Where are they?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kamikazzijoe
Dungeon Crawler

Where are they?

Unread post by kamikazzijoe »

IF the splugorth tried to conquer phase world mutliple times with all of its space station defenses and powerful defenders they obviously weren't going to do it with a bunch of fighters. So where are the Splugorth capitol ships? And as a side note if Splynn saved the kitani from the mechanoids how come every splugorth seems to have them as servants?

Same for Naruni. If a planet is going to have their entire defense be naruni they they have to have atleast frigates, if not some destroyers.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

I think big Splugorth ships are supposed to be in the next (delayed) book.

It always annoyed me that every Splugorth has the same minions. The standard races however have been around for quite a number of years and it does make sense that everyone would have them.
But I think some should have ones that they have alone or just a few have.

The Kreegor in the Three Galaxies rebelled so it would not be outside the realm of possibility that some in other dimensions may still have some.
Unless they killed them all incase they rebelled too.
Last edited by Dr. Doom III on Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

gadrin wrote:I don't think the Splugorth *themselves* are a space-faring group, they rely on Magic and Bio-Wizardry. They probably open Rifts and attack from within. Remember that too, Center/Phase World is at the center of a galaxy far, far away. It'll take lots of time for ships to get there.

on the other hand, the Kittani are and have been a space-faring race for eons. In fact the Sploogs saved them from the Mechanoids. These are likely the only ships the Sploogs have and it may not be enough.

a couple of decent Kittani warcraft are here...
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jacksonsdc/index.htm

I'd ignore the "Kittani like to fight with weaker weapons logic" as the Atlantis book clearly states that "they love high technology, so the more advanced and deadly the better" about them. I think the author was trying to spin the "rifts power creep" situation. :lol:

there are around 3 or 4 Sploog empires in the 3 Galaxies IIRC. If one moves all of its assets against the Prometheans...it might be vulnerable to the other Sploogs who'd love to carve up whatever is left and conquer it.
There are plenty o' Kittani, Atlanteans, Shaydorians, Sunaj etc, so that each will have spies in each others shorts.

as far as what they left out...a lot, as there's no way to touch every portion of the enormity of what is the 3 Galaxies. The Star Ghost fighter mentions that the Pros have at least frigates with this capability.

Kittani aren't allowed to learn Techno-Wizardry, so the Rift jump drives et cetera wouldn't be there...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Dr. Doom III wrote:I think big Splugorth ships are supposed to be in the next (delayed) book.

It always annoyed me that every Splugorth has the same minions. The standard races however have been around for quite a number of years however and it does make sense that everyone would have them.
But I think some should have ones that they have alone or just a few have.

The Kreegor in the Three Galaxies rebelled so it would not be outside the realm of possibility that some in other dimensions may still have some.
Unless they killed them all incase they rebelled too.

Are you like, drunk or something?
This is the MOST nonsensical post I've read from you.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Vrykolas2k wrote:Are you like, drunk or something?

Except for mistakenly using however twice in one sentence I don't see what you mean.
Perhaps it's just Doom's superior power of understanding? :)
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Dr. Doom III wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:Are you like, drunk or something?

Except for mistakenly using however twice in one sentence I don't see what you mean.
Perhaps it's just Doom's superior power of understanding? :)

More like schizophrenia... :P

Jesterzzn
Champion

Re: Where are they?

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

K20A2_S wrote:
kamikazzijoe wrote:IF the splugorth tried to conquer phase world mutliple times with all of its space station defenses and powerful defenders they obviously weren't going to do it with a bunch of fighters. So where are the Splugorth capitol ships? And as a side note if Splynn saved the kitani from the mechanoids how come every splugorth seems to have them as servants?

Same for Naruni. If a planet is going to have their entire defense be naruni they they have to have atleast frigates, if not some destroyers.

I've given up trying to understand Phase World and Splugorth just to save my sanity.

Ditto.
:fool:
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

On the Point of the Sploogs all having the same minions I agree that while the Kitanni kydians Powerlords and etc. could span every Spoog. I agree that there should be some that are specific to each one. LIke the Sunaj. They made the Deal with Splynncryth not with every sploog out there. (so far as my reading of the the section with the Sunaj goes). Now I could see a few Sunaj agents among the other Sploogs if they were "friends" with Splynnboy or made a deal but not all Sploogs would have them among their minions.

END RANT
DBX
Hero

Re: Where are they?

Unread post by DBX »

kamikazzijoe wrote:IF the splugorth tried to conquer phase world mutliple times with all of its space station defenses and powerful defenders they obviously weren't going to do it with a bunch of fighters. So where are the Splugorth capitol ships? And as a side note if Splynn saved the kitani from the mechanoids how come every splugorth seems to have them as servants?

rough guide. have the splugorths PW book tech about 20% better than TE tech (that is how our group uses them) or you can say their PW book tech lvl is upto 20% less than TE tech.

i think the TE tech is stolen from the splugorths, but they would noty have got all the cutting edge splugorth tech, mainly because that will be some sort of magic ****, so Splugorth tech would (IMO) be at least around 20-30% better than TE tech.

but there is also a case to say that the TE got splugorth tceh & then made it better due to help from their SI or trading/ conquering worlds in 3 galaxies. if you take this approach, splugorth tech lvl can be said to be about 10-20% less than TE tech lvl.
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

aegis wrote:
i think the TE tech is stolen from the splugorths, but they would noty have got all the cutting edge splugorth tech

In part I think you are correct. I am sure that a good part of their tech from military to lifestyle is taken from the splugorth. I think that there are other things that add to this. One, the biggest I would dare say, is the Dweller beneath. We are told that that is the reason why they were able to revolt and win. I would have to guess that that being had some tech knowledge at least, or knew where to get some, to help out the kreegor race, think of it like better get some new tech here too if the sploogs come back they know the limitations of their own tech and can use that against us. The other is the kreegor themselves. Read in the first sourcebook for Phase world under the invincible guardsmen, they loved bio wizardry but couldnt figure it out so they went with the genetic agumentation route. Which for me I would take any day over biowizardry, with the exception of how many beings die from the guardsmen transformation.

THere are probably other other reasons as well. I mean they must try and reverse engineer CCW and UWW stuff (the tech stuff at least).

Aegis, thoughts and ramblings

so as a rough guide for Splugorth tech ( until we get stats in future books) it is reasonable to assume that Splugotech in PW will be around the TE empire, with a 10-20% swing either way. The TE will base their tech around Splugorth tech ( they wouldn't have got the most advanced ****,a sthat is mainly mystic based) & then with help of their S.I & conquest of 3 glaxies their improved on the splugorth tech lvl)

but we should keep in mind the splugorth would not have sitting around drinking cup of tea & twiddling their tentacles. they too would have been improving their tech lvl & conquering others. so IMO they will be still ahead of TE empire as it is in the latest books.

(IMO's):

also SPlyncryyths Kittani will have tech superior to NE tech, & Splyncryythh will have tech lvls maybe higher than other splugorths do. IMO: Kittani would be the quickest advancing on Rifts Earth, followed by ATlantis ( these go hand in hand), then it is LAszlo, Triax, & other nations following them.

it is for this reason NE's want to get presence on Rifts Earth, their only edge over their Splugorth rivals is in tech terms, yet they have given at least one Splugorth lord a great big head start, & it will be only matter of time before the Splugorths start sharing this edge little Splynny has gotten.

Kittani would use TW in their ships. they are not the ones limiting its use, but the SPlugorth lords do. The splugorth lords may well put it in Kittani ships, but would put a conservator or high lord in charge. it does say the Kittani would like to conquer on their own, not be part of other forces, i.e the kittani military may well have a non-kittani superior in overall control of their military when their on warpath.

bit like Jem hadr in ST:DS9
Last edited by DBX on Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

aegis wrote:Eeek I wasnt saying anyones tech was better than anyone elses. I was just trying to say that I think that the kreegor got their tech levels from multiple venues. Thats all.

Aegis

not saying you did. but until we get stats for it, we have to make assumptions on "fluff" text. i just saying our group's stats for Splugorth ship stats (tech lvl) is basing on this reasoning(probably flawed reasoning, but this is how we see things going by books)

TE tech & Its current lvk is based on first & foremost stolen Splugorth tceh, imported tech by SI & reverse engineered tech, as well conquering other worlds since they became their own empire.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”