Dominators

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sentinel
Palladin

Dominators

Unread post by Sentinel »

aside from the Phase World book, where is there more information on the Dominators? Or, is there any?
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Unfortunately, no more info on this RCC anywhere else, not even in the 'Rifter' Series......
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Sentinel
Palladin

Hm. Well I'll just have to "home-brew' a solution.
Thinking about adding powers from HUII, esp. energy expulsion. Maybe I'll base it on a mega-hero/alien.

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

When it comes to dominators, nothing is too high powered... those things ARE supposed to warrant a whole team of Cosmo Knights when comes the time to put them down
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Sentinel
Palladin

Any tips on building their ships? What books do I need? I have AU:Galaxy Guide, but should I get other Phase Worlds books to do this?

Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Manhunter also has some interesting devices for ship building
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Make a sphere 100 kilometres wide, load it with hundreds of uber-weapon systems, tens of thousands of robots, lab space, engines capable of driving them at speeds (STL and FTL) beyond what anyone else is capable of going. :D

Any other questions? :lol:
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: Dominators

K20A2_S wrote:
Sentinel wrote:aside from the Phase World book, where is there more information on the Dominators? Or, is there any?

Aren't those one of the Cosmo Knights nemesis?
They're pretty much everybody's Nemesis.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Rimmer
Adventurer

Unread post by Rimmer »

Just go read up on "Galactus" and his poofy sidekick, "The Silver Surfer".
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

However Rimmer, don't forget...Galactus is 'immortal.' Dominators are not. :D
Fnord

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Sentinel
Palladin

Okay, so, I got my Dominator almost finished. He's got 4 Staphra warriors (Splynn), A Fallen Cosmo-Knight, and 6 captured Invincible Guardians as his crew of lackeys.
How'm I doing so far?

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

A single Dominator would likely be able to take over Earth...provided he avoided Atlantis, Mexico and Peru. :D Once he has done THAT...he MIGHT be able to take over Peru, and once the Incan gods are taken care of, he can work on Mexico, then, once all the major nasties are taken care of, he can launch a proposal to Atlantis to their mutual benefit. :D

As for the orbital community...they couldn't hurt the dominator if they wanted. After all, with all their systems shut down for the duration of the Dominator's visit (with the possible exception of Life Support...but don't bet on it). :D After all, their tech is "primitive"...stone age when in relation to the Dom's tech. 8)
Fnord

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Sentinel..."slaves" as opposed to "lackeys", would be a more appropriate, and they tend to operate alone. What they do with the slaves is beyond me. :?

Don't forget, in Hammer of the Forge (non-canon or no), it took 4 or 5 Cosmo-Knights to take one out, and all but one would have been 3-7th or higher level!
Fnord

Rimmer
Adventurer

Unread post by Rimmer »

Zerebus, Borast, would you both please take 100 geek points and go sit at the back of the class so all the other minor type geeks can have a go :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Hey...I am NOT a geek...I'm a nerd! :D
Fnord

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Borast wrote:A single Dominator would likely be able to take over Earth...provided he avoided Atlantis, Mexico and Peru. :D Once he has done THAT...he MIGHT be able to take over Peru, and once the Incan gods are taken care of, he can work on Mexico, then, once all the major nasties are taken care of, he can launch a proposal to Atlantis to their mutual benefit. :D

As for the orbital community...they couldn't hurt the dominator if they wanted. After all, with all their systems shut down for the duration of the Dominator's visit (with the possible exception of Life Support...but don't bet on it). :D After all, their tech is "primitive"...stone age when in relation to the Dom's tech. 8)

Actually, a Dominator {upon killing and enslaving the orbital communities, and likely the arkhons as well} would look at earth, see what was going on in Mexico, and choose dawn as a time for a major bombardment. Survivors would join his/ her other slaves in building a land-base.
Next targetted area would be the xiticix nests for bombardment, followed by the city-states like Chi-Town, Lone Star et cetera...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Zerebus wrote:Major bombardment? How about just blasting the core out of the planet and calling it a day?

Where's the fun in that?
If I were a Dominator, I'd get bored after the first two or three hundred planets I simply annihilated...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Svartalf
Champion

Zerebus wrote:Major bombardment? How about just blasting the core out of the planet and calling it a day?

A) a dimensional nexus like Earth is a major resource, not to be wasted, as destroying the planet would

B) not all Doms have planetbusting weapons

C) given the very nature of Rifts earth, I bet that if anybody tried that, they'd get some major ley line storms, plus a number of rifts opening and foiling them
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Svartalf wrote:

A) a dimensional nexus like Earth is a major resource, not to be wasted, as destroying the planet would

B) not all Doms have planetbusting weapons

C) given the very nature of Rifts earth, I bet that if anybody tried that, they'd get some major ley line storms, plus a number of rifts opening and foiling them
More correctly, Svartalf, WHAT Dominators have Planet-Busting Weps???

On another note, it's interesting to note that many Posters are saying that ONE Dominator can conquer Rifts Earth....where even the Splugorth and most of the Pantheons cannot....

One moment he's a Giant-sized Promethean lookalike, the next moment he's as powerful as the Mechanoids?!?!?!? :nh: :rolleyes: :frust: :erm: :nuke: :roll:

PS: I just saw that Johnson picture of the Dominator again. I don't even want to think about what those women on the side of the Throne are for....... :eek:

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Zerebus wrote:
cornholio wrote:More correctly, Svartalf, WHAT Dominators have Planet-Busting Weps???

Of course, their ships were never given stats, but there is reference to a planet busting Dominator in Rifts South America 2.
Thanks. I'll look it up.

Svartalf
Champion

Thing is, Dominators are Über monsters... something on a par with the Lord of the Deep and Nxla... the kind of stuff you hear a lot about, but very rare and normally too big for the PCs to handle

The Galactus equivalency is not at all far from it, except it's a Galactus able to maintain its status in a universe where Superbeings are not all that rare and a deity called the Cosmic Forge creates some Über Space rangers just to send them after you if you cause too much trouble...
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

cornholio wrote:PS: I just saw that Johnson picture of the Dominator again. I don't even want to think about what those women on the side of the Throne are for....... :eek:

Eye candy?

Why else did a giant slug chain a beautiful woman at his chair? ;)
Fnord

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Zerebus wrote:
cornholio wrote:PS: I just saw that Johnson picture of the Dominator again. I don't even want to think about what those women on the side of the Throne are for....... :eek:

Think of them as lawn ornaments.
Hey you!! Yes, the Dominator over there!! Just what are you doing to those Garde Gnomes!?!?!?

Sentinel
Palladin

Borast wrote:Sentinel..."slaves" as opposed to "lackeys", would be a more appropriate, and they tend to operate alone. What they do with the slaves is beyond me. :?

Don't forget, in Hammer of the Forge (non-canon or no), it took 4 or 5 Cosmo-Knights to take one out, and all but one would have been 3-7th or higher level!

They get the lousy jobs, things the Dominator doesn't feel like doing, or feels are beneath him. Plus the attractive ones can serve his baser desires. The pic of the Dominator with the two women chained to his throne leads me to believe they still care about those things.

Actually, he'll be coming to Atlantis to buy more slaves: That's most likely how I'll get players involved.

I kinda got the feeling that while a Dominator is tough, he probably wouldn't go around just randomly pi$$ing off Spluglorth lords. That could lead to several pointless battles, and I want the Xp for "avoiding unneccessary violence".

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”