Supernatural Cosmo Knights?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

there is no contradiction... common Kreeghor are NOT supernatural beings, as evidenced by their complete lack of psi or magical powers... don't let an MDC body and some soupie level attributes fool you. so a Kreeghor can become a CosK

on the other hand, Royal Kreeghor can't, because THEY are soupies
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

okapi wrote:Alright, I'm willing to accept that, but then the question becomes, what IS a supernatural being then?

What tushy will an Apok kick? How much beat-down will a Sea Inquisitor give? What defines a supernatural being?

My general rule of thumb to date has been Supernatural Endurance. How do I know? What's the rule? Are there guidelines?

Think innate magical powers and you will rarely go wrong.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Dr. Doom III wrote:
okapi wrote:Alright, I'm willing to accept that, but then the question becomes, what IS a supernatural being then?

What tushy will an Apok kick? How much beat-down will a Sea Inquisitor give? What defines a supernatural being?

My general rule of thumb to date has been Supernatural Endurance. How do I know? What's the rule? Are there guidelines?

Think innate magical powers and you will rarely go wrong.
Agreed with Doom. Apart from the Brodkil and the Regular Gargoyles/Gargoylites, and MAYBE a Giant or two (although Palladium True Giants are said to be Creatures of Magic), there really are VERY few exceptions. If it can cast or create Magic Effects WITHOUT learning them, then it is almost DEFINITELY Supernatural or Quasi-Supernatural..........
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

yea.

"supernatural" strength and endurance can be from inhuman stamina and strength, or mutatant powers (see Skraypers, technically phase world material)

but that alone dosn't mean supernatural. inherent magical abilites does.

if they can "turn invisible at will" or "Teleprot" and things like that, THEN they are supernatural.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”