Dimension Riders

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Gadrin,

Some are more than NPC's, some are actually player characters from my gaming group.

Conan and Kursten were the main characters. The guy that played Kursten did an awesome job playing the shifter and inspired a ton of ideas. My other friend wanted a warrior mage type character and so Conan was born.

Beth was a character I pulled from another game that had a brief team up with Conan and Kursten. The same player that played Beth played Chronicle in many games. However, Chronicles is not his true name and was changed to protect the copyrighted.

Oswald was a flesh out NPC that I needed as a mentor to Kursten. Fire Fly and Zepher were both NPC's that interacted with the group at various times. Zepher was actually a Shifter guide that took Conan and Kursten to the tree of Darkness to get to Hades.

Finally Khan was a sort of secondary character played by the player who played Kursten. At any given time there was just three of us so it helped to make the group bigger.

Urdi-Mbre was created by Mr. Yoho. That was just one of those little east eggs I put in.

Of course I tried to leave this kind of vague, so if you want to flesh out your own Dimension Riders, I'd like to see the results.

Carl
ImageImage
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Easter eggs are fun. Almost all of the character names in Arzno mean something, if only to me. I suspect that we all do that.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Now I have to wonder if any of the names in Arzno remind me of anything/anyone.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Carl Gleba

gadrin wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:Gadrin,

Some are more than NPC's, some are actually player characters from my gaming group.

Conan and Kursten were the main characters. The guy that played Kursten did an awesome job playing the shifter and inspired a ton of ideas. My other friend wanted a warrior mage type character and so Conan was born.

Beth was a character I pulled from another game that had a brief team up with Conan and Kursten. The same player that played Beth played Chronicle in many games. However, Chronicles is not his true name and was changed to protect the copyrighted.

Oswald was a flesh out NPC that I needed as a mentor to Kursten. Fire Fly and Zepher were both NPC's that interacted with the group at various times. Zepher was actually a Shifter guide that took Conan and Kursten to the tree of Darkness to get to Hades.

Finally Khan was a sort of secondary character played by the player who played Kursten. At any given time there was just three of us so it helped to make the group bigger.

Urdi-Mbre was created by Mr. Yoho. That was just one of those little east eggs I put in.

Of course I tried to leave this kind of vague, so if you want to flesh out your own Dimension Riders, I'd like to see the results.

Carl

neat, would these guys mind submitting their PCs here ? (are they BBS members) so we could look at them ?

if not what were the demigods like ? (occ/magics wise, etc)

Sorry these guys are not on the BBS. This is from memory.

Conan is a Demi-god special forces with skills leaning towards assassin. He of course had magic powers of a ley liner. However instead of getting every spell per level he got like 1D6, but he could learn spells like a ley liner so he has a fair number. Last I recall he managed to swing a deal with the council of tolkeen and scored a spell from the book of ten. He's also holding onto a scroll of Barrier of toth, and while he wants to convert it, just doesn't want to take a chance of loosing the scroll.

Yeah we had good times with conan.

Beth is another Demi-god special forces with a general mix if skills. She loves her power armor. Her powers are psionics. We did them like a mind mage instead of giving her a whole category.

Kursten of course was a Shifter - elf.

Khan was a Lord Magus (I think) and he was a cat from south america, but I can't remember which one.

Sorry I don't have the characters, just the NPC's and I just don't have the time to type them up.

Come to a convention sometime and I'll bring them :D

Carl
ImageImage
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Makes me want to break out my Transdimensional TMNT and my new Megaverse Builder, and whip up a cross-dimensional adventure for my HUII game.
My players would never forgive me.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Sentinel
Palladin

gadrin wrote:
Sentinel wrote:Makes me want to break out my Transdimensional TMNT and my new Megaverse Builder, and whip up a cross-dimensional adventure for my HUII game.
My players would never forgive me.

well, if you feel like it, I'd be willing to brainstorm.

I'm still a little fuzzy on HU, but that might be interesting. I prefer Phase World, but have Aliens Unlimited. I haven't read Megaverse Builder completely though.

I like Phase World (although I am a little hesitant on Phase Powers and a few other things), but it seems like a good basis for a space campaign.
Of course, I do not use MDC, so I make that conversion right away.

But yes, brainstorming is good.

Carl Gleba

gadrin wrote:All right, here's the first Shadow Lord I rolled up for my private version of the Dimension Riders (TM) club...

Nice work Carl...which XP table to use? Dragon ?

Fumix - Shadow Lord

Name: Fumix.
Alignment: Unprincipled.
Attributes: I.Q. 14, M.E. 15, M.A. 11, P.S. 19, P.P. 16, P.E. 19, P.B. 7, Spd. 17.
M.D.C.: 270.
Horror Factor: 16.
Height: 8 feet, Weight: 200 lbs. Age: 972 years.
P.P.E.: 319, I.S.P.: 0.
Experience Level: 9th level Shadow Lord.
Experience Points: 0.
Skills:
     Ancient Weapon: W.P. Paired Weapons, W.P. Staff.
     Espionage: Intelligence (68%).
     Hand to Hand: Hand to Hand: Racial.
     Natural Abilities: Lore: Dimensions (80%).
     Rogue: Prowl (85%).
     Technical: Lore: Demons & Monsters (90%), Lore: Faerie (70%), Lore: Magic (88%).
     Wilderness: Land Navigation (64%), Wilderness Survival (65%).
Special Abilities: 1D6+1 to know all spells for up to that level, 51-100% hit will hit, 6 to 10 Shadowy Tendrils, Fly 60 mph, Know all Shadow Magic spells, Nightvision 1000 feet, Paired Weapons with tendrils only, Shadowsight, Shadow Vision, Shadesword for no P.P.E, Summon Shadow Beast, Shadowmeld for no P.P.E, Sunlight -- halve flight speed, combat bonuses & M.D.C, Weapons of light + lightning + silver does double damage.
Spells:
     Invocations: Armor of Ithan (10), Astral Hole (120), Astral Projection (10), Aura of Power (4), Befuddle (6), Blinding Flash (1), Breathe Without Air (5), Chameleon (6), Cleanse (6), Climb (3), Cloak of Darkness (6), Cloud Of Smoke (2), Concealment (6), Create Magic Scroll (Special), Create Wood (Special), Death Trance (1), Detect Concealment (6), Dimensional Portal (1000), Dimensional Teleport (800), Domination (10), Energy Bolt (5), Extinguish Fire (4), Eyes of Thoth (8), Fear (5), Fingers of the Wind (5), Float in Air (5), Fuel Flame (5), Globe of Daylight (2), Heavy Breathing (5), Ignite Fire (6), Impenetrable Wall of Force (600), Impervious to Fire (5), Impervious to Poison (5), Invisibility: Simple (6), Lantern Light (1), Levitation (5), Life Source (Special), Light Healing (6), Light Target (6), Magic Net (7), Magic Shield (6), Manipulate Objects (Special), Metamorphosis: Superior (100), Multiple Image (7), Mystic Alarm (5), Mystic Fulcrum (5), Mystic Portal (60), Negate Poison/Toxin (5), Null Sphere (220), Orb of Cold (6), Paralysis: Lesser (5), Resist Fire (6), See Aura (6), See the Invisible (4), Sense Evil (2), Sense Magic (4), Sense P.P.E. (3), Shadow Meld (0), Shadow Wall (400), Shatter (5), Summon Fog (140), Talisman (500), Telekinesis (8), Teleport: Lesser (15), Throwing Stones (5), Thunderclap (4), Tongues (12), Turn Dead (6), Vicious Circle (350), Wave of Frost (6).
     Shadow Magic: Eyes in the Dark (25), Manipulate Shadows (20), Night Stick (26), Shade Armor (18), Shadow Displacement (30), Shadow Globe (6), Shadow Pools (15), Shadow Vision (0), Whispered Voice (12).
Combat Training: Hand to Hand: Racial.
Combat Bonuses: +3 to Strike, +3 to Parry, +3 to Dodge, +3 to Roll with Punch, Number of Attacks: 6, Non-Combat Actions: 6, +4 to Damage, +6 to Save vs Horror Factor, +4 to Save vs Magic, +6 to Save vs Psionics, +8% to Save vs Coma/Death, +2 to Save vs Poison, .
Equipment: None.
Weapons: None.
Money: None.

Dragon sounds about right. Cool name :ok:

Carl
ImageImage
Sentinel
Palladin

gadrin wrote:
Sentinel wrote:I like Phase World (although I am a little hesitant on Phase Powers and a few other things), but it seems like a good basis for a space campaign.
Of course, I do not use MDC, so I make that conversion right away.

But yes, brainstorming is good.

the SDC/MDC doesn't matter, to me it's all the same in the end.

I think HU's SDC is the way to go, but MDC don't bother me.

SDC it is then.

do you want to do it offline (like an MSNGroup) or just here ? probably get more people here (depends if you want it private or not).

I'm not picky either way. Here's as good as anywhere else.

Carl Gleba

I like the variety you put together.

CG
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

gadrin wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:I like the variety you put together.

CG

I ended up going with a Titan mystic. I feel that's on par with a godling/demigod type of pc. Still fine-tuning him though.

I'd like to see your 7th level Ogre Shifter.

Anyway I'm thinking of rounding out the rest with

a Tolkeen Artifact Hunter
a "regular" shifter (per your book)
an HU mystic study or Astral Mage
a Nightbane sorcerer
a Spatial Mage or Temporal Wizard

I'll see if I can find him. He might be in the "Conan" folder.

Carl
ImageImage
Judas
Dungeon Crawler
Location: England when summoned otherwise Hell, where I burn well.

Unread post by Judas »

How about you make the nightbane sorcerer a mirror mage, would fit in nicley with the group so far?
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
-- Matthew 7:15
"Every girl looks good in the dark."
--Faraday's Law# 99

"A myth can die, but a legend is forever"

Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Carl Gleba wrote:Urdi-Mbre was created by Mr. Yoho. That was just one of those little east eggs I put in.

Leave it to Yoho to make a weird name.
Judas
Dungeon Crawler
Location: England when summoned otherwise Hell, where I burn well.

Unread post by Judas »

gadrin wrote:
Judas wrote:How about you make the nightbane sorcerer a mirror mage, would fit in nicley with the group so far?

well roll one up and if I like it, I'll put him in...

Alright then Gadrin :-P , you will have to give me a couple of days to get the bad boy rolled up, busy schedule you see.
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
-- Matthew 7:15
"Every girl looks good in the dark."
--Faraday's Law# 99

"A myth can die, but a legend is forever"

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”