Ghostworld

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DBX
Hero

Ghostworld

Unread post by DBX »

anyone have any good takes on the "ghostworld" mentioned in PW book 1.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: Ghostworld

Unread post by cornholioprime »

DBX wrote:anyone have any good takes on the "ghostworld" mentioned in PW book 1.
Uhh. it' a nice palce to visit, but you wouldn't want to STAY there!?!?!?
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

The one the Noro caused?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Esckey
Adventurer

Unread post by Esckey »

Or are you talking about that one that dissappears for a few days and then comes back, and anyone that was on the planet before isn't there any longer?
God says he loves me, but I suspect he's just in it for the sex

Never underestimate someone as insane as I am

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it

"Come Filthy Assistants!!"- Spider Jerusalem
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Esckey wrote:Or are you talking about that one that dissappears for a few days and then comes back, and anyone that was on the planet before isn't there any longer?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the one referred to.

CG
ImageImage
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

Carl Gleba wrote:
Esckey wrote:Or are you talking about that one that dissappears for a few days and then comes back, and anyone that was on the planet before isn't there any longer?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the one referred to.

CG

yes, i was asking about that one. (its Blurb is in the Kreeghor empire's planets, as far as i can remember)

you could have it as NE's facility to get foolish people to be turned into Rebobots

Ghostworld being the physical manifestation of an Unnameable Being is also popular. when it disappears, the S.I wakes up & when it reappears, it has been put back to sleep by the cosmic lullaby. In the meantime it has eaten the people on it.

I also like the idea of it straddling various dimensions, so when it disappears its orbit has just moved to another system in another dimension, via a space anomaly, which opens up when there are enough people on Ghostworld's surface to provide enough latent ppe release that the space anomaly/portal opens.

the people are taken of the world, in that dimension, as those dimensions people are the Intruders. they don't want anyone to know of their home dimension or world.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

DBX wrote:I also like the idea of it straddling various dimensions, so when it disappears its orbit has just moved to another system in another dimension, via a space anomaly, which opens up when there are enough people on Ghostworld's surface to provide enough latent ppe release that the space anomaly/portal opens.

The problem with this is that the book clearly states that the planet is still "present" when it, um...leaves. It's mass is still physically present in "this" dimension, just not apparently detectable by any means other that by it's gravity field.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

The problem with this is that the book clearly states that the planet is still "present" when it, um...leaves. It's mass is still physically present in "this" dimension, just not apparently detectable by any means other that by it's gravity field.

what if some uber tech empire was "transporting" denizens off the planet from another dimension. the original strar trek transporter thing. when this is in effect, the planet just gets enveloped by this world wide transporter & isn't seen until it is switched off.

is it possible to land on it, while it disappears if it is still there
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

DBX...you vounteering? :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

Borast wrote:DBX...you vounteering? :D

there's only us chickens in the house!

if you want to do a scenario to see what is going on. the player group have to be on it when it happens. to see what happens & to give "cheezy" escape routeto player group is to get to them on the planet after the **** hits the fan & say you got chance to get out because of yoru late arrival! they come up good way to escape, they live, they don't they disappear.

you need an interesting idea of what is going on.

temporal phasing? osunds good
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

could ghostworld just be "fade towns" on a larger scale.

Ghostworld disappearing act sounds like 2nd stage Promethans. could it be 2nd stagers become part of Ghostworld when they change into 2nd stagers & their power comes from feeding on all those stuck on Ghostworld,

or could Ghostworld be an uber Promethan, maybe the creator of Promethans

Unread post by Guest »

4 D Transformation Spell.

It doesn't state if the 4-d transformation removes your mass, does it?

Maybe a planet would have enough mass to show up still...

it's just otherwise completely undetectable...

it's also one way, so the people who were on it become now insane 4-D beings, stranded in open space.
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

Edge wrote:4 D Transformation Spell.

that is a very good and original take on Ghostworld 8-) :ok: 8-) :ok:

Unread post by Guest »

because the people who aren't used to becoming 4-D beings quickly lose their grip on reality, and it would be something akin to being dumped in hyperspace...

if you wanted you could say that the difference between a mage using 4-D Transformation, and the unwitting victims of the ghostworld is that the mage knows to anchor himself to the world...

the unexpecting people don't, so when they planet proceeds around it's orbit, they are left floating in space.

works for me...always love having a chance to point out that everything in the universe is moving rapidly.

Unread post by Guest »

Ok..

here's a scary thought.

4-D predators.

"wow guys, I feel like a god...this is great...

oh...wait, what the hell is thaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGAHHH!!
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

Zerebus wrote:
Edge wrote:4 D Transformation Spell.

It doesn't state if the 4-d transformation removes your mass, does it?

Maybe a planet would have enough mass to show up still...

it's just otherwise completely undetectable...

it's also one way, so the people who were on it become now insane 4-D beings, stranded in open space.

Makes sense to me. But then why does the planet come back without ANY of the people? Eventually, someone's going to still be on the "surface" of the 4D world when the world shifts back. And if people aren't brought back because of their being separate objects, then why do separate inanimate objects come back?

if the planet goes through this 4-d or any other d phase ****, then as soon as that happens alot of beings on it, are stuck between a rock and a hard place. they are suddenly exposed to Zero-G and the vaccum of space and/or stuck in-between dimensions. where any SI worth his soul, would just gobble them up & spit them out.

Unread post by Guest »

Zerebus wrote:
DBX wrote: SI worth his soul, would just gobble them up & spit them out.

Bad! Bad Hounds of Tindalos!

so we consider this solved right?

do to my greatness...I win!
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Edge wrote:
Zerebus wrote:
DBX wrote: SI worth his soul, would just gobble them up & spit them out.

Bad! Bad Hounds of Tindalos!

so we consider this solved right?

do to my greatness...I win!

:frazz:

Only now that you've seen the Hound of Tintalos, They SEE YOU!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Flee for life!!!!
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”