Missing information

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Poocho
Wanderer

Missing information

Unread post by Poocho »

It seems pretty often while reading through the book you'll be without necessary information. I figure that maybe the info. is in other books, but wasn't included in this one.

For example, I was looking at Super Regeneration for Host Armor. It allows the armor to regenerate the pilot's lost limb. However, if the pilot leaves the suit during the regeneration, he'll have an incomplete limb. Unfortunately, it takes days/weeks to regrow it. The main problem I see here is that a pilot needs to eat, and he can't really do that while his head is stuck in the armor.

So, sure, the pilot could have his arm regrown, but he would've starved days/weeks before it would be completed. I'm gonna assume here that there's some way for this to work without killing the pilot. As far as I can tell, either the pilot should be able to nourish himself while fully encased in his suit, or he'd have to be able to open the "top hatch" enough to actually eat food.

There is another possibility. The number of days the book said it would take to regrow a full arm applied to the armor. It could be a lesser number of days for the pilot's arm. Still, the pilot would have to wait for the armor's arm to regrow even before his own would grow back.

Anyone see a solution here?

Perhaps knowing how long the pilot could survive inside the suit without eating could help.

I'd thought that maybe if the suit gorged itself, some of that could be transferred to the pilot. However, my suit is parasitic. It eats part of the pilot himself to keep going.

On another topic, I wish I could have some table listing how much it cost in credits for each normal human item. Although, ironically enough, the main reason for that being a problem all of a sudden just revealed itself as no longer being an issue.

Any suggestions?
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

create a nutriet pack inhancement have it work
similear to the nutrint system used by glitter boys
10 BIO E should do it

create a system that allows you to use the rest room

5 BIO E is a resonable cost
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Poocho
Wanderer

Unread post by Poocho »

Well, my HA is parasitic, so bodily wastes are already taken care of.

And now that I think of it more, I think that it would be reasonable for the character to be able to simply stay home and have a type of IV hooked up through the crack in his armor where he'd get in.

But thanks for the suggestions!

--Poocho :)

Return to “Splicers®”