MORE Giant robot stuff!!!!

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DhAkael
Knight

MORE Giant robot stuff!!!!

Unread post by DhAkael »

Okay, aside from the 'Iron Juggernaughts' from 'SoT', what other types of TW mecha have you used / constructed / tweaked?
ANNNNNNDDDDDD...what setting did you use said mecha in?
Personaly, I've had straight magic-powered mecha show up in my campaign, powered by 'enslaved' magic users & creatures, that could be opperated by non-magi.
Also there have been high-tech mechs that amplify the pilots existing magic abbilities (usualy range & damage; X3 to X5), with "crystalized" PPE collected from Ley-line nexi.

One more question point; what 'style' of magic-robot? Barroque, high-tech, rivets & bolts (HATE the Iron Juggers look :P )? And do you stick with just spells for thier ranged attacks, strictly kinetic, or high-tech 'ether cannons'?
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Last edited by DhAkael on Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
DhAkael
Knight

Re: MORE Giant robot stuff!!!!

Unread post by DhAkael »

Zerebus wrote:Conversions aren't allowed. Strike that from your post or the thread is doomed.

That said, I've designed mecha with Mana Drives and Black Hole Engines before....

I never said post the stats / name...
I know how a**l PBooks gets about naming names and such...USA...land of the lawyer :P

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Mu Mu!

Unread post by DhAkael »

One design I've got floating around in my campaign is the 'Azreal'; or Shadow-Reaper.
Basic design is a baroque, gloss black mech of about 8m height, with ruby-glass eye slit on the helmet along with 'valkirye' wing-ornaments on the helmet (if you can guess which mech desgin it's emulated on, good for you..and no it's name doesn't start with an "R").
Control is via linear-frame harness and 'mind-link' crown, with magic amplifiers allowing for the pilot to cast spells 'through' the mech (only amplifies range; X5), plus technowizard powers of it's own;
Ice-sword (as per spell), Winged flight (based on pilots' physical stats), Invisibility; superior, Shadowmeld, and teleport; lesser (amped enough to teleport its self along with the contained pilot). Most of the sensor systems are standard robot vehicle grade, with few 'tweeks' based on the TW magic-sensors detailed in the 'Three Galaxies' dimension book.
A space capable version is being worked on, in-game, which will utilize a few of the spells found in Rifter #10. :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

I've designed Beast robots before and often.. but most of my earlier TW robots were more along the lines of the Kittani/kydian Enhanced Power armors that we began seeing in Underseas.

an Eyelor armed Giant robot would be nasty..
especially if you give it eyes in every direction
nothing more fun then a 50ft robot with juicer reflexes.
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

I made a TW android Sort of Had body built gave sn ps, flight. invonerable to energy, And Armour of Ithan o ya and flamebolt . Then slammed in a tectonic entity to power it. :shock:

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”