It's great to be loathed...

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

It's great to be loathed...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

It's great to be loathed by your players.

Tonight I introduce my players to a new type of rift that changes there very being (Kinda like on heavy metal) and a world with bat winged panthers, the mages familiar can talk now, and an a new definition of armor weakness. 1 MDC = 2 SDC, the rift changed the structure of the armor. Also, their electric weapons are no more. They thought that they liked the changes, until they found out they weren't MDC here. The only source of magic other than sacrifices is what are called life stones. Some one with 1 life stone will regenerate 2 PPE points an hour.

Gold and silver are worthless there...This village deal primarialy in ivory, furs, and gem stones not useless metals.

These life stones are found primarily in the oceans. They are 3,000 miles from the ocean. And yes, the mage has a Turbo Wing Board.

And their first encounter with a rase of both blond blue eyed Elves and red haired green eyed elves with human MAs.

There is a tower which is made of these life stone, that is owned by a mage who charges a fee to open a gate way to worlds, but will not open ione to an unformliar one. So, they are going to see if she's been to earth. I hate to tell them this but she hasn't.

The PCs are there until I get done with them.

I told them not to play characters that they mind being changed in one form or another and that they were going off planet for the foreseeable future. The one player I think I pissed off the most was playing a chiang ku, who is now stuck in the form he teleported in, (AKA: human).

1 life stone = 10 horn from the "great white beasts", 90 furs, or several rough gem stones. However the mage may take pitty on them and give them a stone or two, it's all up to them and how they play it.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

gadrin wrote:that's not bad.

was this something heavily researched (like built using the Megaversal book) or a whim ?

how did the mage find out his familiar speaks ? did you freak him out and ask for food or something ? :lol:

No, it was just some idea I've had for a while. After watching Heavy Metal for the 9999th time I thought I would do it. I rarely run Rifts anymore.

The bird, now a foot taller, flew over to him and ask if he was okay. He replied "No, you can talk, and I'm...what am I?"
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”