Quatorian Bullet Shuttle

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

G
Adventurer

Thoughts

Unread post by G »

Cost: only 12 million? thats way too low, the ones in the books range from 30-90 million for fighters..shuttles are more. Yours will definately be on the higher end of the spectrum - because it has both a forcefield and FTL drive. Other shuttles like the 4 person proctor which cost 250 million, should make mincemeat out of your shuttle (I'd term it a long range medium fighter). The 3 person CAF black eagle medium fighter (DB3), may be the closest comparison to your bullet is 75 million..Although I can see your short life engine cutting the cost some (I would rather have a longer life engine that cost more - since I don't want it dying)

The one thing I have noticed about the spaceships in the dimension books, is that you have almost no hope of taking out anything bigger than you. Your shuttle doesn't do any better than anything else. not a critique of your blueprints in particular, just wanted you to be aware of it.

Stealth: it doesn't have it, and without it I think your ship is in trouble, because its can't really deal with the best fighters on the market.

I think you are probably best off starting with the black eagle and modifying it as you see fit. If you can afford the Phase world ghost is probably your best choice from the books (but really expensive).
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
G
Adventurer

Prices

Unread post by G »

The Runner should be 300 not 30, If that isnt a typo it should have been. I made a list of which ships cost how much, and it actually looks like they put thought into it.

Comparisons & vessels I would consider for you:
Gas Collector 50Mil (no FTL drive/forcefield, only defence lasers)
Black Eagele 75Mil
Pleasure Yaught 95Mil (no weapons)
Dragon Nova DB6 100Mil
PW Ghost 280M (really overpriced..but sometimes worth it)

Alternatively you might try magic to get from point A to point B...it might be cheaper (and avoid space battles)...but then you wouldn't be a space martial. But I'm not quite sure how space martials are going to work anywz; a single fighter can't take out, for example a single evil merchant. So that leaves you trying to get to the evil merchants destination faster and turn for example the space station against him, except that the merchant has more mass so it will get to the station sooner (or just has a faster FTL drive if you prefer). Lets assume radio is a bad plan, which leaves magic to get there ahead. Perhaps the thing to do is create a 6.5LY/HR courier/scout ship - but just the engine would cost 75Mil per DB6.

A more economical plan might be to let a 1+ Quatorian control each star system; and just radio back and forth..that evil people are dropping by. The book also suggests working undercover (Ie. receive radio signal, get a job on the evil merchant, warn others they are coming..get them captured).
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”