrote:Ok, just because i want to see if i can make a difficult one heres mine:
(Five Minor)

Anatomical Independence
Bubble Glue
APS of Limb Crystal
Adhesion
Seismic Power

thats should be a tough one... LOL :lol:

The Rock Lizard. Your powers seem to be some sort of lizard-base...with the crystal appearing to be a form of calcified armoring on the one arm. The bubble glue you spit out as a blob that turns to a bubble when it strikes its target. Adhesion is a lizard ability, anatomical independence is an exaggeration of a lizard's ability to pop off its own tail. Seismic power is due to natural animal-like attentiveness to the earth...you have seismic power for the same reason dogs and birds know when an earthquake is coming. The only one that's a stretch is the limb, but if you think of it appearing as some sort of naturalistic rocky organic growth then it can work.

holy crap dude that at least makes the most sense of those powers... although the anatomical independence one is a bit leary as to why the character will be able to pop out his eyes, ears, etc... but everything else actually makes sense....

Darn it... I will confuse you, just give some time.. LOL
But good synopsis though.

Unread post by Guest »

Charge Object with Explosive Energy
Dimensional Room
APS:Metal

Go ahead, link them, I dare ya!
Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

Edge wrote:Charge Object with Explosive Energy
Dimensional Room

You have to be in your metal form to protect yourself from having to charge objects with explosive energy to blow a hole open which allows you to step into a dimensional space.

Unread post by Guest »

Shadowfyr wrote:
Dimensional Room

You have to be in your metal form to protect yourself from having to charge objects with explosive energy to blow a hole open which allows you to step into a dimensional space.

The Technique is sound.

Still doesn't provide a good cause or theme.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Edge wrote:
Shadowfyr wrote:
Dimensional Room

The Technique is sound.

Still doesn't provide a good cause or theme.

To protect his body from his ability to charge objects his body developed the ability to turn into Metal. Said metal has strange properties and when he puts a special charge in an object it causes a vibration through his metal form which then causes the dimensional door to open?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.

Unread post by Guest »

Pretty good.

So the main power would be the Dimensional Room one then.
Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
steelmax wrote:Bend light
Clock manipulation
Color manipulation
Sleep dust
Toy control

You possess low-level matter-energy manipulation, possibly quantum...allowing you to affect the flight of photons, and the makeup and movement of sub-atomic particles. Were you more broadly-minded, you'd be a mega hero of insane proportions, however, your childhood fascination with clockwork constructs, like wind-up toys and the like, has unconsciously restricted your application of powers. Everything you do is, in effect, focused around the imaginary world you made up in your head while playing with your toys...you could change their color, make them move on their own, and never wind down. If someone tried to take them you could bend light around them to hide them and even temporarly shut down the brains of those trying to interfere with playtime.
Congrats! You're just a few psychiatrist sessions away from being the next Galactus! In the meantime, you're stuck making your toy stormshadow's outfit black as he dances around the nightstand.

let me guess the in bold is the sleep dust part?

but dude that'd be one cool character to play if someone can play off the insanity of "dependent on toys" lol... nah but thats funny.

Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

Experiment - 2maj 1min

Distort Space
Divine Healing

Bookworm

not sure how difficult this is .. but i'd love to see el magico's synopsis :lol:

khyron1144
Explorer
Comment: Everyone's a super hero; Everyone's a Captain Kirk

Unread post by khyron1144 »

I usually don't.

My brother created a PC for my game that was from the Imbued category and he had five minor powers, so he chose:

1) Adhesion
2) Multiple Limbs (arms)
3) Flight: Winged
4) Color Manipulation
and
5) Stench

They don't make all that much sense together, but they are an interesting combination.
This is indeed a disturbing universe.

First there is a mountain. Then there is no mountain. Then there is.

As ninety-nine red balloons go by.
khyron1144
Explorer
Comment: Everyone's a super hero; Everyone's a Captain Kirk

Unread post by khyron1144 »

Shadowfyr wrote:Experiment - 2maj 1min

Distort Space
Divine Healing

Bookworm

not sure how difficult this is .. but i'd love to see el magico's synopsis :lol:

Your extreme learnedness has opened up your mind enough to allow a major degree of control over time/space. With this ability it's pretty easy to put things back to normal after injury.
This is indeed a disturbing universe.

First there is a mountain. Then there is no mountain. Then there is.

As ninety-nine red balloons go by.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

khyron1144 wrote:I usually don't.

My brother created a PC for my game that was from the Imbued category and he had five minor powers, so he chose:

1) Adhesion
2) Multiple Limbs (arms)
3) Flight: Winged
4) Color Manipulation
and
5) Stench

They don't make all that much sense together, but they are an interesting combination.

He turns into a stink-bug with the ability to change colors of objects with the power of his stench. ;)

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”